+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

taxi17

Oct 2, 2021
My parents are in India ;office is Vancouver ;applied oct 7 2021 ;still waiting.
My dad retired police officer ;they are doing additional security checks;
is anyone in same boat;
2 years and still waiting..

Sugaraddict

Aug 11, 2022
Hi everyone!
Do we send the original Police Certificate or do we upload a copy through the portal? The instructions seem a bit confusing: in one spot they say “provide an original police clearance certificate” and lower it states “Do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated”. Or is the first quote I wrote the statement to provide the original? I’m not quite sure what we should do. Please, advise! Thank you!

Sugaraddict

Aug 11, 2022
Sent application on Dec 5, 2021
Didn’t get an AOR at all
In August 2022 I linked the application in the portal, thanks to tips from this forum.
January 10th, 2023 sponsor approved
September 27, 2023 got request for medical exam, police certificate and additional family info form from sponsor.
Montreal office

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!
Do we send the original Police Certificate or do we upload a copy through the portal? The instructions seem a bit confusing: in one spot they say “provide an original police clearance certificate” and lower it states “Do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated”. Or is the first quote I wrote the statement to provide the original? I’m not quite sure what we should do. Please, advise! Thank you!
Scanned original copy of PCC. I had to email based on the instructions from the letter.

Gavin Johan

Mar 9, 2016
Hi Everyone, Wanted to check if anyone has encountered this. Both my parents currently live in India. My Dad used to work in UAE but retired in Dec 2009 and since then has been in India. Mom has always been in India and has not lived in UAE. CIC previously requested police clearance from India which we did submit but now is requesting police clearance from UAE for both. I really don't understand how can they expect police clearance from someone who hasnt lived in a country since 14 years or from someone who hasnt lived in the country at all?
Any suggestions?

Reactions: mjani81

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hi Everyone, Wanted to check if anyone has encountered this. Both my parents currently live in India. My Dad used to work in UAE but retired in Dec 2009 and since then has been in India. Mom has always been in India and has not lived in UAE. CIC previously requested police clearance from India which we did submit but now is requesting police clearance from UAE for both. I really don't understand how can they expect police clearance from someone who hasnt lived in a country since 14 years or from someone who hasnt lived in the country at all?
Any suggestions?
I think as per the guidelines on CIC website, they need PCC for the past 10 or 8 years. But their practice is they request for the PCC from age 18 onwards(where ever we lived >180 days).

nkaur1985

Oct 13, 2022
Hi All,

I applied for parents in 2021 for PR. I got the "MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE UNDERTAKING" form for my mother. She had medical and they did tests for TB and had inactive TB. They attached a document with below details do i need to get her treatment done again in India ? also will it impact on PR ?
I have not received Passport request for her yet. can you please tell me what should I do ? what need to be done with medical surveillance undertaking form

<<Your immigration medical examination for entry to Canada shows that you have inactive
tuberculosis (TB) or a form of complex non-infectious tuberculosis. This means that you
either
received treatment for TB in the past or
have been exposed to TB bacteria and your body’s defences have contained
the infection.
To prevent inactive TB from becoming active, early follow-up and ongoing monitoring
of your condition is important. Active TB can easily be spread to other people through
coughing or sneezing.
For your own health, and to protect the health of your family and the public, you must
contact a public health authority in the province or territory where you live. You will
find the telephone number you need in the chart below.
You must contact the public health authority within the time shown in the checked box:
thirty (30) days of entering Canada
(Time depends on the type of TB you have.)
If your first language is not English nor French, you may wish to ask someone to help you
make this phone call.
The public health authority will ask you for information on your “Medical Surveillance
Undertaking” form (IMM 0535B). This form was given to you either by the Visa Officer
with your other immigration papers, or by the Officer at the port of entry (airport).
You will be given a date, time and location for your appointment, which you must
attend. Take your “Medical Surveillance Undertaking” form and this handout to
the appointment.

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
My parents are in India ;office is Vancouver ;applied oct 7 2021 ;still waiting.
My dad retired police officer ;they are doing additional security checks;
is anyone in same boat;
2 years and still waiting..
Same boat, dad retired police officer. Applied on Nov 21, 2021. Waiting for the passport request for more than 4 months now.

ALLDISH

Jan 7, 2014
Hello

I trust that you are keeping very well!!

Urgent Help Required::

• Parents PR have been granted already under the PGP Programe.
  • Parents will be landing on Tuesday 10 October 2023 - in 2 Days via Land Cross road border from USA

Parents Details

Father : Principal Applicant - PGP program - PR granted
Mother : Secondary/dependent Applicant - PGP program - PR granted

Issue / Problem :: Mother's COPR document have been Lost or Misplaced (COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence),
Will my Mother be allowed to Enter Canada with only Passport Stamp through the Land Canada border from USA??
Will Immigration office issue a NEW COPR while crossing border for my mother to allow her to Enter Canada ??
What if someone lost the COPR in the Flight or at Airport while travelling ?
Mother has a Valid Super VISA - will she be allowed to Enter to Canada using that ?
Mother will be allowed to stay at USA if just in case if Canada does not allow to enter ?
Do i have to go for Urgent Webform? Is it going to work to issue new COPR document at Road Land Cananda Border?
Mother has a COPR's Photo of the documents received from IRCC but the Original has been lost
Mother is having Super VISA stamp in Passport anyway.

More Details :

Both - Father and mother have passport stamped with PR VISA but ONLY mother's COPR has been lost. mother is dependent
Mother has VALID USA visitor VISA and Canada SUPER VISA - COPR received and NOT LOST
Mother has VALID USA visitor VISA and Canada SUPER VISA - COPR received and LOST , what should we do ?

Please Help me asap as i my mother has been very scared and family is under stress.

Thanks you so much in advance,