+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Amolak817

Jun 16, 2022
Hi, my parents got passport request. Should I sent both my parents filled forms in one envelope or in separate envelopes to VFS as I got only one letter in principal applicants name. CIC have stated to sent in single envelope but vfs tells to sent in 2 separate envelopes. Please help. Thank you
Timeline please?

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Hi, my parents got passport request. Should I sent both my parents filled forms in one envelope or in separate envelopes to VFS as I got only one letter in principal applicants name. CIC have stated to sent in single envelope but vfs tells to sent in 2 separate envelopes. Please help. Thank you
when did you receive it? and Timeline please?

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Guys, Anyone received to repeat the medical exams ?

IRCC says Previous results are expiring in May so get it done again.
Do we need to upload it the same way like we did last time? Ie through gckey—> upload additional documents?

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Guys, IRCC has set a new example :(

Partially, it's my mistake to send an email to IRCC (I guess). They asked to repeat the medical test as it's expiry in one month.

1. Anyone else has received request to repeat medical test?
2. Isn't inland candidate are exempted from test as per temporary policy. Please share your experience?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams.html

See below conversation with officer and response.

.......................X..............................................X............
Dear Officer
This is to bring your attention towards the PGP file of my parents.

They applied for PR in Oct, 2021. It's been 18 months. All formalities were completed in mid of the last year.
Medical was passed 11 months ago (May, 2022)
PCC and other documents were sent on time.
Pre-arrival services email was received on Nov, 2022.

Since they are going to complete one year after medical, we are worried about going through the medical process again.

Request you to expedite the process and send us the next step to complete PR formalities.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanks

.................X....................X..........

Reply Received from IRCC (in less than 12 hours)
Officer is assigned to your file.
Due to the medical expiring in Many 2023 we have sent new medical intake forms via online correspondence, for you to complete new medical. We require 6 months validity for medical. Upon completing the medical examinations, please provide proof by replying to this email.

............X................X...........
So are there forms to be downloaded and filled up by parents ? Or just like the first time, ie. the print out of the email correspondence and book the medical appointment? I fear I may have the same fate instore for me. My parents medical expiring in June 2023.

Stkitts

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
VFS send the passports in 2 separate envelops, we got 2 tracking no's for my parents

Last edited:

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi there! General question regarding PGP! I applied for lottery in 2020 and my parents received invitation to apply in 2022 but never did due to extreme circumstances! Can we still apply in 2023 with same invitation from 2020 or we need to apply to lottery all over again?
The deadline to apply for that stream has passed, so it means you would need to join the lottery pool again for a new ITA

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Today i see that the background check status has changed to 'Not Applicable', earlier it was 'We're processing your background check', its a sign they are working on my file. Has anyone observed this as a part of their application process and what it means and what can be expected next? thanks in advance.

Last edited:

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Today i see that the background check status has changed to 'Not Applicable', earlier it was 'We're processing your background check', its a sign they are working on my file. Has anyone observed this as a part of their application process and what it means and what can be expected next? thanks in advance.
same happened with my application. Im guessing its just a glitch lol

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
I wa
same happened with my application. Im guessing its just a glitch lol
s going through previous posts from 2017 and 2018 on canada visa forums and they mentioned this status flip flops (in progress to not applicable and vice versa) a couple of times before the PPR request is received. , hopefully this is the last flip and PPR is received, lol.

@t

Apr 4, 2023
I wa

s going through previous posts from 2017 and 2018 on canada visa forums and they mentioned this status flip flops (in progress to not applicable and vice versa) a couple of times before the PPR request is received. , hopefully this is the last flip and PPR is received, lol.
Hopefully

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
I see the background check now not applicable

movais

Sep 10, 2018
I wa

Considering they are no strike, highly doubt they are even working on applications lol

Stkitts

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Hi All
I dont remember all dates

applied PGP in OCT2021
Medical and PCC sent in Nov2022
PRP and Pre arrival in Apr2023
passport sent to VFS last week and received it back today (8 days) and GC Key changed to Approved

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
hi guys,

I checked mine as well and not any changes there. it is still said :
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
so then not everyone has that and maybe they work on some file