+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

sahil raizada

Feb 19, 2015
Greetings everyone,

We applied my mother-in-law under the PGP Program back in October 2021 and now in the final steps. We recently received an email/letter from IRCC with the above subject line to confirm the following:

Excerpt from the letter.

Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the
confirmation of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through
the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
Please provide the requested information within 7 calendar days to ensure there are no
undue delays.
Confirming your permanent residence using the portal
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants (if applicable) are in Canada,
provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create a permanent resident
card.
In the portal there are two steps: step 1: declaring your presence in Canada is a
requirement to become a permanent resident and step 2: submitting a photo and a
Canadian address is a requirement to receive your permanent resident card.
You must have an email address in order to complete this process. You need to access
the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf. If you
are a representative and are receiving this email on behalf of a client, you must
forward this message to your client.

 Name as it appears on your passport:
 UCI:
 Personal email (one for the whole family):
 Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Location of last entry (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):
 Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):
 If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
o In which country are you currently located:

Now, the problem is, there is no option to enter all this information in the portal we have been using since day 1 in submitting all our documents.
Can anyone help please. We already emailed this address IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca but it's an automated reply.
I created new portal account under her name out of desperation but still nothing. Hope that this action won't complicate things.

Thank you in advance,
could you please share ur timeline?

Queen L

Nov 30, 2014
Greetings everyone,

We applied my mother-in-law under the PGP Program back in October 2021 and now in the final steps. We recently received an email/letter from IRCC with the above subject line to confirm the following:

Excerpt from the letter.

Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the
confirmation of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through
the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
Please provide the requested information within 7 calendar days to ensure there are no
undue delays.
Confirming your permanent residence using the portal
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants (if applicable) are in Canada,
provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create a permanent resident
card.
In the portal there are two steps: step 1: declaring your presence in Canada is a
requirement to become a permanent resident and step 2: submitting a photo and a
Canadian address is a requirement to receive your permanent resident card.
You must have an email address in order to complete this process. You need to access
the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf. If you
are a representative and are receiving this email on behalf of a client, you must
forward this message to your client.

 Name as it appears on your passport:
 UCI:
 Personal email (one for the whole family):
 Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Location of last entry (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):
 Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):
 If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
o In which country are you currently located:

Now, the problem is, there is no option to enter all this information in the portal we have been using since day 1 in submitting all our documents.
Can anyone help please. We already emailed this address IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca but it's an automated reply.
I created new portal account under her name out of desperation but still nothing. Hope that this action won't complicate things.

Thank you in advance,
Hello, how long ago did you receive the passport request email asking you to confirm the applicant is in Canada?
We got the email in February and nothing afterwards.

thank you in advance

Paradise

Dec 19, 2011
Congratulations! Can you share your timelines? Thanks!
Received Invitation in Sept 2021
Application fees paid on 5th Dec 2021
Biometric Submitted on 7th July 2022
Medical test submitted on 29th July 2022
Addtnl Documents along with PCC request on 22nd Aug 2022
Documents submitted on 16th Sept 2022
Documents receipt confirmation recd on 14th Nov 2022
PPR request on Feb 28th 2023
Pre arrival on the same day ( I received PPR request first and in an hour's time received Pre-Arrival by email)
Passport submitted on 4th March
Passport with visa and COPR received on 22nd March 2023

Praise the Lord!

Reactions: NRI16

JUNB

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
Could anyone help me with where to upload a Letter of Explanation regarding " Cannot Provide Saudi Police Clearance " in gckey. Please help, have until April 30 to comply

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Guys, IRCC has set a new example :(

Partially, it's my mistake to send an email to IRCC (I guess). They asked to repeat the medical test as it's expiry in one month.

1. Anyone else has received request to repeat medical test?
2. Isn't inland candidate are exempted from test as per temporary policy. Please share your experience?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams.html

See below conversation with officer and response.

.......................X..............................................X............
Dear Officer
This is to bring your attention towards the PGP file of my parents.

They applied for PR in Oct, 2021. It's been 18 months. All formalities were completed in mid of the last year.
Medical was passed 11 months ago (May, 2022)
PCC and other documents were sent on time.
Pre-arrival services email was received on Nov, 2022.

Since they are going to complete one year after medical, we are worried about going through the medical process again.

Request you to expedite the process and send us the next step to complete PR formalities.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanks

.................X....................X..........

Reply Received from IRCC (in less than 12 hours)
Officer is assigned to your file.
Due to the medical expiring in Many 2023 we have sent new medical intake forms via online correspondence, for you to complete new medical. We require 6 months validity for medical. Upon completing the medical examinations, please provide proof by replying to this email.

............X................X...........

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Guys, IRCC has set a new example :(

Partially, it's my mistake to send an email to IRCC (I guess). They asked to repeat the medical test as it's expiry in one month.

1. Anyone else has received request to repeat medical test?
2. Isn't inland candidate are exempted from test as per temporary policy. Please share your experience?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams.html

See below conversation with officer and response.

.......................X..............................................X............
Dear Officer
This is to bring your attention towards the PGP file of my parents.

They applied for PR in Oct, 2021. It's been 18 months. All formalities were completed in mid of the last year.
Medical was passed 11 months ago (May, 2022)
PCC and other documents were sent on time.
Pre-arrival services email was received on Nov, 2022.

Since they are going to complete one year after medical, we are worried about going through the medical process again.

Request you to expedite the process and send us the next step to complete PR formalities.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanks

.................X....................X..........

Reply Received from IRCC (in less than 12 hours)
Officer is assigned to your file.
Due to the medical expiring in Many 2023 we have sent new medical intake forms via online correspondence, for you to complete new medical. We require 6 months validity for medical. Upon completing the medical examinations, please provide proof by replying to this email.

............X................X...........
Hello,

Did you submit a web form or email? I called customer service a few weeks ago, and they confirm that if the applicant is in Canada during the whole PR cycle then may be exempt from medical. If your parents exit from Canada then I don't think this is applicable to you. But double-check with the officer.

astinjosef21

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22, 2013
AOR Received.
May 29, 2013
File Transfer...
July 23, 2013
Med's Request
No Medical Request
Med's Done....
August 02, 2013 ( upfront )
Passport Req..
March 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 10, 2014/DM - April 12, 2014/Visa Validity August 03, 2014
LANDED..........
June 2014
could you please share ur timeline?
October 1, 2021 - Received an invitation to apply for PGP
November 23, 2021 - Fee payment
April 7, 2022 - Documents completed/submitted
May 3, 2022 - Letter received regarding missing or incomplete documents/Re-submitted
August 7, 2022 - Another letter received regarding missing or incomplete documents/Re-submitted
October 6, 2022 - Application received
October 26, 2022 - Met requirements for Eligibility/Application for PR
October 27, 2022 - Received medical request
December 02, 2022 - Request for Police certificate, Fingerprinting and Police clearance request from Philippines
March 10, 2023 - New Medical request (Doctor just emailed IRCC)
April 12, 2023 - Received letter to confirm Permanent Residence through PR Portal
Still waiting for IRCC's reply regarding Portal credentials/log in...

astinjosef21

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22, 2013
AOR Received.
May 29, 2013
File Transfer...
July 23, 2013
Med's Request
No Medical Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 2014
Yes for sure we can do that but dont know how long they will take to fix it also they are on strike now too!!
Sent them an email. Hoping to get a response soon.

astinjosef21

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22, 2013
AOR Received.
May 29, 2013
File Transfer...
July 23, 2013
Med's Request
No Medical Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 2014
Hello, how long ago did you receive the passport request email asking you to confirm the applicant is in Canada?
We got the email in February and nothing afterwards.

thank you in advance
There is no passport request. My mother-in-law is here in Canada.
We received the email April 12, 2023

Sruraja

Feb 4, 2022
Hi Everyone! My parents are landing today in Canada as PR, can someone please help me with the information on what documents will be asked at the airport after landing please?

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hello,

Did you submit a web form or email? I called customer service a few weeks ago, and they confirm that if the applicant is in Canada during the whole PR cycle then may be exempt from medical. If your parents exit from Canada then I don't think this is applicable to you. But double-check with the officer.
IRCC asked me for a document over the email in Dec 2022. I used same email ID to send my request.

My parents did travel to India for 3-4 months during this winter (after medical in Canada).

Anyone else received a request to repeat the Medical exam ?

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Hi Everyone! My parents are landing today in Canada as PR, can someone please help me with the information on what documents will be asked at the airport after landing please?
Main docs required are stamped passport (with permanent resident immigration visa) and COPR document.

Apart from it, you would need to provide Canadian address where they could send PR card. (No address proof was asked).

Make sure you are carrying COPR document in hand luggage , a family was sent back because their COPR was in checked-in luggage.
It is advised to have travel insurance for atleast a week, before you get health card here.

Carry reports/receipt of medical test done for PR application (though they didn't ask us for this).

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2021.744749/page-651#post-10431235

itralala

Aug 21, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to update our timeline.
April 6 - Received email for the PR Confirmation Portal registration (to submit photo for PR card & get eCORP)
April 14 - Received eCORP (parent in Canada on super visa)

Processing office Vancouver.

Oct 24, 2021 to Apr 14, 2023 all in roughly 17.5 months.

Thank you everyone for your posts and replies. Good luck.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

itralala

Aug 21, 2020
April 12, 2023 - Received letter to confirm Permanent Residence through PR Portal
Still waiting for IRCC's reply regarding Portal credentials/log in...
It's the same login as your original when you submitted your PR application. They just create a new tab at the top that says "Permanent residence confirmation"

Reactions: sohereiam

Sruraja

Feb 4, 2022
Main docs required are stamped passport (with permanent resident immigration visa) and COPR document.

Apart from it, you would need to provide Canadian address where they could send PR card. (No address proof was asked).

Make sure you are carrying COPR document in hand luggage , a family was sent back because their COPR was in checked-in luggage.
It is advised to have travel insurance for atleast a week, before you get health card here.

Carry reports/receipt of medical test done for PR application (though they didn't ask us for this).

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2021.744749/page-651#post-10431235
Thank you so much