+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hello all ,
I have applied for parents grand parents 2021 program for my family in Dec 2021. Last update was received AOR and file transfer to Vancouver office on 23rd Feb, 2023. No update since then. Anyone else in the same boat or received AOR around 23 Feb, 2023 ?
File Transferred to Vancouver office on June 6, 2022. No update since then. Looks like Vancouver office is super slow

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
File Transferred to Vancouver office on June 6, 2022. No update since then. Looks like Vancouver office is super slow
Vancouver was always slow but it seems like even Mississauga has dried out.

Reactions: movais

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Its almost 9 months after medical and 8 months after PCC no update complete silence.
You and me in same boat. 8 months for me.
1. MPs are so discouraging , they can’t do anything but just ask for the status of file which we can already see on the portal. Nothing new.
2. I read somewhere that if we ask IRCC to speed up then they want us to go the super visa way. They expect us to keep pouring money in their system. Clearly this is the way as those who have parents in canada, their files are getting processed very fast.
3. requested gcms notes, raised web form inquiry. No response at all.

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
1. MPs are so discouraging , they can’t do anything but just ask for the status of file which we can already see on the portal. Nothing new.
2. I read somewhere that if we ask IRCC to speed up then they want us to go the super visa way. They expect us to keep pouring money in their system. Clearly this is the way as those who have parents in canada, their files are getting processed very fast.
My parents are in Canada for the last 20 months. Still, it's quite slow. I applied for a visitor visa extension and we received it in 6 days compared to online timelines of over 150 days. But not sure why the PR application is so slow. I applied GCMS twice but nothing suspicious. I called their customer service 2 times and they replied all good just wait for your turn. I didn't reach out to MP yet.

Reactions: MDM23

@t

Apr 4, 2023
I'd like to disagree with your thought process buddy. I get the frustration but please refrain from making wrong statements. As for your claim of whose parents are in canada get processed faster. That's not true at all,Infact I have seen a lot of files go through even faster for whose folks are in India. My mom is in Canada and i have been waiting too.
Hope we all get the desired results soon. Cheers

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
I'd like to disagree with your thought process buddy. I get the frustration but please refrain from making wrong statements. As for your claim of whose parents are in canada get processed faster. That's not true at all,Infact I have seen a lot of files go through even faster for whose folks are in India. My mom is in Canada and i have been waiting too.
Hope we all get the desired results soon. Cheers
I don’t disagree with you either or with anyone here neither trying to impose my thoughts on anyone. I have actual friends whose parents are in canada and they were granted pr without 8-10 months. Also this opinion is observed on few of the WhatsApp groups and telegram groups that I am a part of. Just trying to share my observations, not trying to impose on anyone. Frustrating? Yes the process but that hasn’t yet pushed me to blur my observations yet. Good luck with your file.

jimmyche

May 7, 2015
My parents' application (submitted in Nov 2021) is being processed at the Mississauga office. There have been a few back and force since then (ADR, Medical, RPRF, and updated passport info) the last one was updated passport and RPRF in Jan 2023. The issue is that I can't link their application to my father's MYCIC nor can I link it to mine. I have contacted the visa office and submitted webform but nobody seems to know why I can't link their application. Any tip as how I can check their application status?
I have had problem linking my applciation for like 10 months and finally I saw on the internet that the last question where it ask you for the number of people include in the application, you have to also include the sponsors. So for my application for my wife's parents. the total number of people included in the application is 4 (My wife's parents, my wife the sponsor and myself the co sponsor). Good luck.

Reactions: Calgary2014

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Its almost 9 months after medical and 8 months after PCC no update complete silence.
you are not receiving PPR , do you? and if not then did you send a webform regarding that? let them know that your Medical is about expire...

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
you are not receiving PPR , do you? and if not then did you send a webform regarding that? let them know that your Medical is about expire...
Really, I called customer service and they said the processing time is 39 months and you are still in your processing time. I believe we use Webform if we have to add or update anything to the application. Do you know anyone who used the webform for this and CIC action on it?

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Really, I called customer service and they said the processing time is 39 months and you are still in your processing time. I believe we use Webform if we have to add or update anything to the application. Do you know anyone who used the webform for this and CIC action on it?
no , I never called them and do not know a anyone with similar situation but if they did not send PPR in next couple of month, I may called them

Jul 23, 2016
Is it true that the validity of the visa is 3 months and parents have to land within 3 months from receiving the stamped passport? Is there a way that the validity of the visa can be extended?

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
do you get 6 month to travel to canada after PPR and visa?
Is it true that the validity of the visa is 3 months and parents have to land within 3 months from receiving the stamped passport? Is there a way that the validity of the visa can be extended?
It's usually valid till when the medical expires, which is 1 year from the date of medical done.

Reactions: Stkitts