+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Received Email notification today that passport has been dispatched. application status changed to Approved.

Passport submitted - March 14
Reached IRCC Delhi - March 21
Status changed to Approved in GcKey - March 30
Passport dispatched - March 30

Thank you friends for support and guidance in this journey...Best of luck to all who are waiting for their Passport requests !!
Congratulations!

Reactions: wstrn24 and NRI16

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Applied for gcms last September. Calling only gets me the standard answer if it goes through. My parents are back home and I (I am their representative) am in canada, so I provided mine where applicable and theirs where applicable.
Did you inform through web form regarding the change of address after your parents left Canada?

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Did you inform through web form regarding the change of address after your parents left Canada?
When I started the application, since then they were in India. They were not here. They have visited me twice in last 5 years, once staying a day over 6 months and the other visit was less than 6 months. For this I had attached a letter of explanation that it was a mathematical error which led to over stay by a day, did not provide pcc for it neither did they ask for it.

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Did you apply for GCMS? Did you call IRCC? When you submit the application did you provide a Canadian address?
what is GCMS?
PS I found it.
I may apply for it if I did not receive PPR in a month

Last edited:

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
When I started the application, since then they were in India. They were not here. They have visited me twice in last 5 years, once staying a day over 6 months and the other visit was less than 6 months. For this I had attached a letter of explanation that it was a mathematical error which led to over stay by a day, did not provide pcc for it neither did they ask for it.
No PCC is required from Canada. But this is strange I thought the delay is only happening to the applications for the applicants who are already in Canada.

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
No PCC is required from Canada. But this is strange I thought the delay is only happening to the applications for the applicants who are already in Canada.
The surprising point is that the MPs should be helpful but this it’s office talking with me and not the MP and also the way they didn’t encourage to meet in person and least interested in listening to our points. Instead they just want to be a messenger and wanted me to write an explanation letter and they will deliver . Finally they said they will check after 2 months for me. I am not sure how they concluded to check after 2 months and why not 4 weeks. So something is fishy. Anyways I’m not going to break my head with it. Just wanted people to be aware of how we get treated even after becoming Canadian citizens.

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
My in-laws are travelling in April (see our timelines below). They are travelling from outside and no previous travel history. Do we need to initiate any other process (like PR portal) now ? or PR will be automatically mailed to us once they complete their landing in Canada?
After landing at airport they will takre address and send pr card there as far i know or maximum new can happen is they will change there status as a pr and give instructions how to apply for pr card!!

sexychill

Aug 21, 2012
Visa Office......
EDMONTON - MANILA
Sad to hear your parents file hasn't progressed at all.

Do you know your processing visa office ?

Last i heard on my parents file was sponsor approval on 28 Sep 2022. Waiting ever since for next step. full timeline in my signatures

Mississauga

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anyone that hasn't got AOR yet? IRCC asked me to submit some documents in Feb. Not sure why my application is this slow lol