Nomination.....
Early Sept 2014
Med's Request
Mid oct 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 8th feb 2015, PPR 11th Feb 2015
Received notification this morning that passport has been dispatched. Also the application status changed to Approved. Hopefully will get passports back within a couple days.

Passport submitted - March 7
Reached IRCC Delhi - March 10
Status changed to Approved in GcKey - March 27
Passport dispatched - March 28

Thanks to everyone for your updates and discussions, it helps a lot. Good luck to all waiting for the next steps.
Congatulations !!

Reactions: ghostk

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Not required but a very good idea and recommended by government. Look at the OHIP website to see if 3 month wait period has returned
Thanks !

Checked OHIP side . It is a bit confusing

There is no longer a waiting period for OHIP coverage. If you are eligible, you will have immediate health insurance coverage. Find out if you qualify.

And when you check who qualifies, it says:

To meet the minimum qualifications you must:

• be physically in Ontario for 153 days in any 12‑month period
  • be physically in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after you began living in the province
  • make Ontario your primary residence

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
My parents are already in Canada, my father received Medical Surveillance Letter, do you know how to get the Form ?
we goT the form in the IRCC profile, its just what happens next I was wondering, what test is required? is it beyond Xray and is it something that can be done quickly or repeat visits?

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
My in-laws are travelling in April (see our timelines below). They are travelling from outside and no previous travel history. Do we need to initiate any other process (like PR portal) now ? or PR will be automatically mailed to us once they complete their landing in Canada?

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
hi guys,

now is almost 2 weeks that we received Pre- arrival email and no PPR. roughly how long we should wait till receive it ?

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
hi guys,

now is almost 2 weeks that we received Pre- arrival email and no PPR. roughly how long we should wait till receive it ?
As per the tracker for 2021 the range is very erratic.
Its from 0 days to 159 days, avg is at 23 days for sample size of 57 entries.

Reactions: RRBP

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
As per the tracker for 2021 the range is very erratic.
Its from 0 days to 159 days, avg is at 23 days for sample size of 57 entries.
Thanks! 159 is around 5 months! omg, I hope we receive it sooner that that! but that average 23 is calendar day right? or business day?

Whitebest

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
Received notification this morning that passport has been dispatched. Also the application status changed to Approved. Hopefully will get passports back within a couple days.

Passport submitted - March 7

Reached IRCC Delhi - March 10

Status changed to Approved in GcKey - March 27

Passport dispatched - March 28

Thanks to everyone for your updates and discussions, it helps a lot. Good luck to all waiting for the next steps.
Congratulations!!

Reactions: ghostk

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
My local MP office discouraged me to meet in person and didn’t give me any appointment, instead forcing to have conversations only in email. Plus they only give me the report what is on the gckey portal, they can’t even get the exact stage where it’s hung up and the reason for it. Just wanted to share my experience. Less than 2 months for medicals to expire and waiting for ppr. We have uploaded all the required documents pcc, voters card ,etc… but no updates since last 7 months since the upload.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: movais and Bimpsy_7

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
My local MP office discouraged me to meet in person and didn’t give me any appointment, instead forcing to have conversations only in email. Plus they only give me the report what is on the gckey portal, they can’t even get the exact stage where it’s hung up and the reason for it. Just wanted to share my experience. Less than 2 months for medicals to expire and waiting for ppr. We have uploaded all the required documents pcc, voters card ,etc… but no updates since last 7 months since the upload.
Did you apply for GCMS? Did you call IRCC? When you submit the application did you provide a Canadian address?

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Did you apply for GCMS? Did you call IRCC? When you submit the application did you provide a Canadian address?
Applied for gcms last September. Calling only gets me the standard answer if it goes through. My parents are back home and I (I am their representative) am in canada, so I provided mine where applicable and theirs where applicable.

NRI16

Aug 21, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2014
Nomination.....
Early Sept 2014
Med's Request
Mid oct 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 8th feb 2015, PPR 11th Feb 2015
Received Email notification today that passport has been dispatched. application status changed to Approved.

Passport submitted - March 14
Reached IRCC Delhi - March 21
Status changed to Approved in GcKey - March 30
Passport dispatched - March 30

Thank you friends for support and guidance in this journey...Best of luck to all who are waiting for their Passport requests !!

Reactions: MDM23 and ghostk