+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All
Got request for passport submission yesterday. Had applied in Sep-2021
As per the letter , its mentioned that my parents need to enter Canada 1yr after medicals which is Aug-2023

Is there any way i can push this? They cannot come this year due to a personal situation back home and makes no sense spending 5k on a ticket for a week.
Alternatively, can my mom just land and complete the PR formalities? The principal applicant is my dad.

Or worst case, if they don't land, can i send a request to IRCC to do another medical and they can travel next year maybe?
Normally you can’t change COPR expires date. Your parents will have to do a short landing. Small price to pay for PR.,Only exception I saw was doing Covid.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
that's because of COVID the 3 months wait have been waved. We do not know when that wait period will be reinstate.
Thank you for your response. I hope it remains that way for some more time. Thank you.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
1. wait times for landing depend on who else is landing at the same time. They can apply for SIN# at the airport during certain hours.
2. They have to fill out declaration forms like any other PR landing.
3. Would doublecheck the OHIP website the day before they leave to see if the 3 month wait time has returned or not,
Thank you for the details.

Reactions: grewal83

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
@canada.msn

Waiving of the 3 month wait period actually was due to Covid. We have seen the government roll back other Covid health policies like free access to treatment without ohip so I assume the 3 month wait period will be reinstated very soon even maybe April 1st. Anyone landing should look before arriving because they’ll need to purchase travel medical insurance before arriving in Canada. Most companies do not allow you to purchase once you arrive. The 3 month wait period is in place so people don’t come back to Canada solely to use healthcare.
Thank you for more details. I will check and ensure buying Travel Insurance as needed.

grewal83

Nov 21, 2015
sent out my parents documents for PGP in 2021 November.. biometrics done in December 2022 but still waiting for medical and pr to be stamped. Any one on the same boat and have any idea about how long is it taking to process the applications submitted in Dec 2021..
TIA

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
sent out my parents documents for PGP in 2021 November.. biometrics done in December 2022 but still waiting for medical and pr to be stamped. Any one on the same boat and have any idea about how long is it taking to process the applications submitted in Dec 2021..
TIA
Yes, I am. Refer to my signature. Can you please share the details and timelines for tracking?

shabnam13

Jan 30, 2018
sorry I am a bit confused for medical exam re-test. My parents passed their medical test on July 2022 and valid for year. If they did not recieve PPR by July 2023, do they need to do the test again? Thanks for input in advance!

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
sorry I am a bit confused for medical exam re-test. My parents passed their medical test on July 2022 and valid for year. If they did not recieve PPR by July 2023, do they need to do the test again? Thanks for input in advance!
It depends on the circumstances. If the medical was completed in Canada and they didn't leave Canada after the medical, you might be exempt from medical examination. Refer to the below link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Did anyone try this and get benefits out of it?

movais

Sep 10, 2018
TIA
Biometrics done in June 2022, after that nothing. Still waiting for medical etc. whats your immigration office?

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Received notification this morning that passport has been dispatched. Also the application status changed to Approved. Hopefully will get passports back within a couple days.

Passport submitted - March 7
Reached IRCC Delhi - March 10
Status changed to Approved in GcKey - March 27
Passport dispatched - March 28

Thanks to everyone for your updates and discussions, it helps a lot. Good luck to all waiting for the next steps.