+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Did anyone received PR cards for their parents? My parents PR got approved on 17th Jan, the status on PR portal is till showing "in review with IRCC".

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Hi,

Can someone please help me on how to submit passport for stamping/COPR.

The instructions are damn confusing.

Here are the questions I am looking for answers to:
  1. Can I courier my passport (application package) to VFS on my own or do I have to avail their 2 way courier service?
  2. Do I need to attach a consent form? If yes where do I find it?
  3. What is the passport package fee? How do I pay for it?
  4. What are the timelines? How much time does it take for stamping and receiving the passport back once it is delivered to VFS.
Thanks
Yes VFS instructions are damn confusing
  1. Can I courier my passport (application package) to VFS on my own or do I have to avail their 2 way courier service? - avail their 2 way courier service
  2. Do I need to attach a consent form? If yes where do I find it? - VFS will send it once you book 2 way courier service with them.
  3. What is the passport package fee? How do I pay for it? - No passport package transmission to IRCC fee if you are sending it to same VFS where you did biometrics (passport transmission fee was covered in biometrics)
  4. What are the timelines? How much time does it take for stamping and receiving the passport back once it is delivered to VFS. - Once you book 2 way courier, Bluedart courier person will come after 3 days to pick passports etc. He/She will call to decide day/time. My passport was picked on Feb 27th , probably it would come back in week of March 12th or earlier.

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Yes VFS instructions are damn confusing
  1. Can I courier my passport (application package) to VFS on my own or do I have to avail their 2 way courier service? - avail their 2 way courier service
  2. Do I need to attach a consent form? If yes where do I find it? - VFS will send it once you book 2 way courier service with them.
  3. What is the passport package fee? How do I pay for it? - No passport package transmission to IRCC fee if you are sending it to same VFS where you did biometrics (passport transmission fee was covered in biometrics)
  4. What are the timelines? How much time does it take for stamping and receiving the passport back once it is delivered to VFS. - Once you book 2 way courier, Bluedart courier person will come after 3 days to pick passports etc. He/She will call to decide day/time. My passport was picked on Feb 27th , probably it would come back in week of March 12th or earlier.
Thank you Ashish.

ASPR

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hey Guys ,

it's been 4 months since medical passed and pcc submission , no updates after that so raised web form and they said they have received everything asked.

more details in my signature , any suggestion what to do other than just long wait...
Finally something..

I received an update today saying
  • March 7, 2023 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

mhn06

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Finally something..

I am in similar situation. Submitted PCC and medical done in September 2022, no updates since then. How did you raise the webform and what did you mention there? Thanks

ASPR

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
I am in similar situation. Submitted PCC and medical done in September 2022, no updates since then. How did you raise the webform and what did you mention there? Thanks
I just asked them whats going on with application it's been a while but honestly they dont provide anything else than gckey status.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Finally something..

Submitted PCC since April 2022. March 3, 2023, We are reviewing the additional documents you provided:). I am hoping they wont ask for an updated one :(

Deltaedmonton

Sep 28, 2021
Did anyone received PR cards for their parents? My parents PR got approved on 17th Jan, the status on PR portal is till showing "in review with IRCC".
Same with us. I checked with the Customer care a few days ago, the agent said we need to count 39 calendar days(current processing time updated last week-for new PR Cards) from the date on the ecopr. If we don’t hear anything from IRCC even after those 39 days then we can call them back again and the agent can then escalate.

Jujuangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012 - Online Application
Doc's Request.
01-04 2012
Nomination.....
21-01-2013 -LOA dated 10-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-07-2013 in ADVO
Med's Request
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013 < ECAS Medical Received 08-25-2013>
Interview........
27-09-2012
Passport Req..
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
01-11-2013
Final Decision received today . Waiting is over got the pre arrival and PPR last Feb 27.

Reactions: NRI16

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Finally something..

It looks like the officer started working on your application. Hopefully, you will get something very soon.

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hello, Did you receive confirmation yet that the documents added to the file.

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Same with us. I checked with the Customer care a few days ago, the agent said we need to count 39 calendar days(current processing time updated last week-for new PR Cards) from the date on the ecopr. If we don’t hear anything from IRCC even after those 39 days then we can call them back again and the agent can then escalate.
Thanks...I think we completed 39 days...I'll call them and check.

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi Guys

My parents submitted Medicals, PCC and Biometrics all in early February. My mom received a request for additional medical tests on Feb 14.

She did went for the additional tests and they said the report takes almost 8 weeks to get generated as sputum test need that much time for test. But The email asking for the additional test said they have to be done by March 14.(30days from the time the email was sent).

"You have 30 days from the date of this letter to make an appointment to comply with this request."

I am confused now, should I send a webform informing the status or Just wait as the IME number might have the details associated. It says make an appointment to comply with the request but never mentioned they should receive the results with in 30days. I am sure they know the medical test(sputum test) they have asked for require 8-10 weeks for analysis.

Can someone please help with my understanding here? or tell me if its a good idea to send out a webform with these details.?

Also after submitting all the documents listed on the GCKey portal, the status still says "Your action is required", does that mean, they haven't seen my additional docs yet?
Deadline was Feb 24, which is passed and I have uploaded all the documents on Feb 22. someone please clarify.

cc: @Heli darji

Thanks
Raj

Last edited: