+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

SubaRaj

Sep 9, 2022
Hi
Did you get PR approval letter ?
In the same PR approval letter there is instructions regarding what information need to send for to create PR portal login . Once they create the login they will send you login info and after that you need to confirm the address and upload the photo. So it will be virtual landing.
No. I am waiting for the PR approval letter.
They have visa till 8th of April, so I am wondering now whether they can make the virtual landing before that.

Neha.karnad

Star Member
May 29, 2019
We had received the additional documents request on August 18, 2022 for PCC and proof of relationship. They were submitted the next day. The gckey however still shows as the documents you have uploaded have been uploaded under the additional documents. Any idea when this turns in being reviewed and what we are looking for in terms of timelines and next steps?

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Did anyone received the PR card for their parents? Just wanted to know how long it will take for PR card after getting the COPR.

Salas101

Jul 27, 2020
Hi,

I sponsored my mother and finally she got the last decision.
I need to know when entering to Canada, does She have to fill forms for the PR?
or that be done later?
Because in that case I will have to travel with her.

Application received :February 3, 2021
Started processing : November 25, 2021
Medical exam: February 9, 2022
Medical received : February 21, 2022
Passport request: January 4, 2023

Ahmed.Sami

Jun 17, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can enlighten me or advise me on the best thing to do.

I submitted my mom's application for PGP 2021 on October 21st and here's her timeline so far:

AOR - Aug 31st
Medical Exam: Sep 15th, 2022 - passed within a week.
Per-Arrival Invitation: Sep 17th, 2022
PCC: Sep 20th 2022, Submitted on October 5th 2022
Now, I am waiting for PR approval (she is outside Canada)

Now, I need to sponsor my wife and I am not sure what to do.
Should I wait until my mom's application got approved first and then apply for my wife or there is no issue submitting my wife's application now?

Thanks in advance for your support.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can enlighten me or advise me on the best thing to do.

I submitted my mom's application for PGP 2021 on October 21st and here's her timeline so far:

AOR - Aug 31st
Medical Exam: Sep 15th, 2022 - passed within a week.
Per-Arrival Invitation: Sep 17th, 2022
PCC: Sep 20th 2022, Submitted on October 5th 2022
Now, I am waiting for PR approval (she is outside Canada)

Now, I need to sponsor my wife and I am not sure what to do.
Should I wait until my mom's application got approved first and then apply for my wife or there is no issue submitting my wife's application now?

Thanks in advance for your support.
You don't need to wait. These are 2 seperate applications.
Your wife would have been included in the family size of you mom's application regardless if she is being sponsored or not anyway.

Reactions: Ahmed.Sami
Oct 14, 2021
Hello!!

Received medical request today. However, in the form, it shows my address (in Canada) and not the PA's address (Outside Canada). Is this normal or do I have to do anything?

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Jan 18, 2023
Hi, can someone please share your thoughts on following:
Applied for parents PR back in Dec 2021- last week CIC sent a letter to send proof of relationship and PCC due FEB 17 2023. Today I received the medical examination request for both parents. They are going to visit me in Canada on visitor visa during March to Sep 2023- what happens if they get biometrics and passport request while they are in Canada? Can they do both from here? I am calling CIC for general questions but as always the automated message says "due to high volume of calls they are unable to connect". Please share your thoughts on what can be done.

Ahmed.Sami

Jun 17, 2019
You don't need to wait. These are 2 separate applications.
Your wife would have been included in the family size of your mom's application regardless if she is being sponsored or not anyway.
Thanks, I've just got married this month, so I haven't included my wife when I applied to mom's application back in 2021.

Now, I need to update my status from single to married and then inform IRCC bout my wife.

I'm thinking of just waiting until getting the approval for my mom's application first then will apply for my wife.

What do you think?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks, I've just got married this month, so I haven't included my wife when I applied to mom's application back in 2021.

Now, I need to update my status from single to married and then inform IRCC bout my wife.

I'm thinking of just waiting until getting the approval for my mom's application first then will apply for my wife.

What do you think?
It's up to you when to apply. But you do need to update IRCC on your mom's sponsorship application after you got married.

I don't think your wife's sponsorship has much impact to your mom's. But if you are more comfortable to "monitor" one application at a time, you can wait.

Reactions: kafepoche

Ahmed.Sami

Jun 17, 2019
It's up to you when to apply. But you do need to update IRCC on your mom's sponsorship application after you got married.

I don't think your wife's sponsorship has much impact to your mom's. But if you are more comfortable to "monitor" one application at a time, you can wait.
Thanks YVR123… appreciate your support on this.