+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi All, I submitted my parents application in November 2021. I was requested to resubmit IMM 5406 in June 2022 which i did. Then I received AOR in July 2022 and I was able to link the application to view it online. It shows in 'submitted' status since then and there is no update after that. There has been no request for medical or pcc or anything.
Can someone suggest what to do in this case? How to proceed?

sexychill

Aug 21, 2012
Visa Office......
EDMONTON - MANILA
Hi All, I submitted my parents application in November 2021. I was requested to resubmit IMM 5406 in June 2022 which i did. Then I received AOR in July 2022 and I was able to link the application to view it online. It shows in 'submitted' status since then and there is no update after that. There has been no request for medical or pcc or anything.
We are in the same page. I linked mine on Sept 2. I still didn't have any update. I requested GCMS Notes last October 20,2022, I didn't get any notes till now. I requested it again and pay additional $5. I hope I get some notes for my parent's application by this time.

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
We are in the same page. I linked mine on Sept 2. I still didn't have any update. I requested GCMS Notes last October 20,2022, I didn't get any notes till now. I requested it again and pay additional $5. I hope I get some notes for my parent's application by this time.
Did you apply online using the pr portal or was it paper application? Thanks.

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Did you apply online using the pr portal or was it paper application? Thanks.

Mckayne

Aug 9, 2019
Hi Guys,

I received the email from IRCC below to provide the following documents

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT:
 Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer
since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate.

SPONSOR:
 Marriage Certificate / Licence: Please provide a copy of your marriage certificate.
 Citizenship records: Proof of Canadian citizenship (i.e. Canadian citizenship card, Canadian birth
certificate).
 Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information

I don't understand the request for the sponsor to provide the IMM5406 form. Has anyone received this before?

GSinghP

Oct 30, 2015
Hi fellow members,

New 2022 PGP applicants here, got really worried today that I received the ghost email and pointed out some documents are missing.

I haven't received any request letter or email yet.

but the word beside the status as "returned" got me really worried.

the most confusing part is they mark "incomplete" besides a clearly uploaded attachment :(

Should I be worried? what will happen next?

Thank you for your kindness.
Same thing happened with our application in jan 2022. The file was returned without any email and some of the documents we uploaded were showing incomplete (We couldn't edit them as well). We submitted a webform stating what had happened and after sometime (probably 2 months) we were able to edit/reupload the documents but couldn't submit them (although did not get any mail notification). We submitted another webform and this time we got a mail from IRCC that the file has bene opened and we can submit it. All this took a good chunk of 5-6 months but we were eventually able to submit what was missing. Parents got the PR approved, now waiting for the PR cards.

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2015
AOR Received.
February 2, 2016 (AOR 1) AOR2 May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
February 16, 2016 (Feb 22nd File received in Manila Visa Office)
Med's Done....
December 7, 2015
Passport Req..
September 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 3, 2016
LANDED..........
October 23, 2016
You can submit it by email.
I did it, received PPR after a month of submission of pcc.(Mississauga in my case)
Hi! When you submitted your PCC via email, did you receive and auto reply or not? Thanks

Paradise

Dec 19, 2011
Hello Everyone,

There is no news from IRCC since the time I have submitted my medicals and additional documents. I received acknowledgement from IRCC confirming the receipt of the documents received.
Passport request: 13 Nov, 2022
Passport sent: 21 Nov, 2022
Passport received with COPR: 8 Dec, 2022

r.singh85

Dec 7, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
Hello Everyone,

There is no news from IRCC since the time I have submitted my medicals and additional documents. I received acknowledgement from IRCC confirming the receipt of the documents received.
When did you submit additional docs ??? I sent them in Sept22, didn't hear anything since than.

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
I have a short query regarding my parents visitor visa - they received those “new message” emails almost 2-years after their visa application was completed. Any idea what could this be? I am not able to login into the account.

waiting for further correspondence for their PR application after medicals and PCC submitted 2 months ago.

amelia1860

Dec 28, 2022
Latest update for my returned application, I got a MAIL today, yes.. not email, but mail.

All seems straightforward to send the incomplete documents via email or mail provided in the mail.

but very confused on the additional fee of 55$:

under Sponsor's name

Fees: Insufficient fees were provided for the persons listed on the application. Please provide proof of an additional fee payment in the amount of 55$.

Anyone knows what this fee is? and how to submit it?

amelia1860

Dec 28, 2022
Hi Guys,

I received the email from IRCC below to provide the following documents

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT:
 Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer
since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate.

SPONSOR:
 Marriage Certificate / Licence: Please provide a copy of your marriage certificate.
 Citizenship records: Proof of Canadian citizenship (i.e. Canadian citizenship card, Canadian birth
certificate).

I don't understand the request for the sponsor to provide the IMM5406 form. Has anyone received this before?

I also got requested the same form. It shall be the same ones when you submitted for your parents' visit visa and you can find it from here..
make sure you fill out for both parents and HAND-WRITTEN signature them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/forms-related-permanent-residence.html