+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

amelia1860

Dec 28, 2022
Hi fellow members,

New 2022 PGP applicants here, got really worried today that I received the ghost email and pointed out some documents are missing.

I haven't received any request letter or email yet.

but the word beside the status as "returned" got me really worried.

the most confusing part is they mark "incomplete" besides a clearly uploaded attachment :(

Should I be worried? what will happen next?

Thank you for your kindness.

throwawayquestion123

Dec 23, 2022
Hi fellow members,

New 2022 PGP applicants here, got really worried today that I received the ghost email and pointed out some documents are missing.

the most confusing part is they mark "incomplete" besides a clearly uploaded attachment :(

Did they say anything else other than the mentioned above?

Early in the morning call 1-888-242-2100 and ask the agent to dig into your application.

amelia1860

Dec 28, 2022

Early in the morning call 1-888-242-2100 and ask the agent to dig into your application.
Yeah. I plan to call first thing in the morning.

In the status update email, they did say "Please log in to your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account to view of make updates to your application. Further details on the status update of your application, including any actions that need to be taken, will be sent in a separate email. Please ensure to check your inbox and check your junk or spam folder for updates."

I will wait for the 2nd email.. but want to see if anyone had similar experience before?

throwawayquestion123

Dec 23, 2022

No sorry, I have also applied about 2 weeks ago for the 2022 PGP, and have not heard anything yet (understandable, still early).

Call them tomorrow morning, and wait for the second email. If you have your documents uploaded, they might ask for further clarifications.

Which document were they referring to?
Also, what is a ghost email?

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi fellow members,

Hi
Don't get Panic.
Just go to your PR portal account where you submited your file. Whichever form shows incomplete fill the require information and submit again. I am PGP 2021 applicant I had this issue last year. You can my signature for more information.
Return status doesn't mean you are rejected or refusal. Just missing some information.

NRI16

Aug 21, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2014
Nomination.....
Early Sept 2014
Med's Request
Mid oct 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 8th feb 2015, PPR 11th Feb 2015
My in laws got their medical done and submitted PCC in Sept-2022 and now only waiting for the passport request from Mississauga office. They are planning to visit USA (Chicago and San francisco) next month and will stay their for 4-5 months. Can anyone please share their experience if they can submit the passport in USA consulate or embassy in case passsport request comes during their US Stay. Thanks in advance.

throwawayquestion123

Dec 23, 2022
My in laws got their medical done and submitted PCC in Sept-2022 and now only waiting for the passport request from Mississauga office. They are planning to visit USA (Chicago and San francisco) next month and will stay their for 4-5 months. Can anyone please share their experience if they can submit the passport in USA consulate or embassy in case passsport request comes during their US Stay. Thanks in advance.
I believe that IRCC will ask you to submit it at a certain specific embassy. If I were you, I would just submit it at the local embassy of their origin country/where you applied to avoid confusion, logistic problems, or any other issues. Save the hassle.

Reactions: NRI16

NRI16

Aug 21, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2014
Nomination.....
Early Sept 2014
Med's Request
Mid oct 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
I believe that IRCC will ask you to submit it at a certain specific embassy. If I were you, I would just submit it at the local embassy of their origin country/where you applied to avoid confusion, logistic problems, or any other issues. Save the hassle.
Thanks for your response. They are currently in India and planning to travel to US around 25th Jan 2023.

throwawayquestion123

Dec 23, 2022
Thanks for your response. They are currently in India and planning to travel to US around 25th Jan 2023.
Did they book their tickets? Is it an emergency trip or just tourism?
If it was my parents, I would either tell them to postpone it, OR a hybrid solution would be for them to travel to USA and when they request the passport book a ticket back to India right away and submit the passports. Its just not worth the complications. IRCC is already messed up with their processes and procedures, so why do you want to add another layer of complexity to your life? Just get the PR on their passport and then travel the world!

NRI16

Aug 21, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2014
Nomination.....
Early Sept 2014
Med's Request
Mid oct 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Did they book their tickets? Is it an emergency trip or just tourism?
If it was my parents, I would either tell them to postpone it, OR a hybrid solution would be for them to travel to USA and when they request the passport book a ticket back to India right away and submit the passports. Its just not worth the complications. IRCC is already messed up with their processes and procedures, so why do you want to add another layer of complexity to your life? Just get the PR on their passport and then travel the world!
Thanks for your response. Tickets are not booked yet. will wait for a month and see if we get the passport request.

rns9

Feb 2, 2016
Any updates on how long it will take to get the ECOPR and PR card ?
Uploaded the photo and gave the local Canadian address on the PR portal on 23rd Dec

Hi Everyone,

My parents are in Canada on Visitor Visa. They got the request for Virtual landing in Canada today. Please share the process and what all docs you uploaded on the webform?

Thanks

FYI Timeline
Got invited: September 2021
Submitted: 25 Nov 2021
Medical Submitted: 26 May 2022
PCC Submitted: 3 September 2022
Additional docs Submitted: 3 Sept 2022
Pre Arrival letter 17th Nov 2022
Virtual Landing Letter requesting Address and UCI: 18th Nov 2022
PR application approved email: 21st Dec
Upload photo and confirm Canadian address on 23rd Dec
eCOPR download - Waiting
PR card - Waiting

Cal_gary_PR

Jul 2, 2014
Hi fellow members,

I went through something similar at the early stage of my application. There was nothing in the PA's email. However, I received a letter my snail mail on my Canadian address (Sponsor's address) requesting a different form than what was submitted for representation. So I would suggest to keep an eye out for any mail (not email) from CIC. Hope this helps.

Reactions: amelia1860

amelia1860

Dec 28, 2022
I went through something similar at the early stage of my application. There was nothing in the PA's email. However, I received a letter my snail mail on my Canadian address (Sponsor's address) requesting a different form than what was submitted for representation. So I would suggest to keep an eye out for any mail (not email) from CIC. Hope this helps.
Thank you, this is very helpful. As I have been waiting for a request email, and nothing arrived yet... also CIC call centre PGP program can not go through to representatives, may just because of holidays... but I will wait for the (snail) mail...