+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
I submitted application for my parents in Nov 2022. Requesting from the 2021 applicants what is the realistic expected time period for application processing? Online the processing time is 38 months.

Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks

throwawayquestion123

Dec 23, 2022
Hello Everyone,
Maybe you can shed some light on my current situation PGP.
I have submitted my application for PGP last week (Invited from 2020 intake). I was looking at the processing times on the IRCC website and it says 38 months.

However, after checking this thread, some signature have an approval within 1 year of submitting the application. Is this normal? what is the "real" processing times? Is it actually 38 months, or could it be 1 year as others have on their signatures?

Thanks!

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Hello Everyone,
I have submitted my application for PGP last week (Invited from 2020 intake). I was looking at the processing times on the IRCC website and it says 38 months.

However, after checking this thread, some signature have an approval within 1 year of submitting the application. Is this normal? what is the "real" processing times? Is it actually 38 months, or could it be 1 year as others have on their signatures?

Thanks!
38 months is the average time. so if you see cases getting done in 12 months this means there are also extreme cases taking 64 months. I like to imagine every few weeks they replenish the coffee at their offices, and staff get a sudden boost of energy where they push out of batch of cases. Then it gets quiet till the next shipment.

microcan

Oct 5, 2022
Hi microcan,
Although it's not normal yet it has logic. Present processing time for PGP is 38 months and IRCC is anticipating to take more time to finalize the application i.e. beyond March 2023. Probably that's why they are asking you to redo the medical. Even if they decide your application in Feb, your parents will have little time left for landing as the last date of landing is fixed within the validity of medical(i.e. one year). Hope this will help.
Thanks for the reply, what you said about the dates makes sense. Thanks!

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
Hi
In our case, it took approx 13 months. I submitted application on 18th oct 2021, got PPR on 29th Sept 2022 and landed on 24th Nov 2022. Whatever documents IRCC required from us from time to time were submitted expeditiously. No specific mistakes or omisions were pointed out in the application. If you glance through the posts in this thread you will observe a number of applications were returned due to incomplete documents especially imm5406. In view of more than 55k application under process and 38 months processing time on their site, it is very difficult to guess the estimated trajectory of individual application. Only suggestion is
to be watchful of your gckey account and email for any update from ircc and respond it appropriately. Hope this will be of some help.

Reactions: SubaRaj and JUNB

throwawayquestion123

Dec 23, 2022
Hi
In our case, it took approx 13 months. I submitted application on 18th oct 2021, got PPR on 29th Sept 2022 and landed on 24th Nov 2022. Whatever documents IRCC required from us from time to time were submitted expeditiously. No specific mistakes or omisions were pointed out in the application. If you glance through the posts in this thread you will observe a number of applications were returned due to incomplete documents especially imm5406. In view of more than 55k application under process and 38 months processing time on their site, it is very difficult to guess the estimated trajectory of individual application. Only suggestion is
to be watchful of your gckey account and email for any update from ircc and respond it appropriately. Hope this will be of some help.
Good to know! I made sure everything was spot on, and will definitely make sure I reply back ASAP if needed. Thanks!

CanSpo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Good to know! I made sure everything was spot on, and will definitely make sure I reply back ASAP if needed. Thanks!
Also depends on your processing office. As our case is at Vancouver it’s slower giving instructions to No of files on same day like if they ask for Medical to some 30-40 files on same day and will be quiet for 2-4 months for further action

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hi
Hey Congratulations! What was your processing office?

Cal_gary_PR

Jul 2, 2014
Has anyone here delayed their PR Visa stamping? If yes, can you please let me know the process?

I believe we will not be able to send our documents within the 1 month time frame after receiving the passport request.

Thanks

Lucky2020

Oct 10, 2020
Hi I applied for my MIL visitor visa and she was requested to give biometric, she gave it yesterday and i have confirmation from vfs of giving biometric, i can see anywhere on ircc account (I applied) where i can upload bio acknowledgment, do we need to upload that?

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
WOW! you got your PR for your PGP application in about 1 year?!?!!?!??! Is this normal? nowadays it says 38months processing times!
Yes! They say 38 months, but normal processing completes in year or year and a half. I am following this forum thread and most of us got PGP PR within a year.

fly101514

May 20, 2015
Hi I applied for my MIL visitor visa and she was requested to give biometric, she gave it yesterday and i have confirmation from vfs of giving biometric, i can see anywhere on ircc account (I applied) where i can upload bio acknowledgment, do we need to upload that?
You have to send it via webform