+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Hello Folks,
My mother is Oct, 2021 applicant. She did upfront medical in August this year and we sent IRCC the eMedical sheet via webform, which they later confirmed added to the file. Earlier last month we received medical request in her mycic account. We are surprised to see the it because they have the upfront medical info on file already but we sent the same eMedical form again via the webform and hoping they will review it. Now it's been almost a month and mycic account hasn't yet updated. We are worried and need direction to contact IRCC through some channel or should we just wait?
Wondering if anyone has similar situation, please share your experience and suggestions. Thank you in advance

Sam011

Jun 8, 2015
Hi everyone.. If my brother just turned 22 in april 2022 and I want to submit the application in few day.. I understand I shouldn’t include him

im single no kids and sponsoring my parents
What my family size would be and income requirements

makskop

Feb 10, 2016
Hi All,
Got application approval for my parents and virtual landing profile created.

Timeline:
Application Submitted: Sep 26, 2021
Ghost email: Nov 30, 2022
Sponsor Approval: Jan 12, 2022
Medicals: June 6 (automatically updated - done previously for supervisa)
PCC and additional documents request: Aug 15, 2022 - submitted Sep 7, 2022
Additional document request: Sep 7, 2022 (submitted same day)
Pre-arrival services: Oct 8, 2022
Application approval letter: Dec 1, 2022
Visa Office Vancouver

Anyone to share experience with photos for COPR? Do I just go to any Shoppers and ask for JPEG digital copy?

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
How to check timelines in your signature?
Expand signature
Letter of Invitation: Sep-2021
Application Submitted: 04th DEC 2021
Additional Document request: Apr 14th, 2022 (IMM 566)
Document Submitted: 12th May 2022
Biometric request: 8th Jul 2022
AOR: 8th Jul 2022
Biometric completed: 12th Jul 2022
Medical Request: 17th Jul 2022
Medical completed: 19th Jul 2022
Medical passed: 28th Jul 2022
Sponsor Approval: 19th Aug 2022
Received request to submit PCC, Copy of New Passport, Proof of relationship: 26th Aug 2022
Submitted PCC, Copy of New Passport, Proof of relationship: 6th Sep 2022

Processing Office: CPC-Mississauga

code_chef

Sep 3, 2018
Dear All,

I submitted the application for parents last year under PGP program as a sponsor. Today I have received an letter from CIC to correct this info. Did anyone of you received similiar letter from CIC?

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of *** Goel and family (if applicable).

The sponsor must meet the Minimum Necessary Income (MNI) for each of the 3 consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the date of the sponsorship application, which is based on the Low Income Cut-offs (LICO) plus 30%. The MNI applies to residents of all provinces except Quebec, as per Regulation 133(1)(j)(i)(B) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

The MNI required for each financial assessment year is determined by the family size of the sponsor, co-signer (if applicable), and the principal applicant.

The sponsor’s family members (if applicable) would include the spouse or common-law partner, the sponsor’s dependent children or the sponsor’s spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children, and any dependent children of the listed dependent children.

The principal applicant’s family members (if applicable) would include the spouse or common-law partner and any dependent children from the current and/or previous relationships, whether they are coming to Canada or not.

Based on a family size of «7» persons, you have not demonstrated that you meet the required income to sponsor for one or more of the three consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the date of filing of the sponsorship application.

dependent(s) under the Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program as per Regulation 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

The client(s) below do not appear to meet the definition of a dependent. NameRelationship to Sponsor
Goel, ***Sibling
Goel, ****Sibling

A Foreign National applying under the Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program must be either the sponsor’s parent(s) or grandparent(s). All the dependent family members whether accompanying the principal applicant to Canada or not must be declared on the application and be examined.

Please see below for the definition of a dependent child. Please check the box which best describes the family member(s) that you have listed in the table above:

□ The child is 22 years of age or older, and the biological or adopted child of the parent. The dependent child has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22 and is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.

□ Above mentioned definitions do not apply

The dependent is 22 years of age or older and has not depended substantially on the financial support of the parent since before the age of 22 and does not have a physical or mental condition that prevents him/her to be financially self-supporting.

□ Above mentioned definitions do not apply

The dependent does not meet the definition of a dependent or a member of the family class as it relates to the Parents and Grandparents program.

If the applicant does not appear to meet the definition of a dependent, as per the definition above, please select the applicable box:

□ The dependent(s) do not meet the definition of a dependent child but I wish to include the dependent(s) and continue with the application for permanent residence.

□ The dependent(s) listed below do not meet the definition of a dependent child and I wish to remove them from my sponsorship application and continue with the application for permanent residence.

Name (Last, First)Relationship to Sponsor

Please sign, complete, and return this letter to our office within 30 days from the date of this letter.

If we do not receive a response within 30 days, we will proceed with the financial assessment of the sponsor’s application including all family members you have listed. This may result in you not meeting the MNI requirement.

Final verification on whether all dependents listed meet the definition of a member of the family class will be made by the visa office responsible for assessing the sponsor’s Parents and Grandparents application for permanent residence if you opted to proceed with the application for permanent residence if found ineligible to sponsor.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hello Folks,
My mother is Oct, 2021 applicant. She did upfront medical in August this year and we sent IRCC the eMedical sheet via webform, which they later confirmed added to the file. Earlier last month we received medical request in her mycic account. We are surprised to see the it because they have the upfront medical info on file already but we sent the same eMedical form again via the webform and hoping they will review it. Now it's been almost a month and mycic account hasn't yet updated. We are worried and need direction to contact IRCC through some channel or should we just wait?
Wondering if anyone has similar situation, please share your experience and suggestions. Thank you in advance
I am in same boat as you. See my signature.

Last edited:
Reactions: SubaRaj

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I am in same boat as you. See my signature.
Oo wow. our timeline is almost same.
I thought upfront med would speed up the process to some extent but unfortunately it didn't work as expected. It's matter of time now, will get there when the officer opens the file.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Oo wow. our timeline is almost same.
I thought upfront med would speed up the process to some extent but unfortunately it didn't work as expected. It's matter of time now, will get there when the officer opens the file.
Yes. waiting time game.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Hi,

I am in the process of applying online for PGP after getting invited.
I expressed interest for my one parent only (1 person) and when I checked the Income requirements set out by IRCC for 2019 is $41,007 (it says for 2 people though) where as my 2019 Tax year income is $37,600. Is this income enough for inviting 1 person?

Thanks!