+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello
My parents PR application is in process. My father is principal applicant.
Currently,
My mother is already in Canada on visitor visa and father is in India.
Their PR file will be completed soon.
My question is can my mother do landing at canada place as she is in canada and my father remains in India and come later
Or they both need to do landing together?
Please advise
PA needs to land first before dependents can land (if they will be landing separately.)

So in your case, your father needs to come to Canada to land first (if not visa exempted, PPR, then land with stamped passport).
And if mother plan to stay for very long (extending her visitor status until she can land), then she will be landing virtually after.
Not sure EXACTLY the steps. But you need to notify VO where the dependent is when you get PPR.

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
Hi all
Finally landed yesterday to conclude the PR process. Thanks this group for valuable advice at all stages of process. Really grateful.

Reactions: YVR123

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We submitted passports to VFS Manila and received a letter returning the passports since they were not involved in the processing and instead contact IRCC London. So confused on this. Was thinking maybe because PA had her medical in Canada and Dependent in home country despite medical immigration saying it was okay. PA is now back in home country. Any thoughts on this or previous similar experience? I have sent a webform and email request to submit to VFS Manila

Applied- Nov 21, 2021
AOR and sponsor approval - July 2022
Biometric for dependent - July 2022
Medical request - Oct 20 for PA
Medical request - Oct 27 for Dependent
Pcc and PPR - Oct 27
Medical PA - Nov 4 Canada
Medical Dependent- Nov 15 home country
PP submitted to VFS - Nov 22
PP returned - Nov 25

amo.gev

Aug 3, 2022
how do you find the processing location?
In the beginning they sent me a letter which was saying that my case is going to London, Ontario, but after the immigration officer from Kitchener sent me an email asking for additional documents, that's how I know.

Reactions: Stkitts

Stkitts

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
We submitted passports to VFS Manila and received a letter returning the passports since they were not involved in the processing and instead contact IRCC London. So confused on this. Was thinking maybe because PA had her medical in Canada and Dependent in home country despite medical immigration saying it was okay. PA is now back in home country. Any thoughts on this or previous similar experience? I have sent a webform and email request to submit to VFS Manila

Applied- Nov 21, 2021
AOR and sponsor approval - July 2022
Biometric for dependent - July 2022
Medical request - Oct 20 for PA
Medical request - Oct 27 for Dependent
Pcc and PPR - Oct 27
Medical PA - Nov 4 Canada
Medical Dependent- Nov 15 home country
PP submitted to VFS - Nov 22
PP returned - Nov 25
how did you get PPR before submitting medical? i have never seen this!! and what was your processing location?

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Son gill

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello...i got a request letter from IRCC asking to provide new IMM5669 schedule A background declaration form from oct 2021 till present..but the letter only says my fathers name...should i provide the same letter for my mother too as they both came here in canada on supervisa.?Please reply thank you

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hello...i got a request letter from IRCC asking to provide new IMM5669 schedule A background declaration form from oct 2021 till present..but the letter only says my fathers name...should i provide the same letter for my mother too as they both came here in canada on supervisa.?Please reply thank you
sending both information ,wot harm the process ,as they might ask you the same thing for your mom ,your application wont be returned because you gave them additional information

Reactions: Son gill

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Hello
My parents PR application is in process. My father is principal applicant.
Currently,
My mother is already in Canada on visitor visa and father is in India.
Their PR file will be completed soon.
My question is can my mother do landing at canada place as she is in canada and my father remains in India and come later
Or they both need to do landing together?
Please advise
I think ni need to land together.. but principal applicant must land first and I think for virtual landing only 5 days period is granted while Passport one month.. better enquire with official source.