- PCC uploaded May 20, 2022
- PPR/Pre arrival Sep 23, 2022
- Final decision made Oct 20, 2022
Congratulations!!

Reactions: jessiezhai

Whitebest

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
Did you figure it out how to link the GC key?
I am trying it almost everyday nothing works ☹
Does anyone know how to link the GC key when you have application number and UCI?
I am in the same situation as you. I have both application and UCI numbers and on a daily bases, I have been trying to link to GCkey. Still unable to. Is there any other way? The information I entered are correct. For the last question I entered 5
1. myself,
2. cosigner,
3. mum and
4. Two dependents that she will be coming with.
Total of 5.

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
Thank you so much. So I have to open separate account for grandparents, right?
i think so. my friend filed it through representative

Reactions: amo.gev

rhea2722

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
I received the PRP (passport request letter), however it is addressed to my Father (principal applicant), and my Mother's name (dependant) is not mentioned in the letter. Is this normal?

When we take an appointment with the local visa office, do we just take one appointment and submit both my father and mother's passports?

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

rhea2722

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Hello Friends,
Just wanted to give you guys heads up, so that its helpful for you.
It has happened with me so just giving heads up to you guys

If you parents in are back home, and once you have received the Passport submission request, you need to book an appointment for that on: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/latest-updates

Tricky thing where i made a mistake. On website of VFS it says that you have book appointment for each member accompanying along ~ maybe i miss read it, because when we book for biometric we book for each person, one for father and one for mother, separate

But this is not the case when you are booking for submitting the Passport, If you have got ONE LETTER for both (Father and mother) for submitting the passport, then when you are booking appointment, please select 2 persons in drop down, i made a mistake and i selected 1, thinking that i have to book for each, separate, and then when you enter same application number for other person, it says that this application number has already booked an appointment.

so select 2 persons and then it asks you the name of the both (father and mother).
Example: If you applied Father as main applicant and your mother is as dependent, then select 2.

Sending this so you guys do not have to go through this. Now, i have to wait till that one person's appointment gets expired, (as we can not cancel it). Then as per system you have to wait 3 calendar days to book new one.
Thanks for this heads up!

One question : I received the passport request letter addressed to my Father (principal applicant), and my Mother's name (dependant) is NOT mentioned in the letter. Is this normal?

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Just a quick question, today my mother-in-law received the pre-arrival service email. Normally how long it takes to get the passport request after Pre-arrival letter?

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
I read in this forum that one needs to enter Canada (landing) before the expiry of Medicals (which is 1 yr from the point of medical examination). Is that TRUE ? Because, they give you 6months/1year to land post completion of all processes. This doesnt add up - if 1 year to land before the expiry of medicals

vw@ut033

Jun 30, 2017
Hello All

I got a request to submit my mothers passport (PRP Letter) and my mother is in India now. Is there a way we can send the passport and other docs and photo by courier service to the VFS Global? Do they accept it or is there any service similar to it. Please advice.

Thanks

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
I read in this forum that one needs to enter Canada (landing) before the expiry of Medicals (which is 1 yr from the point of medical examination). Is that TRUE ? Because, they give you 6months/1year to land post completion of all processes. This doesnt add up - if 1 year to land before the expiry of medicals
true you have to enter before the expiry of your medical exams ,in principle when you are asked for medical ,they dont go over a year to give you your landing visa .