Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I'm in a bit of a pickle here. My parents were invited and they subsequently applied for their PR in Nov 2021.

Recently, (2 months ago) I had to move out of Canada due to a few personal reasons, although I will not hesitate to move back with my parents when their PR is approved. I haven't let IRCC know about my new out of Canada address for fear of them rejecting our application. I really do intend on returning to Canada at some point next year, so I really want to keep the application going.

About 3 weeks ago I received my sponsor approval email.

Now what I want to understand is if it's OK for me to stay out of Canada for this duration while we wait for their process to finish. My application is clear with multiple years of residence, good finances, and all tax returns filed and on time. The only issue is non-residence as of 2 months ago.

sexychill

Aug 21, 2012
Visa Office......
EDMONTON - MANILA
Hi,

I have some questions regarding co-signer. I am living here from last six years. I got married in Jan 2020 but my husband came here on PR in Sep 2021. So if I want to apply for PGP then can my husband be my co-signer?
Your requirements as a sponsor is the same as your co signor, if your husband just came last 2021, He doesn't have his annual income from 2019,2020. If you are planning to sponsor your parents for 2022. I don't think it will work. It needs to have 3 years of NOA

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Does anyone have a working link to the tracker? Earlier link is not working for quite sometime now.

gopalv

Sep 30, 2021
Guys, I'm in a bit of a pickle here. My parents were invited and they subsequently applied for their PR in Nov 2021.

Recently, (2 months ago) I had to move out of Canada due to a few personal reasons, although I will not hesitate to move back with my parents when their PR is approved. I haven't let IRCC know about my new out of Canada address for fear of them rejecting our application. I really do intend on returning to Canada at some point next year, so I really want to keep the application going.

Now what I want to understand is if it's OK for me to stay out of Canada for this duration while we wait for their process to finish. My application is clear with multiple years of residence, good finances, and all tax returns filed and on time. The only issue is non-residence as of 2 months ago.
I believe if you maintain your status of residency and income then it should not be a problem.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

totof2839

Oct 17, 2012
Hi, any help would be very much appreciated.

I was invited to apply for my parents and submitted the application in NOV 2021. Received a letter acknowledging receiptof application in June 2022 with UCI and Application #. However when trying to check the application status online, the system says it cannot find it.

I am just trying to find out what are the next steps since the letter was asking for IMM 5768 but also says that if I am applying from QC(which I am), I do not have to submit this.

Please help!

Thank you in advance

shuangsila

Feb 23, 2015

I believe the best you can do is to continue filing canadian taxes as you are a deemed resident of the country..

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
hi guys,

I have two question-

1- they asked us for additional document on May and we sent it to them few day later. but when I check GCKey still showing as below:

• We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
so how should I know they received it? I send them by email!

2- they asked for Medical which was done last week and doctor sent the result for them today but GCKey is not updated yet, so anyone knows after how many days it will be updated and shows as MEDICAL PASSED ?

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
hi guys,

I have two question-

1- they asked us for additional document on May and we sent it to them few day later. but when I check GCKey still showing as below:

• We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
so how should I know they received it? I send them by email!

2- they asked for Medical which was done last week and doctor sent the result for them today but GCKey is not updated yet, so anyone knows after how many days it will be updated and shows as MEDICAL PASSED ?
Usually between 3-5 working days based on my experience.

Reactions: RRBP

ApplicantCND

Jan 24, 2019
Cambridge
Category........
Hello everyone! I have a query on my mother PGP application. Got an email requesting the voter id to prove the relationship. I don't have my voter id with me. What other document can I provide to support?

I have my mother's name in my passport, I have my matriculation certificate with my father's name. I have my parents marriage certificate. Would that be sufficient?

Any advise?
A DNA test... :) Just kidding. I think those documents would be necessary. In Turkey we can get a proof of familial relations summary (a report) that the government provides and it lists everyone in the immediate family connected to the main applicant

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Good Day All,

After almost 1 year wait, I have received some updates on my parents file:

Application Submission - 01 Oct 2021

----Complete silence for 11.5 months-----

IMM5406 Request - 15 Sep 2022

IMM5406 Submitted - 16 Sep 2022
Biometrics Fee Request for my dad -(even though it was paid with app fees) - 23 Sep 2022
Fee receipt submitted same day via email and webform
Biometrics Request - 26 Sep 2022
Biometrics updated on GC Key - 28 Sep 2022
Sponsor Approval - 28 Sep 2022

---File forwarded to Vancouver Office---

Any idea how fast Vancouver office processes PGP files?

Thank you

Whitebest

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
Hi everyone,
I received sponsorship approval today. File is transfered to Montreal office.
Please, what's the next step(s). What should I be expecting next.
I'm still not able to link to GCkey.

Reactions: anurag0071

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
Good Day All,

After almost 1 year wait, I have received some updates on my parents file:

Application Submission - 01 Oct 2021

----Complete silence for 11.5 months-----

IMM5406 Request - 15 Sep 2022
IMM5406 Submitted - 16 Sep 2022
Biometrics Fee Request for my dad -(even though it was paid with app fees) - 23 Sep 2022
Fee receipt submitted same day via email and webform
Biometrics Request - 26 Sep 2022
Biometrics updated on GC Key - 28 Sep 2022
Sponsor Approval - 28 Sep 2022

---File forwarded to Vancouver Office---

Any idea how fast Vancouver office processes PGP files?

Thank you
congratulations. at one point you almost believed your application is lost and its not in their system.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi Everyone

We finally got medical request yesterday.

Application submitted- Oct 17, 2021 (Parents and 2 dependants)
Request for IMM5406- Dec14, 2021
Ghost email March 4, 2022
Biometrics letter for dependants (2)- April 4, 2022 (Parents have biometrics on file)
Linking to IRCC portal- April 4, 2022
Sponsorship approval letter via email- April 6 2022, Application forwarded to Montreal Immigration for further processing
Medical request- Sept 28, 2022

Reactions: wvo2017 and NRI16