+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I received email from government to provide forms IMM5406 for principle applicant (my Dad) again and its mentioned that all dependents less or above 18 must sign form, so do i have to fill this form for all his kids ?? none of my siblings will be included in this application. I am confuse how to move forward. any help would be appreciated. does anyone know best phone number to get help from CIC call center on this topic??
Form IMM5406 must be filled out by any dependent children of the principal applicant who are 18 or older, whether they are coming to Canada with the principal applicant or not. That means that if you have one 18 year old child as part of the sponsorship application, you need two of these forms in your application package.

Reactions: YVR123

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Dear friends,
My PGP application was returned.
I initially submitted the PGP application with a wrong copy of the receipt of payment. When I later discovered the mistake, I filled in the webform requesting them to append the receipt to the application. The amount paid was 2100 CAD for both grandparents. Just today, I saw that the status in the application portal has changed to returned and a letter was sent to my email requesting a payment of 700 CAD within 30 days.

Is anyone else in the same situation? Why are they requesting for another 700 CAD? How can I confirm if they received the 2100 CAD initially paid?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Best thing is to call them ,but in principle the cost of parents sponsorship should be $ 2160 the Biometrics for 2 should be $ 340 ,as for how you can confirm if they received the payment of $ 2100 we all did the payment through a credit card and if you got your receipt then its a proof of payment ,worst scenario would be they will return the payment of $ 2100 to the same method of payment that is if the decision was a refusal .( but again best thing would be to call them )

Superhero

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 25 2017
AOR Received.
Apr 13 2017
Form IMM5406 must be filled out by any dependent children of the principal applicant who are 18 or older, whether they are coming to Canada with the principal applicant or not. That means that if you have one 18 year old child as part of the sponsorship application, you need two of these forms in your application package.
Hello Citizenship canada, thank you for your answer. main applicant has children but they are not dependent on him so still each child has to fill this form??

sexychill

Aug 21, 2012
Visa Office......
EDMONTON - MANILA
Hi,
My caseID was 10 (completed), then changed to 7 (submitted) and I understand why; had a baby this year so I guess they need to review further. However, I see that rejectionReasons doesn't say null. Please let me know if any of you have a caseID7 and what your rejectionReasons says. This is worrying as I saw someone's said "null". I meet the financial requirements for I, husband, child, my mother and one dependant, however I'm not sure what this means. (submitted December 6th, AOR May12th, no further communication)
rejectionReasons: []
representativeConfirmationTimestamp: null
specialProgramId: null
status: {id: 7, statusEn: "Submitted", statusFr: "Soumettre"}
id: 7
statusEn: "Submitted"
i have the same for rejection reason. I think we are fine. :)

Reactions: hela :)

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Good day,
I am a PR in Canada and wish to apply for visitor visa for my mother for six months. Once I have sponsored her, can I sponser another parent on visitor visa ? Please help

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Good day,
I am a PR in Canada and wish to apply for visitor visa for my mother for six months. Once I have sponsored her, can I sponser another parent on visitor visa ? Please help
Visitor's visa (TRV) does not need "sponsorship" you'd need to "invite" her. And yes you can invite her and invite other family members, friends and relatives as you so desire and whenever you desire, they'd be required to show very strong ties to home country as one of the proof of them leaving Canada.

Super visa is still not a "sponsorship" but you'd need to provide some documents of yours with their application. Super visa is limited to only parents and grandparents no other relatives.

Reactions: YVR123 and ruka

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Visitor's visa (TRV) does not need "sponsorship" you'd need to "invite" her. And yes you can invite her and invite other family members, friends and relatives as you so desire and whenever you desire, they'd be required to show very strong ties to home country as one of the proof of them leaving Canada.

Super visa is still not a "sponsorship" but you'd need to provide some documents of yours with their application. Super visa is limited to only parents and grandparents no other relatives.
Thanks a lot

swapnali85

Jan 31, 2022
Hello - Is anyone facing below error while logging to gckey account? This was working fine few days back and suddenly started giving me error. Can someone help on next steps?

You are not signed in
Error 403

Your login session is either invalid or has expired.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hello - Is anyone facing below error while logging to gckey account? This was working fine few days back and suddenly started giving me error. Can someone help on next steps?

You are not signed in
Error 403

Your login session is either invalid or has expired.
Try clearing your browser history. That usually help with this error

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi,
I need to apply vistor visa for my mother. I landed as PR in August 2021 with family, Started working in my field from this January. In the last tax return, I filed zero tax. Can I apply for vistor visa for my mother, If so can I know the procedure. Thanks a lot

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hi,
I need to apply vistor visa for my mother. I landed as PR in August 2021 with family, Started working in my field from this January. In the last tax return, I filed zero tax. Can I apply for vistor visa for my mother, If so can I know the procedure. Thanks a lot
I recommend you go to the cic website and read up on TRV applications and requirements because I think you're confusing a TRV with PGP.

Your mom's TRV or anyone's TRV should have absolutely nothing to do with your taxes or your PR status. Of course it will "help" if you have steady income (via bank statement) assuming you're the one funding the trip. If it's your mom funding her own trip then her bank statement and ties to her home country will need to be solid.

A student on visitor visa can invite their family to come see them and they can be granted a TRV if the applicant(s) meet the criteria.

Your PR and employment status does not necessarily give her an added advantage on a TRV.

Again, go to the CIC website and read up on TRV application.

You can also post on the TRV section of this forum, you're currently posting under PGP.

Moose10

May 10, 2022
Received Invitation to Pre-arrival services
How long does it take for Portal email for photo/address after pre-arrival?

application was submitted in Nov 2021
Don’t remember AOR date
But Sponsor approval was around march-April 2022 and same email instructed to send additional documents in advance to avoid the delays…. PCC from back home and RCMP was sent through email….
Pre-arrival 14-September 2022 under new message on gckey
Status on gckey is still showing submitted and everything else under process

Shayna.hanzala

Aug 4, 2018
Hi all, I submitted all the documents but haven't received any update for PGP 2021. Is this normal? Also, can anyone guide how to link application to GC Key? It asks application number or UCI or family name etc. I don't know what is application number and also UCI is of the sponsor or parents? and lastly, can the application be linked to anyone's GC account?