+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
I was able to call IRCC Today as i have not heard anything back from MP regarding my inquiry. Agent confirmed that our application has not been entered into the system yet and there is no timelines that when it will be entered. Application stays untouched even after 11 months.
when did you submit it?

Reactions: kuldip25

Whitebest

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
happy to see most of the files are moving over the past two weeks and had updates. We got the passport request today, our case is out land and they have never been to Canada before, we did the PCC, biometrics and medical when IRCC requested.

Timeline:

Submitted Nov 17

Biometrics Mar 24

Medical passed June 21

Pre arrival letter June 8

PCC and one additional document submission June 14

Here is the letter:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our Ankara office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation. Due to the current situation regarding the novel coronavirus, if you are unable to provide the requested documents by the due date, please advise our office. We understand that some documentation may be unobtainable at this time. Your application will not be refused because you are unable to provide the requested document on time. STEP 1: Change in Circumstances: Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:  Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;  Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,  Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;  Change in health;  You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence.  Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.  Any changes that result in visa reissuance will incur a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge of CAD$30 for each visa that needs to be re-issued. Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada. Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations. 2/5 STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s) Determine whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada at: www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp a. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit your passport(s) even if: o You or your accompanying family members have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa or permit. o You or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada. Note: All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages. b. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or your passport is from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and each accompanying family member (Note: any accompanying family member whose passport does require a visa however, will need to submit their original passport as per Step 2a). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. Please do not send your original passport(s). *** Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents. You must provide an ordinary passport. *** STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS You must submit together: 1. One copy of this letter. 2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2. 3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST meet the precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this letter. If you submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf 4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do. 5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants
Congratulations!!

pragmanali

Sep 26, 2012
Hello folks.
I m really confused about immigration system.
My parents got approval of sponsorship letter on 21st Feb,2022. and said filed transfer to Vancouver immigration....after 6 months I received EXACTLY same letter but Aug 25 ,2022.

They got biometric requests 20 February, 2022..
No medical yet.....please share if anyone has same problem

CanSpo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hello folks.
I m really confused about immigration system.
My parents got approval of sponsorship letter on 21st Feb,2022. and said filed transfer to Vancouver immigration....after 6 months I received EXACTLY same letter but Aug 25 ,2022.

They got biometric requests 20 February, 2022..
No medical yet.....please share if anyone has same problem
It’s same with everyone whose file transferred to Vancouver. We got sponsor eligibility approval on May 4th with intimation of file transfer to Vancouver. After that no update. We are(parents) in Canada on visitor visa.

pragmanali

Sep 26, 2012
It’s same with everyone whose file transferred to Vancouver. We got sponsor eligibility approval on May 4th with intimation of file transfer to Vancouver. After that no update. We are(parents) in Canada on visitor visa.
Same like here, my parents also here on Supervisa.!

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
I submit on Dec 3rd, they asked more information on April 19th. But then never hear anything back. Still shows return on the status. Sad.
I submitted my file in Oct 2021 and first time I heard from IRCC was in June 2022. Then I got everything within like 2 months time . I hope you also get something asap .

Reactions: kuldip25

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. My parents are living in home country. My 17-year-old brother is studying here in Canada and living with me (I am his legal custodian). I submitted the application to sponsor my parents in November 2021, and my 17-year-old brother is a dependent. If my application is approved, my parents will come here to land to become permanent residents. I am wondering how my brother as a dependent can become a permanent resident while staying in Canada? Has anyone had a similar experience with the principal applicant being in home country and a dependent being in Canada? Thanks so much in advance!

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Hi Everyone,
Need some URGENT help. My mom received an email notification and letter in her application portal this morning. It says:

After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:

Please provide the current residential address for yourself and your dependant family member (if applicable). You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately throughout the processing of your application.
Question: Where does she provide the current residential address?

Mom's UCI - Her Name:
> Death Certificate:
Please provide a death certificate for your late spouse Dad's Name legally issued by the local governmental authorities. This must be received at this office by:
2022/09/29
Comment: It can be provided.

My UCI - My Name:
> Police Certificate: You are required to provide a copy of your original police certificate from Bangladesh. Please follow these instructions to ensure you provide the correct police certificate: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/policecertificates/
how.html This must be received at this office by: 2022/09/29
Question: I am very confused here. Are they asking for the police certificate for me or for my mom? I left Bangladesh more than 10 years ago.

> Proof of Relationship: Your birth certificate has been received as proof of your relationship to the Principal Applicant and Dependent. Additional information is required. Please provide a copy of your Bangladesh Passport. This must be received at this office by: 2022/09/29
Question: My Bangladesh passport is expired. Can I provide that to them?

Thanks so much for your help!

grabit

Jan 19, 2015
Hello everyone,

My dad is here on visitor visa. We were waiting all along for his application to process further but it was slow. Butwhen he came to Canada in July, he got medical request which we got done.
Now he got police clearance request and they need few other documents by Sept 19.
He is leaving on Sept 14 so my question is Can I ask for extension to submit police verification? It seems that he has to present in India to have police verification done.

Any inputs will be appreciated. Thank you

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I am happy to inform all of you that my parents got the passport request today. 1 day after they got the prearrival services letter as expected.

My timeline is as follows:
Application Submitted: 29 Oct 2021
AOR: 20 Jan 2022
Linked gc key with application: 21 Jan 2022
Biometric request: 1 March 2022
Medical request: 10 March 2022
Request for proof of relationship status and pcc: 18 June 2022
Sponsorship approval: 23 Aug 2022
Prearrival services letter: 24 Aug 2022
Passport Request: 25 Aug 2022.

Super happy to see quick progress.

Thanks for your support and guidance.
Congratulations! How long did they give them to submit the passports?

Eldee24

Aug 29, 2022
Asking for a friend. He was raised by his brother because his parents are deceased. When filling out the PGP application, he used his bro as parent. Now IRCC has requested for proof of relationship such as family registry, household registry, school records of sponsor with name of parents included. Any one know what exactly to provide to IRCC? Thanks