+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

n8d07018

Dec 4, 2015
Hello everyone,
I applied for my parents pr application in Nov 2021. I recently was able to link my application to gc key as well. Got an AOR on July 22. In gc key, their biometrics is already updated along with an expiry date. They visited Canada in 2018 on a tourist visa. I guess they took biometrics from that time. Will I be asked biometrics again though? In gc key I can see the date and validity of their biometrics. Also how long does it take to get medical request after receiving AOR? Just an approx timeline based on others experiences here. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

arielnana

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!! You are probably one of the first ones of the 2021 batch.

Would you mind sharing the medical and police cert timeline? And what is your processing office please? Thanks.
Thank you so much~ My parents are both in Canada right now with super visa. I don't know if that helps to make their application fast. So they have had their medical test and bio stuff on record already. And when I received the AOR in Feb, they did ask us to submit a police certificate. So we submitted right away.. Hope that helps..

kirantejoday

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
26-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30.03.2015 And 3 rd line update on 08.04.2015
Passport Req..
28.05.2015 and DM on also 28.05.2015
VISA ISSUED...
passport submitted on 3 June and received on 13 June
LANDED..........
Landed in Canada OCT 2015
Hi guys~ I would like to share with you guys..My parents sponsorship submitted in October 2021 has been approved on July 22. I know it sounds crazy....But it did happen so fast~ good luck to everyone!!!!!
Congratulations, Approved means what? Did you get PPR?

Reactions: kuldip25

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi, can someone please advise me as I received letter that I have not meet the required income to sponsor my parents and siblings. In which I noted that I am only sponsoring 3 people plus myself equal to 4. They included my sister who is 22 years older and financially not dependent to my parents, thus make it 5 in the application.

I want to remove her as dependent what should I do?

on the letter there are 3 boxes to choose from regarding the definition of dependent and 2 boxes if the applicant does not appear to be dependent.

should I choose one from the 3 and one from 2?

Thank you.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Need to check if I am doing it right. My parents have completed their biometric and also completing medical this week. I was trying to see their application status and was trying from here:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

I tried by both UCI and Application Ref but neither of these worked. Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance!
You need to check for status through gckey login:
https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s2ad23657f5f69e5a12a55957399682703bb85128d

jayuthaker

Mar 24, 2022
Hi guys~ I would like to share with you guys..My parents sponsorship submitted in October 2021 has been approved on July 22. I know it sounds crazy....But it did happen so fast~ good luck to everyone!!!!!
Congratulations!! Quick question: How do we proceed with PPR if parents are already in Canada? Just like VFS (for India), do we simply forward it to IRCC office or have they provided you with particular instructions to follow?

Just curious as my parents are also arriving soon (on super visa) for a year or so.

Last edited:

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Link to Gckey with UCI number or application number of principal applicant .. in last question they will ask for number of persons for this application.. normally we thought that parents but add 1 you sponsor.. if there is cosponsor then add 2 to parents

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Congratulations
Please share your timeline ..
Is their Biometrics and Medical already done for super visa and still valid? Or they gone through all like biomatrics, Medical and PCC ?

readraviteja

Jul 25, 2022
I got PGP invitation in OCT 2021 and submitted documents in Dec 2021. In March i got request to submit the biometrics for my parents and after that they replied that your sponsorship application is approved and application is transferred to Vancouver office. But after this its been 3 months no further update on my application and haven't got medicals and PCC request yet.

But to track the status of application i kept trying to link my application in CIC online and so far always it says details not matching. Can anyone help if you are able to lick FC4 family class category application in online and able to track the status? if so please do help me.
Guys , Anyone can update on this regard's it would be much appreciated.

Oct 14, 2021
I got PGP invitation in OCT 2021 and submitted documents in Dec 2021. In March i got request to submit the biometrics for my parents and after that they replied that your sponsorship application is approved and application is transferred to Vancouver office. But after this its been 3 months no further update on my application and haven't got medicals and PCC request yet.

But to track the status of application i kept trying to link my application in CIC online and so far always it says details not matching. Can anyone help if you are able to lick FC4 family class category application in online and able to track the status? if so please do help me.
Try all combinations while trying to link. I tried UCI/Application #/Applicant details etc... Finally it worked. Also, the number of persons in the last question has to include the applicant, dependents (if any), the sponsor and co-signer (if applicable). Hope it works for you.

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Congrats @arielnana...its really fast and thanks for sharing. It will give all of us a good hope that things are moving fast at IRCC.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Anyone know if PGP Is open again? its been closed for months now and we cannot even put in our interest to apply.

memories

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
Applied on nov 17. no single update yet
I called them and they told agent in Mississauga have not started to look at your file so there is no file in the system. the processing time is more then 30 months they are saying now.

looks like we cannot do anything as agent is not looking at the file and call center agents cannot help.