+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

GK1001

Oct 21, 2021
Hi All,

I Submitted my PGP application on 27th November 2021.
I received the AOR email today. But in the attached PDF I see only the Principal applicant's name specified which is my Father. I Don't see my mother's name in the PDF. Could you please inform me if this is how the AOR mail is received or should I send an email to the center for inquiry?

Any Help in providing this information would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: mehulmistry4

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
Hi All,

I received the AOR email today. But in the attached PDF I see only the Principal applicant's name specified which is my Father. I Don't see my mother's name in the PDF. Could you please inform me if this is how the AOR mail is received or should I send an email to the center for inquiry?

I my case also only the principal applicant's name is given in AOR and I think it's in order.

Reactions: GK1001

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
So we received a letter today evening from CPC-Mississauga asking for resubmission of form IMM5768 (Financial evaluation) for my in-laws application. But good thing is they assigned an application number and UCI number to it. However, UCI number they are using is same as my wife's UCI number which is wierd. Is it same for everyone?
Our timeline:

Application submitted: 19th October
Additional Docs requested (IMM5669): Apr 1st 2022
IMM5669 submitted: 11 April 2022
CPC Mississauga ghost email: 17th May 2022
IMM5678 request: 23rd June 2022

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
I received an aor email but nothing updated on the pr portal.

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your application.
OR
o Ifyouselected“No”totheStatementofConsentonthisformthenyouwouldneedto provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account. The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA. To obtain this document please call CRA at 1-800-959-8281.
The email says this but I submitted this form while applying. So what can be the next step ?
Hi I also got the same email. I have submitted the form while applying the pr application. I don't think we need to submit again as it says if not submitted. That's what I understood. Let me know what you think?

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
So we received a letter today evening from CPC-Mississauga asking for resubmission of form IMM5768 (Financial evaluation) for my in-laws application. But good thing is they assigned an application number and UCI number to it. However, UCI number they are using is same as my wife's UCI number which is wierd. Is it same for everyone?
Our timeline:

Application submitted: 19th October
Additional Docs requested (IMM5669): Apr 1st 2022
IMM5669 submitted: 11 April 2022
CPC Mississauga ghost email: 17th May 2022
IMM5678 request: 23rd June 2022
I don't think you need to submit the financial information form again if you already have done it before.

Reactions: mehulmistry4

mehulmistry4

May 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-11-2021
Nomination.....
28-09-2021
Hi All,

Same here. I received the AOR for my in laws today. Only primary applicant name on the letter. I remembered it was the same when my parents got their AOR.

We only need to resubmit the financial document if we did not submit with the application.

I tried to link the application with my in-law's mycic account but it didn't let me do that. I will try tomorrow.

Reactions: GK1001

parmar01

Apr 18, 2022
you still have all the background checks to do. Processing times ais around 3 years so you still have a long time until you can expect PPR.
The time for background checks depends upon the case. I know some cases where background checks were done within 1 month as in express entry cases while a few cases do take 2 years for background checks to get completed. But normally in cases where background checks are already done shouldn't take long. For instance, my parents got supervisa approved in Mar 2022 and in their account background checks for super visa are completed already. So it should not take long to process files like that. According to me, IRCC is not prioritizing these applications for PGP, at least that's what I feel. If they start prioritizing these PGP applications, they would be able to process them in a shorter time instead of making the waiting period go to 34 months. But they are not going to do that.

I do not care whether other countries allow parents to become Permanent residents or not but if Canada is allowing it, I do expect good service from IRCC, not this wait time of 34 months.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Hi there.. we just received an email to provide recent version of IMM 5476 (use of representative)... i am little confused...
it says FOR SPONSOR and it is addressed to the SPONSOR (my wife).. the APPLICANT is (my father in law) as my wife is sponsoring her parents..

Need guidance on WHO SHOULD BE COMPLETING and SIGNING this form??? any insights would be helpful.. thanks in advance..

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hi there.. we just received an email to provide recent version of IMM 5476 (use of representative)... i am little confused...
it says FOR SPONSOR and it is addressed to the SPONSOR (my wife).. the APPLICANT is (my father in law) as my wife is sponsoring her parents..

Need guidance on WHO SHOULD BE COMPLETING and SIGNING this form??? any insights would be helpful.. thanks in advance..
Two signatures are needed for IMM 5476 the applicant ( father in Law )and the representative ( Wife ) in your case .

xza55

Jun 22, 2022
Can someone please help me check when you use F12 trick. The email address color, is it read or purple? Mine is red.I did not sign 5476. But used my email, i worries there will be a problem. Thank you.

vineshdparekh

Oct 16, 2021
Hello folks, after reading people update I think there is a serious problem with my parents‘ application, do you have same experience or it’s just my application?
Dec 3–submitted
April 8–request letter for form 5669 for both of them
April19–sent the form with the request letter to the email.
Since then, I never receive anything. The status of application is still returned. I just tried F12 trick, it shows casestatus id8, phase is:1 read only: false and rejection reasons: null. It does not have any updates or any agent info. Does this mean the application got rejected?
Hi,
There is no issue with your parents' application. There is a huge backlog at the moment.
I had my parents' application returned in March and I submitted documents by end of March. I only saw the application updated back to submitted last week.
I had filled a webform to get the confirmation that they received the documents so please do so if you haven't done already.
Thank you.

xza55

Jun 22, 2022
Hi,
There is no issue with your parents' application. There is a huge backlog at the moment.
I had my parents' application returned in March and I submitted documents by end of March. I only saw the application updated back to submitted last week.
I had filled a webform to get the confirmation that they received the documents so please do so if you haven't done already.
Thank you.
will do, thank you. Did you sign 5476?

vineshdparekh

Oct 16, 2021
Hello everyone,
Could someone guide me to understand the steps for parents' sponsorship application?
Application submitted: Dec 05 2021
AOR Received: Jan 24 2022
Application Returned with additional information requested: Mar 24 2022
Documents submitted: Apr 09 2022
Application updated back to submitted: June 15 2022

So if there are no further changes/ questions on the application then what steps remain? Biometrics, medical, PCC?

Thank you.