+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

xza55

Jun 22, 2022
Hello all,

I submitted my PGP application on 2021/12/06 and when i login to the portal i just see status as "Submitted" and the View button is greyed out. Is it just me who is waiting without any further update after submitting the application? I received an update to submit the forms IMM5669 and IMM5406 on March 30th with the file no starting from XF and I did submit those forms on April 27th via email as requested and after that there has been no update.
Did any one else had a similar case or have any idea regarding this ?

Thank you in advance
Hello, we have similar timeline, did you receive update? Mine is still showing returned.

xza55

Jun 22, 2022
Hi, I got the same email. How long did it take them to respond to your email to confirm or update the status. Thanks !
I did not sign 5476 at all. I’m applying for my parents, do I need to do 5476? Should I resubmit it? They did not ask for it. Thank you.

Gaurav ahuja

May 24, 2022
Invitation received 2021 Sept 29- parents from India
Submitted - 2021 Oct 14
Ghost email - 2021 Dec 10
GC key login - 2022 March 11
AOR received- 2022 March 25
Biometrics -Not required old updated showing in GC key account
Webform submitted - 2022 April 25 new address intimation-as Arrived in Canada on visitor. We- Parents from India
Sponsor approval - 2022 May 4 with intimation of File transferred to Vancouver
Webform address updation: 2022 June 15 email received.
Medical request- waiting
Pcc- waiting
Ppr- waiting
Any updates from file processing at Vancouver???
My file is also transferred to Vancouver.
Either Vancouver office is dealing PGP applications with different approach or they are super busy.
I have also not received anything after approval letter stating it is transferred to Vancouver 2 months ago.

CanSpo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Either Vancouver office is dealing PGP applications with different approach or they are super busy.
I have also not received anything after approval letter stating it is transferred to Vancouver 2 months ago.
Thanks for sharing let’s hope for the best and quick action.

Akhanca

Apr 7, 2022
Our file was also transferred back in March, since then no communication.

Maxx07

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I submitted my application for my parents on 06Dec2021.
Yesterday I received the medical request in my father's (applicant) email id. Also, another email to me confirming the eligibility as Sponsor with some document requests and PCC.
Please help me with the following:
1. My parents are in Canada now staying with us. So can I do the Medical and PCC from here?
2. They will be back in India on 06Nov. Do I need to update the address for this period? I have someone to check their mails in India.
3. We already have an account in the Permanent Residence Portal, and the status is still Submitted and the button greyed out. F12 shows the status as Submitted as well. Is this fine?
4. Do I need to create another MyCIC account to submit documents? What info will link it to the application at the Permanent Residence Portal? I know I can email as well. Also, the MyCIC account will be for the Sponsor or the Applicant?

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Hello,
I submitted my application for my parents on 06Dec2021.
Yesterday I received the medical request in my father's (applicant) email id. Also, another email to me confirming the eligibility as Sponsor with some document requests and PCC.
Please help me with the following:
1. My parents are in Canada now staying with us. So can I do the Medical and PCC from here? Yes, you can do it from Canada. For PCC, you may need some address proof for your parents to submit at BLS. Check with them what would work.
2. They will be back in India on 06Nov. Do I need to update the address for this period? I have someone to check their mails in India. - I would suggest doing that.
3. We already have an account in the Permanent Residence Portal, and the status is still Submitted and the button greyed out. F12 shows the status as Submitted as well. Is this fine? Yes, this is fine. Most of us have the same status.
4. Do I need to create another MyCIC account to submit documents? What info will link it to the application at the Permanent Residence Portal? I know I can email as well. Also, the MyCIC account will be for the Sponsor or the Applicant? - If you create GC Key - you can link the application to that account and check the status as you need. Once linked, all future communications will be sent by CIC to this account.
Please see my thoughts above. Hope it helps.

Reactions: Maxx07
Apr 19, 2017
I did not sign 5476 at all. I’m applying for my parents, do I need to do 5476? Should I resubmit it? They did not ask for it. Thank you.
I don't think you have it, this is more to add flexibility so that you as representative can reach out to ircc on behalf of your parents. Also you can add this at any point of application process through webforms.

CanEra

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Baroda,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/06/2013
IELTS Request
submitted w/ appli.
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
LANDED..........
Almost by June2014
Hi Guys..please HELP or clarify..I submitted application for my parents in Dec 4 2021 and today I received email just saying please check portal for your application status has been updated.." generic email.
I logged in and checked the STATUS shows RETURNED and some of the forms shows INCOMPLETE..but no way to resubmit or any details what to do..ANYONE experienced this, please advice..
IMM 1344
IMM 5406
IMM 5768
Consent and Declaration shows INCOMPLETE..
In my case, after a generic email like that, I also got an email with a letter in an attachment explaining what form required to be resubmitted and how to submit like following. and that letter is required to be sent back along with the updated form.

How to Send Documents:
You may submit the required documents either electronically or via mail. Please only submit via one method as duplicate copies will not be accepted.
Please do not submit the missing or incomplete items via the Permanent Residence portal.
Option 1: via e-mail
For faster processing, send the requested documents electronically to the following email address:
IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Include your XF Application number (located at the top of this letter in the right-hand corner) in the email subject line and ensure that all requested documents have been attached in either .pdf or .jpeg format as other formats will not be accepted.
Please be advised that this email address is not monitored for case inquiries and is only used to submit application documents.
Option 2: via mail
To submit the requested documents via mail, please use the mailing address below:
Required Documents – PGP 2021
CPC-PGP
P.O. BOX 8020, STN T CSC
OTTAWA, ON
K1G 3H6
Bit weird though that the detailed email was received at my spouse's email address as being co-sponsorer.
So please consider checking all emails listed in your application.

Good luck!

akriti123

Oct 12, 2017
I received an aor email but nothing updated on the pr portal.

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your application.
OR
o Ifyouselected“No”totheStatementofConsentonthisformthenyouwouldneedto provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account. The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA. To obtain this document please call CRA at 1-800-959-8281.
The email says this but I submitted this form while applying. So what can be the next step ?

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
I received an aor email but nothing updated on the pr portal.

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your application.
OR
o Ifyouselected“No”totheStatementofConsentonthisformthenyouwouldneedto provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account. The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA. To obtain this document please call CRA at 1-800-959-8281.
The email says this but I submitted this form while applying. So what can be the next step ?
There is no corresponding update for an AOR on the PR Portal. As you have already submitted the desired documents nothing is required to be submitted now. Now try to link your application to the gckey account for receiving further status updates.

JcKobe

Aug 8, 2019
Winnpeg
This means when you submitted interest to sponsor form you included either PR card or Citizenship certificate or Canadian passport. Now when you submitted application you didn’t used same document and that’s what they are telling you that it doesn’t match
That makes sense. Thank you. Follow up question. They also asked for this form as apparently its incomplete. Do I need to submit one form for my dad which is the principal applicant, right? Im confused as its says there Each Individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

akriti123

Oct 12, 2017
There is no corresponding update for an AOR on the PR Portal. As you have already submitted the desired documents nothing is required to be submitted now. Now try to link your application to the gckey account for receiving further status updates.
Thank you. I already linked it 3 days ago but aor was received today.