Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
this is a long post please read on and weigh the pros and cons.

To your question: Panel doctors won't be able to give you advice if this will help with (any) immigration category. all they need is information to categorize your parents medical in the system. As long as you pay the fee you are entitled to do upfront for supervisa. Make sure it's non-EDE.

And I read that you want to lower the possibility of your parents to go to a distant location again for medicals. Personally I don't think getting an upfront medical is the problem. The problem is what happens after that. There are several possible outcomes if you choose to go down the upfront supervisa medical path.
1. Medical officer finds the record and links the examination at first review. Medical request is not issued. Medical passed. (Perfect!)
2. MO doesn't locate the file. Request issued. You submit webform and explanation of the situation. MO make the link and review medical. Medical passed. (Potential delay of process. But purpose served.)
3. MO doesn't locate the file. Request issued. You submit webform and explanation of the situation. MO make the link and review medical. Other tests deemed necessary. Your parents need another visit to the hospital. (not ideal. but avoided one trip. Potential delay of process, but purpose served)
4. MO doesn't locate the file. Request issued. You submit webform and explanation of the situation. MO cannot (or will not, see below handbook) make the link. Your parents need another visit to the hospital. (wasted money and time. Delay of process)

Obviously many has reported their supervisa medical is accepted for PGP. But there might be silent observers who hit the bump on the road. Hope you can receive medical request before your parents' trip and save yourself the headache and anxiety.

Here is more info on Upfront medical. Please read before you make your decision.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-guide.html#sec1.5.9

Upfront Medical Report – Client Biodata and Summary (IMM 1017B UPFRONT)
(See our sample IMM 1017B UPFRONT form in Appendix III.)

An upfront medical is an IME performed when an applicant reports to a panel physician with no paper Medical Report – Client Biodata and Summary (IMM 1017) or file in the eMedical system. Upfront medical examinations are generally permitted for students, visitors and workers who are applying to be temporary residents of Canada.

Only certain applicants are permitted to undergo an upfront medical. When it is not possible to confirm whether an applicant is permitted an upfront medical, you should perform one and indicate that the applicant is a “worker”. Please note that all members of an application should be identified under the same category. Therefore, if the principal applicant (say, the mother) is a worker, all children on the application should also be identified as workers.

These exams do not apply to family members being sponsored by a permanent resident of Canada. Whenever IRCC makes changes to the rules about individuals who can undergo an upfront medical, panel physicians are notified by their RMO.

About EDE and non-EDE

Excessive demand exempt (EDE) applicants
EDE applicants are people who cannot be deemed inadmissible on the grounds that they would place an excessive demand on publicly funded Canadian health and social services. EDE applicants include refugees, refugee claimants, individuals with protected person status, and certain clients in the family classes.

However, EDE clients are assessed for:

• danger to public health
  • danger to public safety
Non-EDE applicants
Non-EDE applicants are assessed for:

• danger to public health
  • danger to public safety
  • excessive demand on publicly funded Canadian health and social services
Thanks a lot for such a detailed response. I am really hoping they get medical request ASAP. They're calling the hospital tomorrow to see if they can do upfront medical there. I have some experience with it as I had applied for PNP (paper application) for myself in 2017 and it took forever to hear anything back. In the meantime, I was also eligible for EE and applied for it. I did upfront medical for EE, but the very next day I got medical request under my PNP file. I used the same eMedical to provide for PNP application via webform and it worked. Worst comes to worst, they'll do another visit anyways.

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
My application for PGP got accepted while I am living in Ontario. If I move to Alberta, would this somehow have any impact on my application? Please let me know if someone has already done this.
It won't affect your application. Just inform them about your new address. I got invited to apply when I was in BC, but I had moved to Ontario and applied from here.

Be_rings

May 31, 2022
Hi all, I need help pleaseee. Submitted my parents application December 6th no update until May 30th I got a ghost email and status says Returned and IMM5406 says incomplete. Now, my worry is there was no attachment letter to that email or in my profile as to what was incomplete. I see almost everyone in this portal says they got a letter with the email.

I am really worried. I have asked in this portal and someone adviced I should wait for a letter. This is the sixth day and I haven’t gotten any letter yet.

Please if this has happened to anyone, how long did it take to receive the letter for an incomplete IMM5406 after a ghost email.

sammiroobois

Oct 24, 2013
Hi all, I need help pleaseee. Submitted my parents application December 6th no update until May 30th I got a ghost email and status says Returned and IMM5406 says incomplete. Now, my worry is there was no attachment letter to that email or in my profile as to what was incomplete. I see almost everyone in this portal says they got a letter with the email.

I am really worried. I have asked in this portal and someone adviced I should wait for a letter. This is the sixth day and I haven’t gotten any letter yet.

Please if this has happened to anyone, how long did it take to receive the letter for an incomplete IMM5406 after a ghost email.
Check your other emails. My mother received ghost email on her email and I received the email with pdf attachment on mine, within minutes. I wonder if the notification (ghost email) is sen tto the applicant and instruction is sent to the sponsor (me)

sammiroobois

Oct 24, 2013
Hi guys,

So finally I heard back something from IRCC almost after six months from application submitted on 27th Oct 2021.
They requested to resubmit the IMM5406 form for principal applicant (my dad) and eligible dependent (my mom). I have a few questions related to that with hope that experts will guide me better :)

1. Should only my dad and my mom has to resubmit the form via email or being sponsor of them I have to fill the form as well?
2. I have a sibling who is married and not a dependent of my parents any more. Does she has to fill the form as well?
3. I am my parent's authorized representative and I received that email on my email id. So should I have my parents fill the form and signed it by hand and resubmit the form from my email id?
4. PR portal says application is "returned". I am able to see that along with IMM 5406 and consent & declaration also shows "incomplete". But there is no mention about consent & declaration form on email letter I received, so should I worry about it?
5. F12 shows the status 8 - returned. So after resubmit forms via email, how long does it take to change the status?

I know many of you have been in same boat at earlier stage and have great experience in this scenario. So your inputs will help me a lot here. Thank you all _/\_
Hi Chintan,
Same here, 5406 incomplete. I shall resubmit. I noticed the consent & declaration became incomplete as well - was that any concern at all? I didn't seem to find the answer in the thread. Thank you!

Another question - do I need to have my parents sign the previous documents again? F12 shows they are approved, but if my dates restarts from the day I resubmit 5406, are their signature still valid (way over 90 days from signing now, initially submitted back in November).
Thank you!

Last edited:

Be_rings

May 31, 2022
Check your other emails. My mother received ghost email on her email and I received the email with pdf attachment on mine, within minutes. I wonder if the notification (ghost email) is sen tto the applicant and instruction is sent to the sponsor (me)
Thank you for responding. I have checked both emails and nothing yet.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Applied on November 16th and today i received a letter by email with request to resend forms and send supporting documents .
1-funny thing they are asking me to prove that i divorced ,well this happened 23 years ago and when i moved to Canada with my Canadian wife ,all these documents for sure were provided for me to be able to proceed with my papers and i became a citizen ...
2-they want to know if i am the same person when it comes to my address, now for sure after i got my citizenship i didn't update them every time i changed my address , and the wording is kind of funny : documentation that demonstrates that the one that applied and myself are the same person
( anyone have an insight on how to prove this ? )
3- imm 5406 ...not sure what i did wrong but will do it again
4- best for last they need a CV for my mom that i stated clearly that she never worked in her life :)

( not complaining :) ,happy that the process started it was only to put everyone in the loop )

the whole thing was sent as an attachment sent by email and they send you two means to reply one by email to a specific address and one by post .
on another note the online application still out of reach so you cannot go back and look at any document like everyone stated before

and a 30 days delay to respond

F12 didnt show any updates different then before i received the letter

Last edited:

Be_rings

May 31, 2022
Thank you. How did you resend these documents? I mean i am not able to upload documents on the PR portal. I did email them on the email address provided in the pdf file which asked me to resend IMM 5768 form. I also send them these documents through CIC web form portal. Is there something else we need to do? Once they receive these forms how long does it take for the application to be back as submitted. For now it is showing returned.
Hello. What email did you use? I need to email them regarding IMM5604. Thanks

Chu2017

Apr 13, 2017
Hi. My parents application linked with GCKey. No email received since application submission. However , biometrics number and enrollment already shown on GCKey platform (biometrics were done for visitor visa). I have a question, what does it signify if application is linked with GCKey? Thanks

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
did you order gcms notes recently? is it true for all files or just some?
for me the gcms lines weren't there last week. today for every file two lines were added and the parameter is null.
"gcmsUploadStatus": null,
"gcmsResponse": null

my guess: they shared your file on GCMS and waiting to be picked up by VO.
Hi I haven't requested GCMS notes. Lets see what comes next. I will keep you posted. Thank you

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi Chintan,
Same here, 5406 incomplete. I shall resubmit. I noticed the consent & declaration became incomplete as well - was that any concern at all? I didn't seem to find the answer in the thread. Thank you!

Another question - do I need to have my parents sign the previous documents again? F12 shows they are approved, but if my dates restarts from the day I resubmit 5406, are their signature still valid (way over 90 days from signing now, initially submitted back in November).
Thank you!
Hello,
What I've figured out that consent & declaration will be automatically updated at later date once all documents review and stamp completed. There was no instruction in email letter on how to complete consent & declaration form so I didn't do anything with that yet.

I am not sure what you are referring by "previous document". But for IMM5406 form MUST have hand signature by your parents while they resubmit it.

sammiroobois

Oct 24, 2013
Hello,
What I've figured out that consent & declaration will be automatically updated at later date once all documents review and stamp completed. There was no instruction in email letter on how to complete consent & declaration form so I didn't do anything with that yet.

I am not sure what you are referring by "previous document". But for IMM5406 form MUST have hand signature by your parents while they resubmit it.
Hi, thank you!!!

previous document - I was thinking about all the other forms I uploaded the first time. I was wondering if I should print them again and sign again with todays date. It seems like we don’t need to do that. Just submit new 5406.
Would that be correct?