+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

mdhaliwal1

Apr 25, 2019
Hi All,
I submitted my parents file on Nov 23, 2021. Only email we received today for biometrics and it states file number on the letter. This was the very first email after Nov. have they approved sponsorship? Or will I get separate email for that? I am unable to link it to GC account.

Nsat

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
PER: 14-10-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
File Transfer...
Started Processing: 10-12-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Med's Request
Med and RPRF request: 16-12-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Med's Done....
26-12-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015 (received my passport back on 23-03-2014)
Hello all,

I submitted application for my mother on 2021/12/06 . Today i got an email from IRCC stating that the "Application i submitted does not meet the requirement for processing as the following item is missing or incomplete:

===================
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Sections A, B and C must be fully completed. The Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address must be filled. The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country. If any information is not known, please enter in “Unknown”. If you are unable to provide any of the information listed above for any individual listed in section A, B and C, you must provide an explanation.
=================

In my mothers case, her parents, all her siblings and my dad passed away. The only relation is me (her daughter) and my brother(He is already married and settled in US and not a dependent to her). Hence IMM 5406, was only submitted for my mother.

Can you please confirm if it should be submitted individually for everyone including those who passed away ,myself and my brother even though we are not dependent to her?

Thanks you in advance.

bkbbh

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hi, Can anyone explain how to understand/read f12 notes and which is important line which gives latest information/status of case file.

Regards

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2015
AOR Received.
February 2, 2016 (AOR 1) AOR2 May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
February 16, 2016 (Feb 22nd File received in Manila Visa Office)
Med's Done....
December 7, 2015
Passport Req..
September 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 3, 2016
LANDED..........
October 23, 2016

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hi, Can anyone explain how to understand/read f12 notes and which is important line which gives latest information/status of case file.

Regards
under name (cases&phaseId) this is where all the information are located to the right you click on preview for you to be able to start looking at some information ,click on the small black arrows to point down to show you the related information .and this is where you start seeing things that you can relate to ,example name of the application that you created under application name ,worker Id and when it was submitted, under documents and after you click on the black arrow to point down you will see 0 to 19 documents long phrase versus a short phrase ,select the long phrase and go to the right you will see the PFlink ( its actually the immigration form that was filled ) scroll down you can see is complete : true ( as an example ) at the same time you can see document approved : Null here the agent possibly checked the document or multiple document ,but no complete information yet if its approved ,rejected ,so you will be in waiting mode ,scroll down to status ID : most probably you will see 7 if you didn't get any notification yet cause it simply means application submitted, now although if you scroll all the way to the end you might see updated at and next to it a date ,this doesn't mean that the documents where not checked at another date that is a recent date ,in that case when you check the documents one by one and after scrolling to the end you will see a recent updated date and time .if the status ID is 10 then you are done and you should be receiving further requests related to medical or biometrics .that is my understanding of F12 unless if someone else can add more in formations or correct me in that case.

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Hi, my parents submitted the app last Nov 2021 but never received any AOR; but yesterday they received medical request directly. But they came to visit Canada in March 2022 and are still here up to mid July 2022. Now, can they do medical from here? What should be the process now? I tried to call IRCC several time but no luck.. can anyone pls help/ guide what should be done now?
Yes they can go through medical in Canada and even for PCC they can apply from there.. I think its through counsulate. I Don know details about procedure but surely they can do medical an PCC from Canada

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Hi, I am not able to link my application on gc key. May be I am making some mistakes but I have tried every option and every time it says we are not recognising application. Pl help
Last question number of people Is tricky.. include sponsor with parents.. in our case number is 3 myself husband ( parents) and son -sponsor.. if there is cosponsor then add one more

bkbbh

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hi all, In my f12 trick, what I understand that all the 20 points are mentioned as true. and my status id is 10. can any one explain what does it mean?

i could not find any mention of inprocess or file no

Regards

ammy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Jalandhar ( Punjab )
Visa Office......
Canadian Consulate Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 band
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
I got an email request from CIC Mississauga today ask for my spouse's option C print out. CRA online only shows 2019 onwards so I am waiting for a hard copy from them for 2018 tax.
Application submitted Nov 19, 2021
F12 status ID 7 submitted first updated on Jan 21, 2022
F12 Status changed to ID10 Completed on April 28, 2022
I Still couldnt link my application using the application number on the letter. :(
How do you print Option C from CRA? Where is it

Hnggnn

May 23, 2020
How do you print Option C from CRA? Where is it
Go to your CRA account online,
On "Tax returns" tab, click Go to tax returns. On the right bar, click on Proof of income statement.
That is the option C print according to CRA rep.
But they dont show 2018 tax year anyways so you will have to call CRA regardless to ask for hard copies.

Reactions: ammy

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hello All,
Need advice on something. Got letter from CIC for passport submission for my parents. Does anyone know how to submit the passport? The letter says to submit the package at VFS, do they need to personally go and submit it? Can someone please suggest how can we submit the passport?

Reactions: sureshcoim

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hello all,

I submitted application for my mother on 2021/12/06 . Today i got an email from IRCC stating that the "Application i submitted does not meet the requirement for processing as the following item is missing or incomplete:

===================
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Sections A, B and C must be fully completed. The Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address must be filled. The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country. If any information is not known, please enter in “Unknown”. If you are unable to provide any of the information listed above for any individual listed in section A, B and C, you must provide an explanation.
=================

In my mothers case, her parents, all her siblings and my dad passed away. The only relation is me (her daughter) and my brother(He is already married and settled in US and not a dependent to her). Hence IMM 5406, was only submitted for my mother.

Can you please confirm if it should be submitted individually for everyone including those who passed away ,myself and my brother even though we are not dependent to her?

Thanks you in advance.
Hi, Your mother have to feel out the IMM5406 only for herself. You and your brother does not have to fill it.
In her IMM5406, she still need to fill out all sections. Make sure to write the city, country and deceased date for each "deceased" person in their field (do not write "unknown" there). Make sure to hand written the signature.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: kafepoche

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
How about your gc key? Did get change with regards of the additional docs you submitted?
it really depends on the officer processing your file. they might well received and checked everything but didn't care to update gckey.
the only thing i know is that if they are not satisfied they will send you another doc request immediately.
i sent over PCC in march and never saw an update in gckey document line. i got an email reply from webform agent after 2 months so I know it has been received. but the other member got gckey update for optionC submitted by webform. cannot tell what is the norm here.
in your case maybe no news is good news now. sponsor approval will come in good time.

Reactions: Chintan.patel