+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
hi Guys,

I tried to link my application to gckey now but after I entered my username and password it guide me to CIC.GC.CA ?
anyone have an idea? Is that something wrong I do maybe?

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
hi Guys,

I tried to link my application to gckey now but after I entered my username and password it guide me to CIC.GC.CA ?
anyone have an idea? Is that something wrong I do maybe?
Try incognito mode in browser or clear cookies. Sometimes I get the same behaviour.

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Thanks! What do you mean by incognito mode?
Each browser has an incognito mode, in case of Chrome you can start it either by opening the menu in the top right corner and choosing New Incognito Window or if you're on PC use keyboard shortcut - Ctrl + Shift + N

Reactions: RRBP

Stars2022

Feb 23, 2022
So u meant at the bottom of the 5 documents they’re updated and the rest not yet. I thought they update it all at the same time. I didn’t notice mine since I only checked it when I got the ghost email and all documents are updated at the same day.
Correct. The rest update date/time still remains as my documents submitted date/time, no changes. If you received the ghost email and your status changed to 10, then you don’t need to monitor document reviewed date ( I have to do it every week to check the progress and predict when I can receive ghost email), you can try to link the application and get your FN

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Correct. The rest update date/time still remains as my documents submitted date/time, no changes. If you received the ghost email and your status changed to 10, then you don’t need to monitor document reviewed date ( I have to do it every week to check the progress and predict when I can receive ghost email), you can try to link the application and get your FN
I submitted on Oct 19th and got that document update on May 3rd with ID 10 and status complete. No ghost email or additional doc request yet.. Hang in there, yours will be soon!

parassachapara

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Need a small help for my confusion.
My Dad received additional documents request today. The letter stated as below

"Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member As
proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse.
NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship."

So here I do understand they need my Dad and Mom's Aadhar and voter Id. BUT does he need to submit any proof to prove my (sponsor) relationship to him?? Just confused after reading "relationship with your inviter"

Any help would be appreciated!!

Timeline:
Applied: 19th oct 2021
Ghost update: 9th Feb 2022
Medical: 8th March 2022
Biometrics: Done back in 2019 for Visitor
Additional document request: 4th May 2022

Reactions: montrealhoysala

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019
Try including your siblings even though they are over 18. Do not count your kids.
It worked for me when I included myself, my husband, my parents, my brother who is 17, and my sister who is 30, so 6 in total. I did not count my kids.
I tried several times but still application is not found. udder F12 , can you find the UCI number or null ?

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Need a small help for my confusion.
My Dad received additional documents request today. The letter stated as below

"Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member As
proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse.
NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship."

So here I do understand they need my Dad and Mom's Aadhar and voter Id. BUT does he need to submit any proof to prove my (sponsor) relationship to him?? Just confused after reading "relationship with your inviter"

Any help would be appreciated!!

Timeline:
Applied: 19th oct 2021
Ghost update: 9th Feb 2022
Medical: 8th March 2022
Biometrics: Done back in 2019 for Visitor
Additional document request: 4th May 2022
Yes, it sounds like they do. No harm in submitting your birth certificate if you have not already submitted. And Aadhar card/PAN/Voter card for your dad and mom. If they have marriage certificate, you can submit that as well. In my case, I applied for their marriage certificate and submitted the translated copy of marriage registration application and receipt as proof along with the application. Now, I have received the marriage certificate and will be submitting in due course.

sss19sap

Dec 17, 2016
Hi all,

Quick update : I got my sponsor approval letter yesterday after so long finally. First update! Also, able to link the application to gc key now.

Applied : 25 Oct
Sponsor Approval : 04 May
Medical : 04 May (Since my parents were already in Canada for last 1 year)

Quick question : Do I need PCC for my parents from Canada as well? Since they have been here for more than 6 months.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi all,

Quick update : I got my sponsor approval letter yesterday after so long finally. First update! Also, able to link the application to gc key now.

Quick question : Do I need PCC for my parents from Canada as well? Since they have been here for more than 6 months.
Congrats

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Hi all,

PCC yes. Congratulations!