+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi. I'm wondering if there is anyone from Nigeria who has received AOR?
I don't think AOR is dependent on the country of residence, CPC Mississauga does the completeness check, assigns application number and sends the file to the processing office assigned to the applicants country of residence/workload.

Reactions: mszfifie

GSandhuG

Oct 10, 2021
My mom’s passport expired last month. She has got a new passport now, how can I update this in the PGP application. Please let me know. Thanks

Whitebest

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
Submitted on November 19th. Requested information in form 5406 on February 17th.
Information sent on February 18.
Is that the ghost email?
If no, how can I link it.
Could someone please, direct me on what to do.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I wish someone would correct this with IRCC, they are giving medical requests way too early, I have seen how this can cause people a lot of headaches because the medical expires in one year and usually IRCC will not finish the process within the one year and people will have to do it again.
Think they want to eliminate people who would be considered excessive medical expense early that’s why they usually do medical early on. Unfortunately many do apply even if it is clear they will have difficulty being approved because they have advanced kidney disease for example.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
couldn't agree more. This is a long process and seniors health conditions can change drastically over one year. IRCC should really improve PGP process and send out medicals later. It will also help to reduce the resources used to review medical reports. I see ppl in 2019 group doing medicals 3 times. pray this won't happen to our group.
And for those who haven't received a medical request, as long as your application is moving, consider it a blessing in disguise.
Assume they are trying to eliminate medicals that will present excessive demand versus telling people at the 2+ year mark that they will be refused. There is still a chance that a parents health can decline during the process which is why they are required to do a medical right before approval. We have seen people die, decline in health, etc during the process. Unfortunately many think parent sponsorship is guaranteed when moving to Canada and don’t have a plan B. Given the level of immigration and our ageing population many will not be able to sponsor parents and should consider this when immigrating to Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123 and Bimpsy_7

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Think they want to eliminate people who would be considered excessive medical expense early that’s why they usually do medical early on. Unfortunately many do apply even if it is clear they will have difficulty being approved because they have advanced kidney disease for example.
Hmmn, another angle. they should at least be considerate and finish the process within a year of medicals