+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

BIREN_MAUN

Apr 10, 2022
Application submitted- Nov 14, 2021
Ghost email- Jan 25, 2022
Sponsorship approval letter via email- Mar 16 2022, Application forwarded to Vancouver Immigration for further processing

My question is I see many people got - 1.) Biometrics letter for dependants 2.) Linking to IRCC portal 3.) AOR etc; in between ghost email and sponsorship decision email. I haven't received any such thing, am I missing something? is sponsorship decision email AOR, I am confused because it has my UCI not my parents?

Any thoughts? please help.

BIREN_MAUN

Apr 10, 2022
the long wait for security and background check, then PPR. Close to PPR, might receive ADR for updated docs like travel history or schedule A, depends on how long the process takes.
Sponsorship approval letter via email- Mar 16 2022, Application forwarded to Vancouver Immigration for further processing

My question is I see many people got - 1.) Biometrics letter for dependants 2.) Linking to IRCC portal 3.) AOR etc; in between ghost email and sponsorship decision email. I haven't received any such thing, am I missing something? is sponsorship decision email AOR, I am confused because it has my UCI not my parents?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hmmn, another angle. they should at least be considerate and finish the process within a year of medicals
PGP isn’t a priority for processing especially given the current backlogs. Whether you are being considerate isn’t really the role of immigration. The fact that Canada has an PGP program with access to public healthcare would be considered considerate since most countries don’t.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Exactly what i thought they should be doing. Afterall, people have paid for the service.
They paid to get their parents PR. The fee they paid often doesn’t even cover processing fees not to mention lifelong healthcare, OAS/GIS, etc. since many PGP applicants never pay taxes in a Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You didn’t get sponsorship approval you received sponsor approval. That means that currently you meet the requirements to be a sponsor. Have your parents done biometrics on the last 10 years for another VISA? Linking is done by the applicant. Are you the representative on the account? Your parents should have their UCI# on their PGP documents not yours UCI#. Is your UCI# on Al the correspondence?

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

kpsingh242424

Mar 10, 2019
timeline:
submitted: nov 6 2021
ghost email - feb 23 2022
aor: mar 26 2022
application linked - mar 26 2022
medical passed - April 5 2022 (they considered the medicals given in 2019 for super visa)
received Sponsorship approval in mailbox on April 6, letter is dated as April 4th.

Now - they are asking for the pending documents(which include PCC). The most recent appointment I could get for a PCC from India is for May 2 2022 :( and I imagine it will take at least another 20 days to get it back

Question - Is there a deadline to submit PCC after receiving the Sponsorship approval letter?
Weird that they sent the Sponsorship approval letter in physical mail rather than an email. is it common?

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021

if you received sponsor approval letter you have past AOR. there should be application number (starting with F) and your UCI (sponsor's UCI) on it. I have never received AOR, see my timeline in the signature.
As for medicals and biometrics, all in good time. The instruction letters will have applicants UCI.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
timeline:
medical passed - April 5 2022 (they considered the medicals given in 2019 for super visa)
received Sponsorship approval in mailbox on April 6, letter is dated as April 4th.

Now - they are asking for the pending documents(which include PCC). The most recent appointment I could get for a PCC from India is for May 2 2022 :( and I imagine it will take at least another 20 days to get it back

Question - Is there a deadline to submit PCC after receiving the Sponsorship approval letter?
Weird that they sent the Sponsorship approval letter in physical mail rather than an email. is it common?
if it's not a letter asking specifically for PCC, there is no time line. just submit when it's ready.
no it's not common to receive SA in mail, most receive emails. but i also received it in mail.
did your parents do medicals in 2019? did they stay in canada since then?

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
timeline:

I got mine in email and they stated that I should not expect a mail.

kpsingh242424

Mar 10, 2019
if it's not a letter asking specifically for PCC, there is no time line. just submit when it's ready.
no it's not common to receive SA in mail, most receive emails. but i also received it in mail.
did your parents do medicals in 2019? did they stay in canada since then?
Yes. My mom stayed on super visa for 2 years since the previous medicals. Now shes back in the home country though

BIREN_MAUN

Apr 10, 2022
if you received sponsor approval letter you have past AOR. there should be application number (starting with F) and your UCI (sponsor's UCI) on it. I have never received AOR, see my timeline in the signature.
As for medicals and biometrics, all in good time. The instruction letters will have applicants UCI.
Thank you very much, appreciate your response! Thats the thing I directly received sponsor approval after ghost update. No request for bio metrics or medical, is that normal?

BIREN_MAUN

Apr 10, 2022
You didn’t get sponsorship approval you received sponsor approval. That means that currently you meet the requirements to be a sponsor. Have your parents done biometrics on the last 10 years for another VISA? Linking is done by the applicant. Are you the representative on the account? Your parents should have their UCI# on their PGP documents not yours UCI#. Is your UCI# on Al the correspondence?
Thanks! Yes, my parents did bio metrics in last 10 years for visitor visa. No, a separate representative form was not submitted but for correspondence my email is given. My concern is my parents didn't receive any document with their UCI on it. My UCI is on - OVS SPR Eligibility Decision Letter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks! Yes, my parents did bio metrics in last 10 years for visitor visa. No, a separate representative form was not submitted but for correspondence my email is given. My concern is my parents didn't receive any document with their UCI on it. My UCI is on - OVS SPR Eligibility Decision Letter.
Your UCI number is there because the decision letter was for you as a sponsor approval

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I received letter on friday April 8 from IRCC requesting Proof of relationship to sponsor such as school certificate, passport. And asking for IMM 1283 form for financial Evalution form.
Is anyone in same boat?