Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Akhanca

Apr 7, 2022
PGP 2021
- Application submitted October 14, 2021
- "ghost update" email Dec 10, 2021
- Biometric not required as done in last 10 years
- Sponsor approved March 25, 2022
- File transfers to Vancouver but sponsor reside in Ontario and sponsored person reside abroad.

Anyone else in Vancouver Immigration office?

CanSpo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
- Sponsor approved March 25, 2022
- File transfers to Vancouver but sponsor reside in Ontario and sponsored person reside abroad.

Anyone else in Vancouver Immigration office?
Mine is same
PGP 2021
Nothing after this. We are at ON.
Have you received Medical or PCC request?

Akhanca

Apr 7, 2022
Mine is same
PGP 2021
Nothing after this. We are at ON.
Have you received Medical or PCC request?
No medical or PCC request, so far we have received only sponsors approvel letter

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Good Morning Everyone,
I need some advice. I have applied for PGP on 01 October 21. No update on my file as of yet. My parents are currently in Canada on supervisa, their entry was made as 2 years at customs.

My dad's passport was about to expire so we have renewed the passport. Should i apply super visa again as his passport is changed? or he can live in Canada as is and wait for PR process to finalize?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Good Morning Everyone,
I need some advice. I have applied for PGP on 01 October 21. No update on my file as of yet. My parents are currently in Canada on supervisa, their entry was made as 2 years at customs.

My dad's passport was about to expire so we have renewed the passport. Should i apply super visa again as his passport is changed? or he can live in Canada as is and wait for PR process to finalize?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Good morning,
No you don't need to apply for super visa again. Super visa only apply if parents are outside canada. In side canada For longer stay you need to apply for Extension (Visitor record). When was the first entry into canada on super visa? And Remember PR process is long wait time game so you can't relay on finish processs to finalize quickly.

My parents also on supervisa then I got one time extension and I applied for second time extension. Visitor record process also long wait. First time I got approval after 5 months after the application was submitted. This second time I applied In November but still it is under processing.

Hope my answer can help to understand the process.

Reactions: ndhindsa

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Good morning,
No you don't need to apply for super visa again. Super visa only apply if parents are outside canada. In side canada For longer stay you need to apply for Extension (Visitor record). When was the first entry into canada on super visa? And Remember PR process is long wait time game so you can't relay on finish processs to finalize quickly.

My parents also on supervisa then I got one time extension and I applied for second time extension. Visitor record process also long wait. First time I got approval after 5 months after the application was submitted. This second time I applied In November but still it is under processing.

Hope my answer can help to understand the process.
Thank you very much for detailed answer, appreciate it. They have arrived in Feb 2022 so their stay is valid till Feb 2024. Lets hope PR process gets processed by then. Thanks again :)

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
PGP 2021
- Application submitted October 28, 2021
- "ghost update" email Feb 15, 2022
- Biometrics request March 11, 2022
- Sponsor approved March 14, 2022
- Medical request March 16, 2022
I wish someone would correct this with IRCC, they are giving medical requests way too early, I have seen how this can cause people a lot of headaches because the medical expires in one year and usually IRCC will not finish the process within the one year and people will have to do it again.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Realistically PGP isn’t a high priority. Just being honest. In most countries parent sponsorship is not even possible with access to public healthcare. With Covid, IRCC backlogs, Ukraine and Afghanistan, etc. processing times will be delayed.
Exactly, i just dont understand why IRCC is pretending to process these applications faster by dishing out medical request immediately after sponsor approval mail. I hate when they force people's pareants to redo medicals.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
I wish someone would correct this with IRCC, they are giving medical requests way too early, I have seen how this can cause people a lot of headaches because the medical expires in one year and usually IRCC will not finish the process within the one year and people will have to do it again.
couldn't agree more. This is a long process and seniors health conditions can change drastically over one year. IRCC should really improve PGP process and send out medicals later. It will also help to reduce the resources used to review medical reports. I see ppl in 2019 group doing medicals 3 times. pray this won't happen to our group.
And for those who haven't received a medical request, as long as your application is moving, consider it a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
hi @Raj2202 , with F12 trick are you able to see agent assigned to the application ? i have agent assigned but looks like agent forgot about the file or not taking interest i guess and might take long time.
I too could see a case worker assigned to my application using the F12 formula. But nothing beyond that. Applied on 22 Nov and not even a ghost update yet.

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
I too could see a case worker assigned to my application using the F12 formula. But nothing beyond that. Applied on 22 Nov and not even a ghost update yet.
Applied Dec 6 and have not heard anything, using F12 case worker has been assigned but no update or movement or AOR or file number.