+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Stars2022

Feb 23, 2022
Is there any way to contact IRCC about the progress of the file? I mean I understand that this process is way too long, but I applied on Nov 25th so its been 6months already and haven't received anything. I simply want to know if they have my file and documents are correct.

With F12 trick I can see the person assigned to my file but looks like he/she haven't even started anything on it. Having 6 months and still waiting on for any communication is too much to expect.
I had same thought. For intake assigned almost half year ago, the completion checking didn’t start, it is not reasonable at all. No matter how many months PGP takes, it is not applicable to us yet since the time is counted after receiving the completed application. The worse part, at this stage, there is nothing we can do but wait, wait for case worker starts to do the work, it may take days, weeks, months or years..

Reactions: YashviS

Cadvisap

Apr 4, 2022
For your dad, he would be the applicant in his own form and ur mum spouse. For your mum too vice versa. the part for kids would be the same for both, the sibling part would change. I created an extra word document as the form wasn't enough for the number of children and siblings they have. I made sure they signed it. and sent it back yesterday via email. Fingers crossed
Hi, I stumbled across your post while searching similar questions. I was asked to resend IMM 5406 due to missing info. I’m sponsoring my dad with my mom as dependent of his. The IRCC only mentions my mom’s IMM5406 incompleted. I’ve 2 siblings aged above 22 and will not be accompanying with them as they already in Canada with PR & Work Permit status. Do they need to fill out an individual form too? How long did you wait to have an update from IRCC again after you resubmit the form in the email ? Big thanks!

PGS2021

Nov 18, 2021
I uploaded thru webform a month ago and nothing in GCkey yet. "We do not need additional documents" has been there all the time.
I don't know your timeline but I assume you want to provide PCC without a request? You can do this after sponsor approval as it is clearly indicated to provide additional documents to your relevant VO, and contact details are provided in the SA letter.
If you are providing this WITH a request, (a message in GCkey), the acc will allow you to upload it. This works most efficient as VO retrieve docs directly without a middleman.
If without a request, you can only do it with email or webform(as indicated in SA letter). If you don't see a response after your webform then get prepared to upload PCC to GCkey again when they ask. Webform can get delayed. They received tons of requests everyday. Those with full details (file numbers and UCI etc) can be forwarded to relevant VO 'relatively" more quickly, but still be prepared for a very long turn around time. So it's still likely you webform has not been forwarded to VO and VO still send out PCC request. So you can see why some people just choose to wait for PCC request rather than provide it upfront. Most provide it upfront is because they already obtained it and "why not provide it earlier".
All that said, nothing we can do but relax and wait.
Ahh I see, thanks for clarifying. And yes I got approved as a sponsor and it states in the letter to provide the PCC. I didn't know that they would reach out later on specifically for the PCC, i thought we just had to send it over ourselves once we receive the letter, but as of now my status in GC Key also says "we do not need additional documents".

The approval letter I received also requests for a number of files that I've already submitted in my initial application (eg. birth certificate, parent's passport, IMM 5562 - Supplementary Information – Your Travels, etc.)

Is this a generic email and everyone has the same requirements listed again? I had already submitted these in my initial application so I don't believe I'd need to submit these again?

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi, I stumbled across your post while searching similar questions. I was asked to resend IMM 5406 due to missing info. I’m sponsoring my dad with my mom as dependent of his. The IRCC only mentions my mom’s IMM5406 incompleted. I’ve 2 siblings aged above 22 and will not be accompanying with them as they already in Canada with PR & Work Permit status. Do they need to fill out an individual form too? How long did you wait to have an update from IRCC again after you resubmit the form in the email ? Big thanks!
Since they already stated that your mums form is incomplete, you would focus on that. Your siblings are not dependants and wont be filling a separate form

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Finally was able to link the application to the GCKey last night. This is what I see after linking... Status shows 'Submitted' and 'Messages' - None.

Permanent ResidencyFXXXXXXXXXNAMEApril 5, 2022SubmittedNone

When I click on Check Full application status - It shows - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Application no. starts with 'F'.... does this mean that all documents are in order? Haven't received any email after the ghost email on Feb 22. Can someone please elaborate on F12 trick? Thanks in advance.

Timelines:
Application submitted - 27 Nov 2021
Ghost Email - 22nd Feb 2022
GCkey Link: 04 Apr 2022
Once you have an F application number, then it may mean ur application is fine and you await the next steps. I would take F as AOR

Reactions: canuck78

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Ahh I see, thanks for clarifying. And yes I got approved as a sponsor and it states in the letter to provide the PCC. I didn't know that they would reach out later on specifically for the PCC, i thought we just had to send it over ourselves once we receive the letter, but as of now my status in GC Key also says "we do not need additional documents".

The approval letter I received also requests for a number of files that I've already submitted in my initial application (eg. birth certificate, parent's passport, IMM 5562 - Supplementary Information – Your Travels, etc.)

Is this a generic email and everyone has the same requirements listed again? I had already submitted these in my initial application so I don't believe I'd need to submit these again?
see here

#3,424

we all have the same questions, and possibly the same vo. after reading some discussion in this group i tell myself it's a template. my vo is mississauga. what's yours?

Reactions: PGS2021

PGS2021

Nov 18, 2021
see here

#3,424

we all have the same questions, and possibly the same vo. after reading some discussion in this group i tell myself it's a template. my vo is mississauga. what's yours?
Okay thanks, that's reassuring. I was worried they were missing documents from me that I've already submitted. Mines also Mississauga.

So I guess after the biometrics, medical exam, and PCC, there's not much left other than wait? What would be after this?

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Hi Sanj,

You don't need any PCC for your parents stay in Canada. You can see that online .When you apply for Canada PR , your stay in canada did not need any PCC. It is part of criminal record check so if they need then they will ask you to get from RCMP.
See link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

You only need Indian PCC.
Hi and thank you Kiran.
Can i please also mention that the email i received from cic says that police clearance is required from all the countries my parents stayed for a period over 6 months since age of 18. I also contacted RCMP and they confirmed that police certificate is needed since they stayed in Canada for a period of 2 years. I am very much confused at this point.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
What is your timeline? I did receive an email stating that the documents have been received after which there is no update? I guess we will need to wait and see
Here is my timeline: File submitted : October 9, 2021 IMM 5406 requested: November 23, 2021 IMM 5406 submitted: November 25, 2021 Ghost email: February 23, 2022 Application link to GC key: March 17,2022 option c requested: March 17,2022 In GC key and PR portal status shows submitted...

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Once you have an F application number, then it may mean ur application is fine and you await the next steps. I would take F as AOR
Thanks much for your response.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Okay thanks, that's reassuring. I was worried they were missing documents from me that I've already submitted. Mines also Mississauga.

So I guess after the biometrics, medical exam, and PCC, there's not much left other than wait? What would be after this?
the long wait for security and background check, then PPR. Close to PPR, might receive ADR for updated docs like travel history or schedule A, depends on how long the process takes.

Reactions: PGS2021

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hello Anne,
I am on the same boat as you. My parents are currently in India and today i received an email for the police clearance. My parents are on super visa and they stayed in Canada for 2 years so basically we need to apply for PCC from Canada too. I just spoke with RCMP officer and the process they advised is too long and complicate. Can you please suggest if you went through a process of getting PCC from Canada for your parents?.
Hi! You don’t need to provide PCC for their time spent in Canada.

Do I need to get a police certificate for my time in Canada?
No. You don’t need to get a police certificate for your time in Canada.