+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to get RCMP from India

RISH427

Mar 30, 2015
Hello All,

I am sure some people will be looking for this now, as some people got this request.

Seniors, kindly help on how to get this RCMP from India ?

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
You cannot, there is no RCMP in India.

You will need Indian Police Clearance ;D

RISH427 said:
Hello All,

I am sure some people will be looking for this now, as some people got this request.

Seniors, kindly help on how to get this RCMP from India ?

RISH427

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks.

I've already sent PCC with my Application.

Looks like this is also required...but I am not sure..>COnfused !

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
RISH427 said:
Thanks.

I've already sent PCC with my Application.

Looks like this is also required...but I am not sure..>COnfused !
You would need RCMP only if you have spent time in Canada (as a student/work visa). If you have been in India all your life, you would just need the PCC which you can get from the passport office.

RISH427

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks...

I applied under CEC, which means I was in Canada for almost 14 months..

I already sent PCC from India with my App.

Now, I don't know know how to get this RCMP sitting here in India :(

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
RISH427 said:
Thanks...

I applied under CEC, which means I was in Canada for almost 14 months..

I already sent PCC from India with my App.

Now, I don't know know how to get this RCMP sitting here in India :(
Hi,

One of my colleagues needed RCMP from India. He emailed to Edmonton Police at Security.Clearance@edmontonpolice.ca for instructions and he successfully managed it, although someone in our office had to go personally to collect the RCMP clearance from their office.

Edmonton police does not use Xpresspost or courier to mail the documents and the one they send by regular post got lost in transit and never reached my colleague's address in India.

Depending on which city you worked while in Canada you can look up the relevant email address for RCMP.

Hope this helps.

AJMJ

Feb 11, 2015
Hi,
Some info I gathered is below. But need some expert to guide which steps to follow. I am in Chandigarh , India:
1. Go to local police station and get the finger prints in front of them and certified from local police.
2. Find a Canadaian RCMP accrediated agency and submit this to them to convert these to electronic finger prints and they will submit to RCMP. I searched on internet and XL-Id charges 120 CAD (certificate) plus 75 (courier)
3. Once done they will mail back the certificate to you.
4. Submit this certificate to CIC.

Please share your findings on this.

RISH427

Mar 30, 2015
Hey All,

Quick update, I got my RCMP certificate (sitting here in India) in 15 days :)

If anyone needs any input on this, plz let me know.

gurnim

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
hi RISH427 hw did u get rcmp in 15 days while u were in india...and frm where did u get it..pls share,,thanks

RISH427

Mar 30, 2015
Hello Vinay/Gurnimrat...

Here's what i followed :

1. http://canadianlegal.org/calgary-fingerprinting/ink-to-digital-conversion/ < The charges are 78.75$, but you can ask for a 5$ off as given on their Facebook page>
2. Sent an email to debbie@canadianlegal.org & told her that I want to get the fingerprint conversion done. She will guide you more for your queries.

They are certified agency to process fingerprints digitally & transmit to RCMP.
You have to send them the form C216C with your fingerprints + some more documents like Card Scan form etc (mentioned in KIT)

2. Downloaded the instructions document given on the page.

3. Took prints >> went to Commisioner office here in Hyderabad >> they took the fingerprints on C216C form (Its a special procedure which is not done in local police stations, you have to go to fingerprinting cell of police, which is generally in Commissioner's Office)

After they take the fingerprints they have to sign the C216C form + one more form given in the instructions kit above.
Docs to be carried : passport/2 photos/C216C form/other forms from Kit/ local address proof/ photo ID.

You are done here with Indian Process. Its a 2 day process.

Now, you can courier the documents to Canada or the address given by Debbie.
Once they receive courier & payment, they process the digitization of fingerprints that day only & transmit to RCMP.

My fingerprints were submitted to RCMP on 15th April & I got the certificate on 27th April by Canada Post.
So it was a quick process.

Points to be noted :

1. Its upon you whether you want RCMP to send the results to the Agent or directly to you. <I opted to send directly to me which proved correct & I saved 70$ (courier from Canada to India) here, RCMP sent the document by Canada Post & to my surprise, that was delivered in 7 Days to Hyderabad>.
You have to mention in the forms given.

2. RCMP doesn't charge anything if you need the certificate for PR purpose. So you just need to pay for digitization of your fingerprints to the agent which is 73$

3. Once you complete the fingerprinting on paper in India i.e. C216C form + other forms, you can send the scanned copy to Debbie for confirmation to ensure the documentation is correct. Then you can send courier to Canada...

4. Prefer Fedex for sending courier..they do home pick up also..It costed me 2950 INR.

If you still have doubts, plz send me a message.

Reactions: chanakyashah

RISH427

Mar 30, 2015
Total days taken :

1. Fingerprinting @ Commissioner's office : 2 days
2. Courier to Canada : 4 days to reach
3. Submission to RCMP : 15th Apr
4. Received RCMP certificate in Hyd, India : 27th Apr.

I am not considering courier timelines, as they are standard....completed procedure in 2+10 = 12 days.

ikrprodigy

Dec 28, 2022
Total days taken :

1. Fingerprinting @ Commissioner's office : 2 days
2. Courier to Canada : 4 days to reach
3. Submission to RCMP : 15th Apr
4. Received RCMP certificate in Hyd, India : 27th Apr.

I am not considering courier timelines, as they are standard....completed procedure in 2+10 = 12 days.
Hi after submitting digital finger print to rcmp I got dcn number ..when I expect the hard copy in India hyderabad... is there any tracking number or any confirmation they distance pcc I email call but there is no response from rcmp