+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone! I submitted my application online on the PR portal for my parents sponsorship on 16 Nov 2021. Is there a way to see what stage my application is at? If I login to the portal, it only shows the application was submitted on the said date and that's it. No way to view the details. Anyone who may have been able to find the processing details, can you share?
Check ECAS status(Client Application Status) with your UCI number. You might find information there if your file is in the system.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

Last edited:

kenyk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi Members,

Hope you keeping well. I just wanted to know if any has any update with their application for people who was requested to resend 5406 form.

Regards,
KenyK

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi Members,

Hope you keeping well. I just wanted to know if any has any update with their application for people who was requested to resend 5406 form.

Regards,
KenyK
Yes, I received ghost email after i resubmit 5406 and next I was able to link to GC key and recetly on March 17 Option C was requested for 2018,2019,and 2020.

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Hello Anne,
I am on the same boat as you. My parents are currently in India and today i received an email for the police clearance. My parents are on super visa and they stayed in Canada for 2 years so basically we need to apply for PCC from Canada too. I just spoke with RCMP officer and the process they advised is too long and complicate. Can you please suggest if you went through a process of getting PCC from Canada for your parents?.
Take a look at this thread, it might help - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-get-rcmp-from-india.277371/

simmi06

Oct 5, 2021
Hi Everyone.. Has anyone applied for H & C application for single parent or having an information regarding this. I will really appreciate your assistance. Thank you

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Is there any way to contact IRCC about the progress of the file? I mean I understand that this process is way too long, but I applied on Nov 25th so its been 6months already and haven't received anything. I simply want to know if they have my file and documents are correct.

With F12 trick I can see the person assigned to my file but looks like he/she haven't even started anything on it. Having 6 months and still waiting on for any communication is too much to expect.

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi Everyone, anyone from November waiting for a update. I have applied for my parents on November 26th and after that there is no update.
Why does Processing time on CIC website show 32 months?
hi there, on the same boat. I applied on Nov 21,2021. No update after that. I have seen few people got ghost emails and some also got medicals. But nothing for me yet.

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Is there any way to contact IRCC about the progress of the file? I mean I understand that this process is way too long, but I applied on Nov 25th so its been 6months already and haven't received anything. I simply want to know if they have my file and documents are correct.

With F12 trick I can see the person assigned to my file but looks like he/she haven't even started anything on it. Having 6 months and still waiting on for any communication is too much to expect.
Whats the F12 trick.? I have applied on Nov 21 and no update yet. How to use this trick.

kirantejoday

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
26-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30.03.2015 And 3 rd line update on 08.04.2015
Passport Req..
28.05.2015 and DM on also 28.05.2015
VISA ISSUED...
passport submitted on 3 June and received on 13 June
LANDED..........
Landed in Canada OCT 2015
Hello,
I applied for family sponsorship in Oct 21, and now the application is on a stage where i received police clearance request from cic. My parents are currently in India and the officer i spoke in Ontario said that in order to apply for local police clearance they will have to manually be present here. Can someone please share the link from RCMP where i could request for police clearance for my parents in Ontario.
Please note, my parents are currently on super visa and they stayed in Canada for a period of 2 years. They are currently in India since Nov 2019.
Hi Sanj,

You don't need any PCC for your parents stay in Canada. You can see that online .When you apply for Canada PR , your stay in canada did not need any PCC. It is part of criminal record check so if they need then they will ask you to get from RCMP.
See link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

You only need Indian PCC.

kenyk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Yes, I received ghost email after i resubmit 5406 and next I was able to link to GC key and recetly on March 17 Option C was requested for 2018,2019,and 2020.
What is your timeline? I did receive an email stating that the documents have been received after which there is no update? I guess we will need to wait and see

physioyadav13

Oct 3, 2014
Hello,
I applied for family sponsorship in Oct 21, and now the application is on a stage where i received police clearance request from cic. My parents are currently in India and the officer i spoke in Ontario said that in order to apply for local police clearance they will have to manually be present here. Can someone please share the link from RCMP where i could request for police clearance for my parents in Ontario.
Please note, my parents are currently on super visa and they stayed in Canada for a period of 2 years. They are currently in India since Nov 2019.
Hi,
Have you received separate email for PCC after Medical?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone.. Has anyone applied for H & C application for single parent or having an information regarding this. I will really appreciate your assistance. Thank you
H&C program is not just for those who have not been lucky enough to get selected for PGP. Just being a single parent is usually not enough to get approved or else a very large number of people would apply. You need strong H&C reasons. Unfortunately parent sponsorship is not guaranteed especially after just 3 years. It usually takes people many years to get selected.