+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

dawood42

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Members, I received an email today with pdf which says below stuff.I submitted IMM5768 with my original application with consent to contact CRA. Do I need to submit this form again? Anyone received similar email? it says ‘if not already included with your application’. so i am assuming i don't have to submit again.But just need your opinion on this. Thanks

Dear xxxxx :
This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):
Xxxxxxx
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your application.
OR
o Ifyouselected“No”totheStatementofConsentonthisformthenyouwouldneedto provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account. The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA.

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Did you got sponsorship approval or AOR ?
Both are different.
As I mentioned earlier, I received an AOR.

It is identical to what Dawood above mentions. It says to submit the IMM5768 if not already submitted with the application. Since I already included in the application, I won't be submitting it again.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
I received a correspondence from IRCC today and it says AOR on the subject. But they are also saying I need to send them evaluation for financial info, at the same time they wrote “…if you already gave consent to get it from CRA…blah blah” I already gave them everything they ask for, both SIN no and authorization to contact CRA. It almost as if it’s a generic letter they send when they send the AOR.

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Hello Members, I received an email today with pdf which says below stuff.I submitted IMM5768 with my original application with consent to contact CRA. Do I need to submit this form again? Anyone received similar email? it says ‘if not already included with your application’. so i am assuming i don't have to submit again.But just need your opinion on this. Thanks

Dear xxxxx :
This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):
Xxxxxxx
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your application.
OR
o Ifyouselected“No”totheStatementofConsentonthisformthenyouwouldneedto provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account. The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA.
I too received same letter, and I believe we don't have to do anything if we have already submitted documents earlier. It says "In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:" . Sounds like a general message to submit document if not uploaded earlier, so that when they start evaluating sponsorship eligibility, they don't have to ask for it , causing wait and delay.

Sruraja

Feb 4, 2022

Dear xxxxx :
Xxxxxxx
OR
I got it today as well. It doesn’t mention an email to send the documents but it says put the subject line as so and so

nks1989

May 7, 2015

Dear xxxxx :
Xxxxxxx
OR
I got same email yesterday for my parents

Hommy

Mar 26, 2022
you can print from online CRA Account for last two years. Option C name as Proof of income on CRA website. But actualy IRCC request for last three years so 2018,2019 and 2020.

I got request on March 17 from IRCC for option C print out for 2018,2019 and 2020.
I also got the same for option c for my parents, I asked cra the same day to send it to my address, you can’t get it directly online from your account as it says in the email that u have to ask Cra to send original option c and not the one that u can print it online.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
I also got the same for option c for my parents, I asked cra the same day to send it to my address, you can’t get it directly online from your account as it says in the email that u have to ask Cra to send original option c and not the one that u can print it online.
Didn’t you give IRCC the authorization to get these infos from CRA?

ahwa

Mar 26, 2022
Hello,

How can I get Option C proof of statement? Online and automated phone line provides option for 2020 and 2019 proof of statement only.

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hello,

How can I get Option C proof of statement? Online and automated phone line provides option for 2020 and 2019 proof of statement only.

Call our automated line to get a proof of income statement mailed to you.

Before you call
To verify your identity, you'll need

• Social Insurance Number
  • Full name and date of birth
  • Your complete address
  • Line 150 from your most recent assessment
If you are calling the CRA on behalf of someone else, you must be an authorized representative

Telephone number
1-800-267-6999

Reactions: ICE85

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hi Everyone, I got the biometrics request for my parents a few days ago and today I received the letter saying I've met the eligibility requirements as a sponsor.

In the letter, it says to submit a Police Certificate. Has anyone done this?

Do we get a copy of this and upload it in the GC portal directly or will IRCC send separate instructions for this like for the biometrics/medical exam?
You can send the PCC by webform or by email thats included in your letter of approval.

ahwa

Mar 26, 2022
Call our automated line to get a proof of income statement mailed to you.

Before you call
To verify your identity, you'll need

• Social Insurance Number
  • Full name and date of birth
  • Your complete address
  • Line 150 from your most recent assessment
If you are calling the CRA on behalf of someone else, you must be an authorized representative

Telephone number
1-800-267-6999
Thank you Anne. The automated telephone line does not give option to get 2018 proof of statement. It only gives option for 2021,2020 and 2019. How can I get 2018 proof of income?

Reactions: Chintan.patel

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Thank you Anne. The automated telephone line does not give option to get 2018 proof of statement. It only gives option for 2021,2020 and 2019. How can I get 2018 proof of income?
Hi I managed to get my 2018, 2019 and 2020 with the automated number.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bimpsy_7