+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

stillhoping

Aug 1, 2017
I am an Oct 19th applicant and have no ghost email, document request, any update since I submitted.. I know there are few like me, are you guys planning to do anything like webform, calls, etc.,?
I tried their webforms.. It's just a waste of time.. they asked for information again and then the response was to check status online, which I can't..

Mar 27, 2022
Hi Guys,
I am a sponsor for PG 2021 program and just joined this forum today. Been reading through the messages and have some question.
I am a bit confused with the various terms I have seen in the forum messages such as Ghost email / IRCC / GC Linked /ECAS etc and will appreciate any guidance as I am a bit confused why there are so many different sites and which one to really use to know latest application status.

Here is my status:

PGP-2021
Sept 27, 2021 - Received initial letter advising I am shortlisted for 2021 program
Nov 27, 2021 Submitted (PR Portal - https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login)
Feb 17, 2021 Ghost email : PR Portal (PR application) - Your application status has been updated. However when I logged into the portal, I didnt see any change other than application submitted.
Mar 25, 2022 - Received letter confirming that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. Also it had a strange note in it -
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.

Questions
This is strange since I had submitted IMM 5768 when I submitted the application on Nov 27. Not sure what to do now :-(

IRCC Acc Linked - I created an IRCC account on my own today and also created a GCKey today but unable to link my mother's sponsorship application as the search isn't able to retrieve it. Do I need to wait for it to be automatically link it OR wait for some more time before I can link it Or maybe I am not searching correctly ?

IRCC / GC Key - What is the benefit to linking my mother's application to my IRCC account? Show case status / updates real time ?

ECAS (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do) - Does this provide any different results of an application in progress than viewing it by linking application to IRCC account . Anyway ECAS also didn't retrieve application status results.

As I saw significant updates on forum messages with IRCC / ECAS / GC Linked etc, wondering if these are system driven & I should just wait for these updates to happen as my sponsorship application progresses ?
Thanks for your help,
Don

Mar 27, 2022
This is the F12 trick shared by a member:

“Open a chrome tab>press F12>you will see some pane opening up on the right>click Network in that pane>then click Fetch/Xhr

now go to https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/ then sign in and click view application

on the right click on "cases?phase" > then click Preview on in its right

you will see information similar to the image here (https://ibb.co/3BqHJn4).”
Thanks for sharing the neat trick using F12. However the link to the page showing the image doesn't work. Can you re-post please ? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what next if sponsor eligibility fails due to few dollars difference in one of the year MNI requirement ?
Usually you get denied. How much are you missing and for what years? Some taxable income also doesn’t count towards LICO as well like EI for unemployment although believe it counted for 2020.

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hi All,

On May 01, It will be 6 months since I have submitted the application for my parents. I have not received any correspondence from IRCC.

Is this normal for some applications? It appears that my file is untouched. Any suggestions on if I should do anything from my side which might help?

Jasmeet0101

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Hello Team,

I got the request on Mar 25th asking asking me to submit the income proofs. Well they did not asked, they said if you have not submitted the form, then submit it again or print the proof of income via option C and all. I read the older posts. so if i call CRA and go for option C. How long does CRA takes to send the stuff? And is there any deadline to submit this? as nothing is mentioned in letter.

Thanks in advance

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi All,

On May 01, It will be 6 months since I have submitted the application for my parents. I have not received any correspondence from IRCC.

Is this normal for some applications? It appears that my file is untouched. Any suggestions on if I should do anything from my side which might help?
Same case with me. I have submitted Mid Nov and no update since

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hello Team,

I got the request on Mar 25th asking asking me to submit the income proofs. Well they did not asked, they said if you have not submitted the form, then submit it again or print the proof of income via option C and all. I read the older posts. so if i call CRA and go for option C. How long does CRA takes to send the stuff? And is there any deadline to submit this? as nothing is mentioned in letter.

Thanks in advance
I got request on March 17 to submit option C for 2018,2019 and 2020 in within 30 days.
I submitted on same day March 17 and I got another letter March 25 stating that submit IMM 5768 if not already included in application. The letter don't have any deadline. But for safe side I submitted yesterday through web form.
I don't understand even though I gave authoristion to IRCC to contact CRA but still they request the document.
CRA will send you the document in three weeks.

Last edited:

Jasmeet0101

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
I got request on March 17 to submit option C for 2018,2019 and 2020 in within 30 days.
I submitted on same day March 17 and I got another letter March 25 stating that submit IMM 5768 if not already included in application. The letter don't have any deadline. But for safe side I submitted yesterday through web form.
I don't understand even though I gave authoristion to IRCC to contact CRA but still they request the document.

Hello,
Same here i have submitted the IMM 5768 along, the application, And in letter they have said : In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible

So should i submit it again? Suggestions?

Thanks

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hello,
Same here i have submitted the IMM 5768 along, the application, And in letter they have said : In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible

So should i submit it again? Suggestions?

Thanks
I resubmit through web form.

shannu

Aug 13, 2012
Awesome, congratulations! Did you try F12 trick? Did you not hear anything and just heard MR?
Hi

Submitted : NOV 19, 2021
Email received on Jan 25, 2022 stating that your permanent residency status has been updated on your IRCC permanent resident portal accout

Then
March 22: Medical request with instructions
March 25: stating.. You are eligible sponser
And submiited the documnets if you havnt done before
There is a list of documents including PCC
I have submiited all except PCC

Reactions: Bimpsy_7