+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Whitebest

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
Please, could someone clarify this for me. Is yellow fever vaccination mandaotory for visitors or PR holders. Is one expected to be vaccinated before entering Canada.

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Please, could someone clarify this for me. Is yellow fever vaccination mandaotory for visitors or PR holders. Is one expected to be vaccinated before entering Canada.
I have not heard that they check any vaccination status like yellow card that has list of all vaccinations at the time of entry.

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi Guys

My parents PR application was submitted on Nov 21, 2021 and it's still in progress, the latest status being Medical(Mom has to go through multiple checkups for TB) passed on May 8, 2023. I see two things in progress when logged with GCkey.

1. under Review of Eligibility
  • we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
2. under Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

what is the wait time I should be looking from now?
and secondly I haven't updated change in my family state yet, as I was blessed with Twins 6 months ago. Does it have any negative repercussions?

Someone please help. Thanks in advance.

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Nope, I don't think there is any such check done for entry in Canada. My parents landed last month, no yellow card requeseted.

ziffyasif

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Ghaziabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2174 - Software Game Developer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017
Nomination.....
04-12-2016
Hi Guys

My parents PR application was submitted on Nov 21, 2021 and it's still in progress, the latest status being Medical(Mom has to go through multiple checkups for TB) passed on May 8, 2023. I see two things in progress when logged with GCkey.

2. under Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

and secondly I haven't updated change in my family state yet, as I was blessed with Twins 6 months ago. Does it have any negative repercussions?

Hi,

I father in law had a similar experience. Multiple tests for TB. He passed his medicals on 5-May-23. He got his PPR on 24-May-23 along with a form that he needs to get another test done once he lands here within 30 days.

under Review of Eligibility, background check and under Final Decision are still in progress

Regards

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hello members,

I have not received any update on my parents file lately. last update was sponsor approval in September 2022. File submitted on 1 oct 2021. Anyone else with same timelines? I am not sure if there is anything i could do from my side ?

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hello members,

I have not received any update on my parents file lately. last update was sponsor approval in September 2022. File submitted on 1 oct 2021. Anyone else with same timelines? I am not sure if there is anything i could do from my side ?
There is absolutely nothing you can do beside to wait patiently.

Reactions: Mayamy

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi Guys

2. under Final decision

Congratulations on your twins but not sure why you did not update IRCC with change in your family status. In all communicatons from IRCC it says that anytime there is a change in a family, you would need to update IRCC. If I was you, I would have updated.

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Congratulations on your twins but not sure why you did not update IRCC with change in your family status. In all communicatons from IRCC it says that anytime there is a change in a family, you would need to update IRCC. If I was you, I would have updated.
Its a long story, Kids born premature and were in hospital for first 3 months, Wife had multiple surgeries and all of us were in the hospital for most of the time and I didn't realize I have to update CIC on my (sponsor's)n status also. As I have received eligibility letter already.

Anyways I have sent the webform now with change in family status.

Last edited:

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hello members,

Hey Can you share your processing office?

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Its a long story, Kids born premature and were in hospital for first 3 months, Wife had multiple surgeries and all of us were in the hospital for most of the time and I didn't realize I have to update CIC on my (sponsor's)n status also. As I have received eligibility letter already.

Anyways I have sent the webform now with change in family status.
Sorry to hear about your struggles but glad that you have notified IRCC via webform. Good luck with your journey and hoping everyone stays healthy in your family.

JUNB

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
I received a Pre-Arrival Services Letter thru email today and would like to ask if it is mandatory to attend the pre-arrival seminar before departing to Canada or maybe I could attend the pre-arrival seminar after I arrive with my wife in Canada. Any comment will be highly appreciated. thank you