+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Application is at the very last stage, can my father request to withdraw his dependant now? The dependant does not want to stay in Canada.

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
So my parents are traveling to India from their current country of residence (Tanzania), and they will be going back to Tanzania in early January. Do I need to update IRCC of this change? If they get PPR, can they do it from VFS India? (their biometrics were done at VFS Dar-Es-Salaam).

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Application is at the very last stage, can my father request to withdraw his dependant now? The dependant does not want to stay in Canada.
I don't think you can remove a dependent from the application because the dependent has some police/security check issue.
He can be changed to non-accompanying. But everyone needs to pass the medical and police check before the application can be approved.

You may want to consult with an immigration lawyer. If your brother is close to become an adult (over 22 now vs when the application was submitted), maybe the case officer will accept removing him from the application. I haven't seen any cases like this before.

Reactions: sababx

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
You are right.

He is 22 now, and he wont even move to Canada because he resides in US. We tried for him just as a back up. However, when we got called for Police Clearance, he mentioned he had a charge against him (which has been solved). However, on his PCC it says he has been charged. On the application itself, my dad mentioned there was no conviction as he never told us. Hence we are unsure, we definitely do not want to jeopardize my parents process. Thinking what to do!

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
I don't think you can remove a dependent from the application because the dependent has some police/security check issue.
He can be changed to non-accompanying. But everyone needs to pass the medical and police check before the application can be approved.

You may want to consult with an immigration lawyer. If your brother is close to become an adult (over 22 now vs when the application was submitted), maybe the case officer will accept removing him from the application. I haven't seen any cases like this before.
But like you said, we can do an eform and make him non-accompanying? Does it work that way?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
But like you said, we can do an eform and make him non-accompanying? Does it work that way?
All non-accompanying dependents will still need to pass medical, police and security check. Unless they let you to exclude him from the sponsorship application. It happens some time for dependents that cannot be located or for divorced spouse that won't allow medical exams for the children and PA do not have custody.

I am not sure if they will allow it in this case. Since he is available but he may not pass (or takes time) to pass some of the checks.

Reactions: sababx

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
All non-accompanying dependents will still need to pass medical, police and security check. Unless they let you to exclude him from the sponsorship application. It happens some time for dependents that cannot be located or for divorced spouse that won't allow medical exams for the children and PA do not have custody.

I am not sure if they will allow it in this case. Since he is available but he may not pass (or takes time) to pass some of the checks.
So how does it work? Lets say we do include him and now his police clearance says crime committed. But during the application we put in "no" because we never asked him and he never told us. Should we include an explanation letter for this? What if they reject my parents now?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So how does it work? Lets say we do include him and now his police clearance says crime committed. But during the application we put in "no" because we never asked him and he never told us. Should we include an explanation letter for this? What if they reject my parents now?
I think others have already suggested you to consult a lawyer.
If he has been convicted a crime and was hiding it in the IRCC application, that's considered misrepresentation. (could result in a 5 year band from entering Canada)
It will affect not only him but everyone in this application. Take is seriously.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hi Guys,
I applied for my parents last year in Dec.
So far I've received a ghost email on Feb 2022
and a Sponsor Approval Letter on May 2022 . This email also indicated my change of office from Mississauga to Vancouver.

Nothing after that.

Does someone has a same timeline as my parents?

Since my parents have super visa, their biometric is still eligible. That has been updated in the file
I have no progress on my file after email received that states my file have need moved from Missisauga to Vancouver

Reactions: bilalsaeed

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
my file was transferred from Mississauga to Vancouver a couple months ago and they said it's based on the country of my parents. knowing Mississauga is much more efficient, I guess there are preferred countries that are kept there and the rest get sent to Vancouver.
mine file transferred to Vancouver from Missisauga and no updates than after

CanSpo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hi Guys,
I applied for my parents last year in Dec.
So far I've received a ghost email on Feb 2022
and a Sponsor Approval Letter on May 2022 . This email also indicated my change of office from Mississauga to Vancouver.

Nothing after that.

Does someone has a same timeline as my parents?

Since my parents have super visa, their biometric is still eligible. That has been updated in the file
Same timeline no update after transfer to Vancouver in May.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Good Morning All,
I received an information letter this morning after Pre-arrival on 2nd Nov - The letter says below:

Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates. The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our CPC Mississauga office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
- Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
- Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
- Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
- Change in health;
- You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
- Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada. In addition, failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

Since none of the circumstances in STEP 1 applies, can someone please let me know if I need to send any response to CIC or this is just a formal process? When can I expect PPR/COPR.

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

Reactions: jayuthaker

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hey folks,
I am a PGP 2022 applicant and this is just to pre-empt any additional documents that IRCC might request.
I applied for my parents and submitted my birth certificate. I don't have my voter id or aadhar card and cannot get one as I am a Canadian citizen.

Just want to get an idea if voter id or aadhar card from sponsor or parent's side might be requested by IRCC in future?

As I don't have aadhar card or voter id, what will be the alternative for me?