+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

swapnali85

Jan 31, 2022
I have received request letter from IRCC to do Police Certificate for my parents from India (back home). The letter also states

Fingerprints: A set of original fingerprints. This must be received at this office by:YYYY/MM/DD.

What does this mean? We have already provided biometrics in August and same are visible on gckey portal. Can someone help me understand?

gijoe

Sep 27, 2021
I am also in the same situation and i attached the letter of explanation with my driver's license to prove my new address do you think they will accept it or will i also get the email like you ? :/ i am worried now after looking at this post :/
We just got biometrics request today so it looks like they got what they needed, it just takes time.

Reactions: dpatel08

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
"Your primary residential address must be in Canada when you submit your application and until we make a decision on your application."
on this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html
how about this one then
you cant sponsor your parents or grand parents if : ( in bold also just in case ...)
you won’t live in Canada when you apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents and/or when your parents and grandparents become permanent residents .

so what happened to the period in between ... can we say ,you have to be here when you apply and you have to be here when they are accepted ,and in between the 3 to 5 years period of processing we are not asking you to stay in the prison of the province ...

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
how about this one then
you cant sponsor your parents or grand parents if : ( in bold also just in case ...)
you won’t live in Canada when you apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents and/or when your parents and grandparents become permanent residents .

so what happened to the period in between ... can we say ,you have to be here when you apply and you have to be here when they are accepted ,and in between the 3 to 5 years period of processing we are not asking you to stay in the prison of the province ...
what is your advice to OP? This is the question:
If i move to any other country for instance will my parents still be able to come? Or will it change

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
what is your advice to OP? This is the question:
lets tel a story ... he traveled and while traveling he received an email stating that he is eligible to sponsor, he applied while he was abroad online ,although he was abroad and stayed for 5 month ,his status in Canada was a resident and meanwhile he didnt carry any other residency ( only an example of a case ,so is he legally a resident of Canada ( in principle yes ...) he came back to Canada ( again lets say...) worked a bit things didnt go well and then had to work abroad three years passed by ,application accepted conditional of him providing proof that he will be living in Canada ,a house a family, a contract of work or a business all the good reason to say im staying and providing for the family ( if he can prove it ...again an example ) meanwhile all income should be reported in CRA ,so taxed accordingly as a Canadian citizen living abroad ( Canadian citizen and most probably not a permanent resident why because ...most probably the best condition might ...might go as an advantage for citizens versus permanent residence ) you cannot force a Canadian citizen to be stuck waiting for our beloved case officers until they have time to look over our files while the federal government doesn't have enough employees ( ...and even if they did ) , nor answer your calls nor respond to your emails ( even if they do...),the people ..the Citizens by law cannot be restraint while the file is under the processing flag . but is obliged to prove his status ...only until they arrive ...after that ...its a different bedtime story ...because his duty is financial...and if its financial it doesnt matter if the money is coming from a province ,a country or a different continent ,and the only legal default will be in that case ,is being liable legally and he needs to reimburse the government each penny that was paid in case he didnt provide them with it . and that will be the only default that he will be facing ,because his obligation is not a physical presence but a financial one ( maybe ..perhaps..) not an advice ...not even a thought ...its a bed time story

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
how about this one then

I think the word "until" has only one meaning in the English language.
"...until we make a decision on your application." is quite clear when thinking about the period in between. If you are not convinced, there's nothing more that can be said. Hopefully, OP will make the right decision.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
I think the word "until" has only one meaning in the English language.
"...until we make a decision on your application." is quite clear when thinking about the period in between. If you are not convinced, there's nothing more that can be said. Hopefully, OP will make the right decision.
english is also clear also in the sentence that i sent and that is coming from IRCC ,and for sure we all hope that every single person trying to start ,process or finalise an application will succeed .

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
english is also clear also in the sentence that i sent and that is coming from IRCC ,and for sure we all hope that every single person trying to start ,process or finalise an application will succeed .
You asked about the "in between" and IRCC answers in the line right below the one you are talking about. They used the word "until" in the line below it for the purpose of clarification. If you choose to ignore it, then be prepared for any consequences that may arise.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
lets tel a story ... he traveled and while traveling he received an email stating that he is eligible to sponsor, he applied while he was abroad online ,although he was abroad and stayed for 5 month ,his status in Canada was a resident and meanwhile he didnt carry any other residency ( only an example of a case ,so is he legally a resident of Canada ( in principle yes ...) he came back to Canada ( again lets say...) worked a bit things didnt go well and then had to work abroad three years passed by ,application accepted conditional of him providing proof that he will be living in Canada ,a house a family, a contract of work or a business all the good reason to say im staying and providing for the family ( if he can prove it ...again an example ) meanwhile all income should be reported in CRA ,so taxed accordingly as a Canadian citizen living abroad ( Canadian citizen and most probably not a permanent resident why because ...most probably the best condition might ...might go as an advantage for citizens versus permanent residence ) you cannot force a Canadian citizen to be stuck waiting for our beloved case officers until they have time to look over our files while the federal government doesn't have enough employees ( ...and even if they did ) , nor answer your calls nor respond to your emails ( even if they do...),the people ..the Citizens by law cannot be restraint while the file is under the processing flag . but is obliged to prove his status ...only until they arrive ...after that ...its a different bedtime story ...because his duty is financial...and if its financial it doesnt matter if the money is coming from a province ,a country or a different continent ,and the only legal default will be in that case ,is being liable legally and he needs to reimburse the government each penny that was paid in case he didnt provide them with it . and that will be the only default that he will be facing ,because his obligation is not a physical presence but a financial one ( maybe ..perhaps..) not an advice ...not even a thought ...its a bed time story
I hear you clearly and see you are more than eager to discuss this topic further (in multiple thread already). It's an open forum and people can say whatever they want. but may I suggest you open another thread to discussion the definition of "residency" in the eye of IRCC. OP might think you are advising him/her to travel freely for as long as s/he wants. If OP comes back later with a procedural fairness letter for the PGP application and has the need to engage a costly lawyer to solve the issue, you can't simply tell him/her "not an advice ...not even a thought ...its a bed time story". (Sincerely hope that will never happen.)

Reactions: YVR123 and hodari

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
I hear you clearly and see you are more than eager to discuss this topic further (in multiple thread already). It's an open forum and people can say whatever they want. but may I suggest you open another thread to discussion the definition of "residency" in the eye of IRCC. OP might think you are advising him/her to travel freely for as long as s/he wants. If OP comes back later with a procedural fairness letter for the PGP application and has the need to engage a costly lawyer to solve the issue, you can't simply tell him/her "not an advice ...not even a thought ...its a bed time story". (Sincerely hope that will never happen.)
lets not think on behalf of anyone in this forum , a question about where is the law in relation to anything discussed in the forum is a good exercise for people to understand that personal opinion is something and following guidlines and asking the right question that can give them the right answer is something else ,by assuming that there will be a PF letter is your assumption while mine is and will always be find the rule of law behind each and every question .as for the definition of Residency start the thread and for sure ill follow .