+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

homeincanada

Jul 27, 2022
Hi All,

I have a question on PPR letter. Letter only mentions my father's UCI and name but does not mention any details of my mother, who is dependent in this case. Can anyone clarify if this is normal, or I should wait till my mother also receive letter for PPR?

Thanks in advance.
It’s normal hence you can proceed for both with the same letter.

NaikNaman

Jan 30, 2018
Yes. there will only be one letter to cover PA and all dependants.
See that is what I am confused about. In the letter I received, there is no details of dependents. It has only primary applicants UCI and Name. So now it brings to the same point that can both PA and Dep submit passport based on the letter, which only contains PA's details?

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
See that is what I am confused about. In the letter I received, there is no details of dependents. It has only primary applicants UCI and Name. So now it brings to the same point that can both PA and Dep submit passport based on the letter, which only contains PA's details?
Yes. I submitted 2 passports with one letter, in one package, as requested by local VFS.
Ask your local VFS. AFAIK, vfs in India would want a separate package for each passport. Some VFS will further need consent forms to be signed. It is not about IRCC. IRCC only needs to see one letter for each application, not each applicant. It's only logistics.

SandyShar

Nov 29, 2021
Hi SandyShar,
I provided Aadhaar cards, passport, all the marksheets I had and added the explanation letter explaining that we don't have voter id and providing other documents which can prove the relationships.
Thanks for the info!
What is the status of your application now?

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi everyone!

Question - Applied for my parents + my 2 brothers. Parents and one brother lives in Bangladesh, the other brother lives in US. Medical request received, parents already have done it and submitted, brother in US will be doing it this week. When the time for PPR comes, how does it work? Can my brother submit his passport from US and my parents from Bangladesh?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, Today I call IRCC to review my PGP sponsorship for which I was told that I am not eligible to sponsor because of a difference of $1012.00 in 2018 income for 5 family. The immigration officer said there is nothing she can do since I did not meet the MNI for 2018, that I have to wait to apply in 2023. I asked her why 2023, she said I cannot apply this year if the program opens that I have to wait for one year before I can reapply again else I will be refused. That did not settle well with me. so I want to ask here is this really through, or has anyone been told the same information before
I think today's annoucement explains it.

They will be drawing from the same pool in 2020. Since yours was drawn, it won't be picked again.

Good luck in 2023.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred200a

hdlgallen

Mar 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
12-05-2014
Hello all,

I just got a medical request for my parents PGP application.

But I only got one request for my monther. Should I get one for my father as well? Anyone has experience with this? I am wondering if my father can do an upfront medical exam ?

Thank you.

anees28991

Jun 30, 2022
Hi everyone, I applied to sponsor my mother and brother as my mother’s dependant.
my father passed away in 2020.
I made application in Nov 2021 considering family size as 3 (me, my mother and my brother)
Do CIC consider my father when counting size of family for 2018,2019 and 2020?Haven’t got approval letter yet

Last edited:

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I applied to sponsor my mother and brother as my mother’s dependant.
my father passed away in 2020.
I made application in Nov 2021 considering family size as 3 (me, my mother and my brother)
Do CIC consider my father when counting size of family for 2018,2019 and 2020?Haven’t got approval letter yet
No, Your father won't count because you did not filed him in your application.

swapnali85

Jan 31, 2022
Hello all,

I just got a medical request for my parents PGP application.

But I only got one request for my monther. Should I get one for my father as well? Anyone has experience with this? I am wondering if my father can do an upfront medical exam ?

Thank you.
You should get medical request letter for primary applicant and all dependents separately.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7