+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hello Folks,
I applied for my mother last year and today got an email stating that her information is not the same as in invitation letter. Exact wording goes like "" The information provided in your sponsorship application is not the same information as that of the person invited by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to submit an application. Therefore, your application does not meet the requirements for processing. The following information cannot be validated as the same: - Status Document The Status Document on the application you submitted is""

And there is document #starting with AB..... is provided. Which I have no idea what that documents is... Can any one help understand what I did wrong and what needs to be done in this case?
They also asked for 2 additional documents like death certificate of my dad and more details of my siblings which is not difficult to provide.

Thanks.
the # starting AB is probably your interest to sponsor confirmation #. check your email in 2020 to verify.
the status document they mentioned in the email, is it your mother's or yours? since we didn't submit any ID for our parents in the interest to sponsor form, this request most probably was raised because your situation changed (sponsor), rather than your mother's (applicants, unless you submitted the wrong spelling of her name). Sponsor's name change, status change (PR to citizen), address/contact change can cause this request. it's best if you have kept a copy of what you submitted in 2020 to verify.

ap79ca

Jun 28, 2022
the # starting AB is probably your interest to sponsor confirmation #. check your email in 2020 to verify.
the status document they mentioned in the email, is it your mother's or yours? since we didn't submit any ID for our parents in the interest to sponsor form, this request most probably was raised because your situation changed (sponsor), rather than your mother's (applicants, unless you submitted the wrong spelling of her name). Sponsor's name change, status change (PR to citizen), address/contact change can cause this request. it's best if you have kept a copy of what you submitted in 2020 to verify.
I checked again, Interested to sponsor form starts with IDB.... . Than I checked my mom supervisa stamped on her passport. Thats different . Than I checked another document which proves my relationship with my mother, That starts with AB--- but numbers still dont match..
So I am bit confused .
only thing that changed from the the moment I submitted my interest to sponsor to time of applying is my mother 's address as I mentioned Canadian address as she is/was in Canada at the time of sending application . Rest, my address, job ,status , income everything is same.

ashloging

Apr 4, 2014
Hi folks,

I got the following requests so far..please find the timeline below:
29 Oct 2021: Submitted the application.
30 Jan 2022: linked the application with GC key and got the application number.
1 March 2022: Biometric request for both parents.
2 March 2022: Medical request.
15 March 2022: Request for additional medical and sputum test for my dad.
10 June 2022: Medical passed.
16 June: Request for pcc, for proof of relationship between parents, asked for aadhar and voters ID card for both parents and checked if address has changed.
28 June 2022: we uploaded all documents asked.

I am wondering what is next now. Is Passport request next?

Reactions: wvo2017

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
I checked again, Interested to sponsor form starts with IDB.... . Than I checked my mom supervisa stamped on her passport. Thats different . Than I checked another document which proves my relationship with my mother, That starts with AB--- but numbers still dont match..
So I am bit confused .
only thing that changed from the the moment I submitted my interest to sponsor to time of applying is my mother 's address as I mentioned Canadian address as she is/was in Canada at the time of sending application . Rest, my address, job ,status , income everything is same.
What kind of status document you used then?
PR card, passport from your home country or Canadian passport? Certificate of citizenship? You need to provide the same status document that you provided then

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hi folks,

16 June: Request for pcc, for proof of relationship between parents, asked for aadhar and voters ID card for both parents and checked if address has changed.

Have you got the sponsor approval letter?

ap79ca

Jun 28, 2022
What kind of status document you used then?
PR card, passport from your home country or Canadian passport? Certificate of citizenship? You need to provide the same status document that you provided then
Just checked it was my passport at the time of expression of interest later I submitted my citizenship certificate.
Wow that helps.
On the contrary its same thing , a proof that I am Canadian citizen. Why make an issue out it ? Dont get it.

arvinder90

Dec 12, 2021
Received a request to submit PCC and Proof of relationship documents like Voter ID, Aadhar card and school certificates for my mother in law on June 27,2022. Letter says to submit scanned or photocopied versions. Do we need to send Notarized documents or just plain scanned copy?.

"Please send us scanned or photocopied versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned."

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Please guide
While intimating change of status from PR to Citizen in respect of sponsor, shall I attach letter of explanation along with citizen certificate.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Strangely no, I have also not got the AOR. The file number was just updated on my gckey login account once I linked the application.
I didn’t get the AOR either but got the sponsor approval letter. Maybe you can send a web form and ask about it

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Received a request to submit PCC and Proof of relationship documents like Voter ID, Aadhar card and school certificates for my mother in law on June 27,2022. Letter says to submit scanned or photocopied versions. Do we need to send Notarized documents or just plain scanned copy?.

"Please send us scanned or photocopied versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned."
I sent just scanned one.

shuangsila

Feb 23, 2015
Hi folks,

did you get sponsor approval at one point or not? I have similar timelines (bit slower than you) but haven't got the sponsor approval .

Diya_17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hope everyone is doing well. I submitted the file for my mom through IRCC portal on Dec 1, 2021. CIC requested some additional documents which we submitted on April 27, 2022 and status on IRCC portal is still showing as "Returned". We only got assigned temporary file number which starts with XF. Wondering if there is anything to do from my end? For eg: F12 trick?
Hey I am in same boat. Sent IMM 5406 on 28 April and still application status shows 'Returned". No activity so far.