+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Please Post your confirmation numbers who got invite - this will help to understand if IRCC following any sequence.
I don't think there is any real sequence... I think confirmation numbers are important and should be kept private.

The lottery should be random. And even if not random, you have no control of what confirmation number you can get. So... what is the point?

Fred200a

Feb 20, 2017
Hello Everyone, i received my letter to sponsor my parent last week Sept. 23rd.
My parents passport has expired and getting a new passport in lest and 60 days may not be possible for my country as there is a lot of backlog.
can i used the expired passport to apply for the PGS and update the application once i get the new passport? Please advice.
Thanks in advance

ApplicantCND

Jan 24, 2019
Cambridge
Category........
Hi, we just got the invitation email (parent sponsorship). Does this mean, as long as we submit a completed application, our parent is going to be accepted to permanent residence?

jentol0910

Sep 23, 2021
My parents passport has expired and getting a new passport in lest and 60 days may not be possible for my country as there is a lot of backlog.
can i used the expired passport to apply for the PGS and update the application once i get the new passport? Please advice.
Thanks in advance
we are on the same situation. I was thinking that maybe we can still submit the old passport for the requirements then update it later. Hope someone can give us clarification on this.

Reactions: Fred200a

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, we just got the invitation email (parent sponsorship). Does this mean, as long as we submit a completed application, our parent is going to be accepted to permanent residence?
No. Take a look at the application guide.
They need to pass medical, crimial and background check. IRCC will also look at the sponsor's income. (and likely RO as eligibility)

BDeN

Apr 10, 2018
Thanks in advance
hi, which country are your parents in?

Fred200a

Feb 20, 2017
we are on the same situation. I was thinking that maybe we can still submit the old passport for the requirements then update it later. Hope someone can give us clarification on this.
I did call immigration and explained the situation but the lady said they normally advice using a valid document to apply but if that is not possible you can use the expired document and include explanation why you used the expired document.
I told her in the website for PGS, Frequently ask question, there is this statement "We accept expired documents. You don’t need to renew your document to complete the interest to sponsor form or to submit your sponsorship application, if you’re invited to apply. "
I am thinking base on this we can use the expired passport to apply before the 60 days runs out

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I did call immigration and explained the situation but the lady said they normally advice using a valid document to apply but if that is not possible you can use the expired document and include explanation why you used the expired document.
I told her in the website for PGS, Frequently ask question, there is this statement "We accept expired documents. You don’t need to renew your document to complete the interest to sponsor form or to submit your sponsorship application, if you’re invited to apply. "
I am thinking base on this we can use the expired passport to apply before the 60 days runs out
That seems to be the only option. You can't really wait for the new passport. You need to get the application in before 60 days deadline.
I think explanation letter is good for most things that don't fit the norm.

azx0987

Sep 30, 2015
I am a PR (from 2018 June) in Canada and I am sponsoring my wife in India. I am hoping that she will get PR at the end of this year.

I have a question. Can I sponsor my parents through parents/grandparents sponsorship program while my spouse(wife) sponsorship application is in progress ? I heard I need to wait for 5 years. Is there anything like that ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am a PR (from 2018 June) in Canada and I am sponsoring my wife in India. I am hoping that she will get PR at the end of this year.

I have a question. Can I sponsor my parents through parents/grandparents sponsorship program while my spouse(wife) sponsorship application is in progress ? I heard I need to wait for 5 years. Is there anything like that ?
You can sponsor them all at the same time as long as your income meet the required level.

Did you get picked from the lottery?