+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

rajkalra007

Apr 10, 2017
It says “for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not” you will need to consider your wife’s brother too I think.. I filled it out only for my parents the first time. Now they have asked mine too.. I’m over 18 and not their dependent, and not accompanying them( as I am already in Canada) but still they are asking me to fill additional info form for myself. Better safe than getting this request twice like me I think
Got it... makes sense... this is what I was wondering...
Then I think ... I need to fill this form for my wife and her brother both along with my wife's mother. That means I will have to fill 5406e form... 3 times in total...

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Applied on November 21 and nothing. Should I reach out to them for a safe side? I know there are many who applied in October still waiting.

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
My parents are Indian citizens and have been living in Tanzania as temporary residents. They both have Canada's visitor visa and I am planning to bring them here for couple of months this Summer. I know they can get their biometrics, medical examination done from here. They can also get their Indian PCC done from BLS Canada. Does anyone know if they can do Tanzania PCC from here? I haven't received any update on my application, so am not sure how would I be able to notify them about their travel history update. Can they get upfront PCC done before flying here?

raraj87

Feb 15, 2015
Got it... makes sense... this is what I was wondering...
Then I think ... I need to fill this form for my wife and her brother both along with my wife's mother. That means I will have to fill 5406e form... 3 times in total...
Oh no. I just saw your response, I have already sent the email by asking my mom to fill out the form. Probably then I have to send my information too. But that doesn't make any sense, why would they mislead us by using the word dependent.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
My parents are Indian citizens and have been living in Tanzania as temporary residents. They both have Canada's visitor visa and I am planning to bring them here for couple of months this Summer. I know they can get their biometrics, medical examination done from here. They can also get their Indian PCC done from BLS Canada. Does anyone know if they can do Tanzania PCC from here? I haven't received any update on my application, so am not sure how would I be able to notify them about their travel history update. Can they get upfront PCC done before flying here?
will their stay be less than 6 months? you can send a webform to inform ircc about their travel history. Less than 6months won't result in additional police check, so I won't worry about it as long as they are back in country of residence for the passport request.

I don't have experience on PCC from Tanzania. but here is the guide:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/tanzania.html

Here is from the PGP application guide
"Police certificates are generally valid for 1 year from the date they’re issued. Depending on processing times, we may ask you for new certificates."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
whether you want to do it upfront is up to you. If it's not too much effort just do it upfront for your peace of mind.
wish your parents a pleasant journey.

Reactions: Bhaumik_Patel

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
ok so for submit status id is 7 then review for the document complete status is 10 and when biometric and medical request status id is 9.
what is status id 200

jel

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Here is my family (parents) sponsorship status & timeline, so far.

1. Application submitted via online portal is Nov 9, 2021

2. Received ghost email from cic updated the program & category (it was blank at the time of submission) - Jan 14, 2022

3. Linked application in ircc (gc key) - Feb 01, 2022
(For linking application in gc key used primary applicant first name, last name. Date of birth, passport details, place of visit in canada, no of ppl is 4)

4. Current application status is submitted both in gc and portal - Feb 02, 2022.

5. Received BioMetric request for both parents on Mar 09, 2022.

6. Received sponsorship approval letter electronically on Mar 14 2022

Hopefully this helps for others.

All the best.
Congratulations! Good for you. Submitted Nov 9th too but haven’t got any update yet.

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
will their stay be less than 6 months? you can send a webform to inform ircc about their travel history. Less than 6months won't result in additional police check, so I won't worry about it as long as they are back in country of residence for the passport request.

I don't have experience on PCC from Tanzania. but here is the guide:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/tanzania.html

Here is from the PGP application guide
"Police certificates are generally valid for 1 year from the date they’re issued. Depending on processing times, we may ask you for new certificates."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
whether you want to do it upfront is up to you. If it's not too much effort just do it upfront for your peace of mind.
wish your parents a pleasant journey.
Thanks a lot for your response! Yeah most likely I will ask them to take one right now as the processing times shows 28-30 working days. Then I can plan their visit to Canada (it'll be less than 6 months anyways so won't need another PCC).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Here is my family (parents) sponsorship status & timeline, so far.

1. Application submitted via online portal is Nov 9, 2021

2. Received ghost email from cic updated the program & category (it was blank at the time of submission) - Jan 14, 2022

3. Linked application in ircc (gc key) - Feb 01, 2022
(For linking application in gc key used primary applicant first name, last name. Date of birth, passport details, place of visit in canada, no of ppl is 4)

4. Current application status is submitted both in gc and portal - Feb 02, 2022.

5. Received BioMetric request for both parents on Mar 09, 2022.

6. Received sponsorship approval letter electronically on Mar 14 2022

Hopefully this helps for others.

All the best.
They only received sponsor approval (yoyr approval as a spobsor) not sponsorship approval. Still quite a while to go!