+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
We received the "ghost email" February 11. (Applied November 8) then we also got an email that we need to resubmit the IMM5406. We have no idea what we incomplete. So we have to fill out a form for each child (even though my mother-in-law does not have any dependents?) Her children are both now in Canada, one a citizen one PR holder.

I think we may have missed the family names in native language too. I think we had done hers nut not everyone's.

Not able to link GC key either yet.
Did the email go to the email that you had used to create the pr portal login? Just wondering if they are sending these emails to the email given to them for communication.

kijiji

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
17-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent Along with Application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
09-02-2014
Med's Done....
24-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
Hello Experts,

I applied for my parents as i got invite in Nov,2021. 3 weeks back I got an email to re-submit the forms and get them manually signed by parents and send it through the email. Status was showing as returned on the portal.

IMM 5669
IMM 5406

Its been 3 weeks we have sent those forms however status is still showing as returned, no way to track and have been trying to reach out to CIC over the phone without any luck.

I want to know anyone got the similar experience and when will the status will change to inprocess, processing or anything else from returned.
As of now that is the only way to track the application. I tried reaching out to CIC through webform as well.

rafeeq988

Jan 28, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello Experts,

I applied for my parents as i got invite in Nov,2021. 3 weeks back I got an email to re-submit the forms and get them manually signed by parents and send it through the email. Status was showing as returned on the portal.

IMM 5669
IMM 5406

Its been 3 weeks we have sent those forms however status is still showing as returned, no way to track and have been trying to reach out to CIC over the phone without any luck.

I want to know anyone got the similar experience and when will the status will change to inprocess, processing or anything else from returned.
As of now that is the only way to track the application. I tried reaching out to CIC through webform as well.
That is the case literally with everyone else. Do not worry !!

Reactions: kijiji

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
IMM5406 - Family information.

In the online portal there was section which specifies to add parents name in native language. But it seems IMM5406 also asks for name in native languages.
those are terrible instructions then. seems like a lot of people, including me, missed it.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Perhaps you could try to link it to GC key. It might work.
I did already but did not work, maybe because it was being processed from my home country. Should I update CiC of their new residential address? As they are already here in canada. Maybe through this, they can transfer the application to CPC-Missisauga.

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
I did already but did not work, maybe because it was being processed from my home country. Should I update CiC of their new residential address? As they are already here in canada. Maybe through this, they can transfer the application to CPC-Missisauga.
As far I know, after sponsorship approval, they transfer the file to home country. For updating address: you could do that once you get the application number.

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
I submitted application on 3rd dec 2021 but not update so far. It’s sitting in submitted state. Please guide me as to what should be the next couple of sequence of events that I should expect to happen? I made myself representative for my parent’s application and also requested all communication to be sent on my email and have submitted all the required documentation for it , I keep checking my email and my parent’s email but nothing so far.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I submitted application on 3rd dec 2021 but not update so far. It’s sitting in submitted state. Please guide me as to what should be the next couple of sequence of events that I should expect to happen? I made myself representative for my parent’s application and also requested all communication to be sent on my email and have submitted all the required documentation for it , I keep checking my email and my parent’s email but nothing so far.
AOR and then biometrics will be the first steps.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
BANK STATEMENT IS NOT REQUIRED AT ALL. YOU DO NOT NECESSARILLY NEED TO KEEP EMPLOYMENT AFTER YOU MEET ELIGIBILTY FOR 3 YEARS AT THE TIME OF SUBMITTING YOUR INTEREST FORM. THE ONLY CATCH IS THEY RARELY ASK FOR ANOTHER YEARS OF TAX RETURNS TO SEE IF YOU ARE STILL EMPLOYED AND MEET REQUIREMENTS. THIS HAPPENS ONLY 1% OF ALL TIMES.
@citizenshipcanada
@iammoe
This is incorrect. You should continue working and you must continue to meet LICO for your family size. Applicants are asked (not all the time) to provide proof that they keep on meeting LICO. Now that processing is often around 2 years people have been asked to provide proof more often than when processing was closer to 1 year. If you are close to minimum LICO amounts or have had a child and are on maternity leave you are more likely to be asked to prove that you still meet LICO. Given Covid unemployment there is likely to be increased request to make sure people continued to meet LICO.

Reactions: YVR123 and Bimpsy_7

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Should be sent to you as the representative.
The confirmation of submission of application was sent to my father’s email and that keeps me wondering who will receive communication. Also is there a definitive email address of ircc from which we get the communications? Thanks

huwawei0314

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
July 13, 2015
AOR Received.
August 13, 2015
File Transfer...
September 14, 2015
Med's Request
upfront - June10, 2015
Med's Done....
remed - June 10, 2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-09-2016
Hi Guys,
After submitting my PGP I applied for tourist visa for my parents. They got approved for the tourist, did their biometrics too.
My question is : Will the IRCC automatically know and connect/use the UCI from their tourist visa and biometrics to their PGP application? or do I need to let them know about that?

Reactions: Bimpsy_7