+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Is there any WhatsApp group or thread for the PGP interest to sponsor form 2022 ?
[/QUOT
Address for Correspondence:
In IMM008, there is a section where address of correspondence needs to be given. Wondering should I provide my parents address (from India) or should I give mine (in Canada). I am not sure if they send documents or anything else to this address.

Note - They also say that if an email is provided, all communication should be done via email.

So, I was wondering what would be the best option to mention the address for correspondence in the form. Any thoughts???
I would choose email over physical address, as long as the email is being monitored by you.

ccua

Oct 20, 2021
Hi, hoping someone can help me fill up IMM5768 form.
I am the sponsor and my husband will be my co signer. We have one kid and we are sponsoring my dad ( principal applicant) , my mom and my brother who is under 22 yrs old. Our total is 6 but not sure which box to put the numbers.

Is this correct?

2. you -1 (me)
3. A) current undertaking- 3 ( dad, mom , and brother)
5. Your spouse, if not included in 3. - 1 ( my husband)
6. Every other family member - 1 ( our son)
Total 6 . Please help. Thank you!

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi, hoping someone can help me fill up IMM5768 form.
I am the sponsor and my husband will be my co signer. We have one kid and we are sponsoring my dad ( principal applicant) , my mom and my brother who is under 22 yrs old. Our total is 6 but not sure which box to put the numbers.

Is this correct?

2. you -1 (me)
3. A) current undertaking- 3 ( dad, mom , and brother)
5. Your spouse, if not included in 3. - 1 ( my husband)
6. Every other family member - 1 ( our son)
Total 6 . Please help. Thank you!
Hi . It appears correct.

ennkay

Oct 20, 2021
I believe living with your mum does not translate to dependency. Except he has an obvious physical or mental condition that prevents him from working or making money. He is a family man with a source of income from your description.

Children 22 or older qualify as dependants if they

• have depended on their parents for financial support since before they were 22 and
  • can’t financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition
Thank you! :) Another question please - while filling out additional family information form - I have filled it on the behalf of my mom and updated all the information about her children, siblings etc. So, do I need to fill the form again- now as behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. ?? I mean , will there be 5 entries for 5 family members of my mom ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Mimikoms

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Wondering if it’s possible to request for an old application from cic? Anyone knows or has done this? Thanks

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Thank you! :) Another question please - while filling out additional family information form - I have filled it on the behalf of my mom and updated all the information about her children, siblings etc. So, do I need to fill the form again- now as behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. ?? I mean , will there be 5 entries for 5 family members of my mom ?
Yes, one for each family member. Family member here would be her direct children and spouse though. Not creating a form for siblings:)

Last edited:

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Thanks. Can I ask my parents to sign the forms, scan and send it to me
The principal applicants physical signature is needed in IMM1344 only. IMM5768 is for you and the co-sponsor. The accompany spouse will sign the representative form (if applicable). You can fill the IMM1344, sign and scan to your mum to sign in colored and scan back. Other signature is electronic, just typing out the Principal applicants full name

Last edited:

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Wondering if it’s possible to request for an old application from cic? Anyone knows or has done this? Thanks
Maybe if you explain what you mean. Have you applied for the Parents sponsorship before ? Or you mean the interest to sponsor form we completed last year?