+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
hi guys,

just came across this forum today! thanks for all the help that has been up here :) appreciate it..

I also have a question - I got invitation for my Mom, and I am trying to figure out the financial dependency meaning- my elder brother (married and with a kid), lives with my mom in India. Should i add him as a dependent (for financial reasons, he is kind of dependent on my mom)? Also, his kid .. should he be added as a dependent ? My brother's wife is working though.

Just a confusion! hope somebody clears it. Thanks!
I believe living with your mum does not translate to dependency. Except he has an obvious physical or mental condition that prevents him from working or making money. He is a family man with a source of income from your description.

Children 22 or older qualify as dependants if they

• have depended on their parents for financial support since before they were 22 and
  • can’t financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition

Reactions: YVR123

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Scanned signatures are acceptable or not? In the checklist, it says " You may be asked to provide an original copy of a form with the original handwritten signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary". Thanks
Two of the forms require physical signatures.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi guys,

just came across this forum today! thanks for all the help that has been up here :) appreciate it..

I also have a question - I got invitation for my Mom, and I am trying to figure out the financial dependency meaning- my elder brother (married and with a kid), lives with my mom in India. Should i add him as a dependent (for financial reasons, he is kind of dependent on my mom)? Also, his kid .. should he be added as a dependent ? My brother's wife is working though.

Just a confusion! hope somebody clears it. Thanks!
Dependants are those children under 22. If he is married with a wife and child, he is not a dependant.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi,

i forget the password for the account i created last year and i try to reset it. but i am not receiving the verification code to my email id. is there any thing i can do?
what website are you trying to access. The application link is in the invitation letter. It is different from the usual CIC portal

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
For you or the sponsored applicant? either way it is not required on the checklist. You can upload in others if you feel more comfortable
Thank you, I am also confused in filling out form 008 as I am filling out the form on behalf of my Dad who is the principal applicant. His dependants are my younger brother (6years old) and my mother. But I also have sister who is 28 years old. Should I still include my sister? Or completely remove her? As the form says “you must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents ir citizens of Canada”

Reactions: share_SK

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you, I am also confused in filling out form 008 as I am filling out the form on behalf of my Dad who is the principal applicant. His dependants are my younger brother (6years old) and my mother. But I also have sister who is 28 years old. Should I still include my sister? Or completely remove her? As the form says “you must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents ir citizens of Canada”
NOT on 008 form. That form is for dependents of the princple applicant.

But she will needed to be listed as one of the children in your dad and mom's additional family form (5406).

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOT on 008 form. That form is for dependents of the princple applicant.

But she will needed to be listed as one of the children in your dad and mom's additional family form (5406).
Got it, so I am not even to include myself right? On Form 008: only my father, mother and younger brother correct?

Reactions: YVR123
Jul 23, 2016
Address for Correspondence:
In IMM008, there is a section where address of correspondence needs to be given. Wondering should I provide my parents address (from India) or should I give mine (in Canada). I am not sure if they send documents or anything else to this address.

Note - They also say that if an email is provided, all communication should be done via email.

So, I was wondering what would be the best option to mention the address for correspondence in the form. Any thoughts???

Reactions: Bimpsy_7