+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi all,

I've been in this process since 2019 trying to sponsor my mom. Yesterday she received her biometric instruction letter. Problem is its dated August 2021 which is way over the 30 or 90 day requirement to complete.

Wondering if we should still proceed with the appointment? We have booked it but it seems futile at this point

Thanks
Delay by post office is not your problem. Just send webform to explain the situation and you'll be fine.

morinda

Feb 2, 2019
Hello @laxsun. Received sponsorship approval letter dated 03-03-2022. forwarded our file to Vancouver immigration office. Parents are from punjab, India .
One more thing we have received two letters for biometric. One is dated 27-08-2020 while other is dated 23-02-2022

Reactions: laxsun

harrygne

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh (online)
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014
Hi Forum Members,

I have a quick question regarding getting Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from India. IRCC sent us a letter requesting PCC within 30days. It is quite difficult to get a PCC within one month from India as the offices are quite busy. Any suggestion how to deal with this situation. Hope few weeks of delay after the 30days deadline will not cause in harm to our application.

Sam
Which city are you in? I got the same request and didn't get any appointment in passport office for 60 days. I directly went to the nearest police station and asked for PCC at their seva kendar. Got PCC in 2 days. Just bribe them with Rs.1000, they will ask to get the form filled and no one will visit your place.

PS: This is from Ludhiana city.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Sponsorship Application for Parents,
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 17, 2019
  • AoR Received : August 13, 2019
  • Sponsorship In Process Date: September 10, 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: September 11, 2019
  • Sponsorship Approval Letter: September 16, 2019 (CPC-Mississauga)
  • Principal Applicant In Process Date: September 10, 2019
  • Bio Metric Request Date : September 10, 2019
  • Bio Metric Completed Date: September 12, 2019
  • Medical Request Date: September 12, 2019
  • Medical Passed Date: December 31, 2019
  • Re-Medical Request Date: July 23, 2021
  • Re-Medical Passed Date: August 19, 2021
  • Pre-Arrival Service Date: February 28, 2022
  • Principal Applicant Decision Made Date:
  • Passport Request (PPR) Date: March 1, 2022
  • Decision Made: March 1, 2022
  • MyCIC Update: Sponsor: Decision Made and Principal Applicant: Decision Made
Please update the tracker @laxsun @robertp
Congratulations! Wishing your parents smooth landing!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello @laxsun. Received sponsorship approval letter dated 03-03-2022. forwarded our file to Vancouver immigration office. Parents are from punjab, India .
One more thing we have received two letters for biometric. One is dated 27-08-2020 while other is dated 23-02-2022
First case I have heard so far whose LVO is Vancouver.
Many cases have been finalized from IRCC Vancouver recently though that used to be processing in other LVOs.
Just omit the old biometric request and get it done asap.

canada116

Mar 4, 2022
Hey all. I applied to sponsor my mother in June 2019, and after almost 30 months of silence from CIC, I got a notification yesterday (March 3) that my eligibility to sponsor has been approved and the file is being moved to the Vancouver VO. I had submitted multiple requests requesting for GCMS notes, and not once did I receive them.

Curious if someone has had that big of a delay between application submission and eligibility approval. Also, thoughts on the Vancouver VO? What's a typical timeline for them to process applications (my mother is from Pakistan).

Reactions: caninfoseeker

ilovecanada11

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

So I am in a strange spot, my parents got PPR today and their medical expires in April, the letter says to send passport in 30 days. Can they issue a COPR/visa with 2-3 weeks validity? or should I ask them to extend that , is that possible?

Thanks

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hi Forum Members,

I have a quick question regarding getting Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from India. IRCC sent us a letter requesting PCC within 30days. It is quite difficult to get a PCC within one month from India as the offices are quite busy. Any suggestion how to deal with this situation. Hope few weeks of delay after the 30days deadline will not cause in harm to our application.

Sam
Book appointment at any PSK online pay Rs 500 each online & visit passport office . Within 3 weeks pcc will be issued but you have to collect from psk .Police will visit for verification at address . Process is same as passport renovation.After applying you just inform via webform with proof of appointment.Delay will be waived .

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
It only says, " MEDICAL Received on X date". No further information available since past 7 months.
On Ecase it is alright.Did you open PA account on Mycic ? Definitely there will be status of medical passed .In my case same msg on Ecase but On GCKey account showing medical passed.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hang in there buddy. If there's one thing I've learned after my 10 years of stay here is that this country never disappoints! I understand how frustrating you must be (and so are most us in PGP journey) right now. Not sure if this will make you feel any better but, it appears your PGP application is way ahead than the majority of us here. Honestly, receiving a PPR for my parents looks like a distant dream now, lol! that's how long I have been waiting. The only thing keeping me going is patience and lots of hope!

I wish you all the best in your journey ahead!
Yes dear , even waiting for pre arrival because background check not complete yet, still to receive second medical , to submit expired PCC, now they have announced that Ukraine will get preference, previously it was Afghanistan and covid , even supervisa appears distant dream (wait time 400 plus days).

Reactions: OlyaMK and Budi07