+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Have a question: what is the name of the document that need to have to declare goods and money when you do your first landing?
My parents landed in Montreal on Feb.20th, 2022. Once the plane landed they will go inside the terminal, where person will ask if they have ArriveCanada app, and then to the kiosk inside the terminal and answer questions, how many travelers, scan their passport and declare cash and goods. Once they done, kiosk will take a picture of all the travelers and will print out a form. Once this is done they can proceed to CBSA officer, he will check passports and will attach stickers to the passports back side, after this they can proceed towards the exit, next officer took them to a special room where they will fill out COPR and he will cancel the visas and stamp the date on the COPR, after this they can proceed to a COVID test provider site.

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
My parents landed in Montreal on Feb.20th, 2022. Once the plane landed they will go inside the terminal, where person will ask if they have ArriveCanada app, and then to the kiosk inside the terminal and answer questions, how many travelers, scan their passport and declare cash and goods. Once they done, kiosk will take a picture of all the travelers and will print out a form. Once this is done they can proceed to CBSA officer, he will check passports and will attach stickers to the passports back side, after this they can proceed towards the exit, next officer took them to a special room where they will fill out COPR and he will cancel the visas and stamp the date on the COPR, after this they can proceed to a COVID test provider site.
I think your parents PR for cubec.

raghav30389

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Received PPR today. All the best everyone! There is light at the end of the tunnel :)

origin: india for 1 person (mother in law)
Submitted application : june 17, 2019
1st medical : feb 2020
2nd medical : august 2021
PPR & pre-arrival services: jan 25, 2022
submitted passport: feb 3, 2022
got stamped passport back : feb 21, 2022
Congrats! I received 2nd medical request for both my parents today. Is this normal? They already sent their medical report back in Nov 2019 and everything was good. Do they still need to take this 2nd medical examination?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Have a question: what is the name of the document that need to have to declare goods and money when you do your first landing?
If your parents have goods that will be coming after their landing they can declare "GOODS TO FOLLOW LIST".

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
I received pre-arrivals services letter in October last year. Additional docs were requested in November.

No update since. If anyone in the same boat? Not sure how much longer this process will take!

RDPR

Feb 24, 2022
I've received letter to submit the parent's passports for stamping. In the letter, the Step 1 is related to Change in Circumstance, I've pasted it below. Please advise if any action is required on Step 1 mentioned below if there is no change in circumstance. Do we still need to inform via webform or email that there is no change in circumstance or just ignore and proceed with Step 2 / 3 and submit the passport to nearest VAC?

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
 Change in health;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.
Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

RDPR

Feb 24, 2022
I received pre-arrivals services letter in October last year. Additional docs were requested in November.

No update since. If anyone in the same boat? Not sure how much longer this process will take!
Did you get pre-arrival letter and passport submission letter together? I am asking because in the passport letter it's mentioned to confirm if any circumstances have changed and if so, they might have requested for additional info.

RDPR

Feb 24, 2022
Congrats! I received 2nd medical request for both my parents today. Is this normal? They already sent their medical report back in Nov 2019 and everything was good. Do they still need to take this 2nd medical examination?
Hey I got the PPR and wondering how/where to submit the passports? My closest VAC is VFS Pune, India..not sure if we need to visit in person or send via courier? Can you share some info on how you did it?

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Did you get pre-arrival letter and passport submission letter together? I am asking because in the passport letter it's mentioned to confirm if any circumstances have changed and if so, they might have requested for additional info.
No, we did not get the passport submission letter.