+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello,
My parents got their CoPR. The destination city is Montreal. Is that ok if they land at Toronto? Do they have to land at Montreal?
They can land in Toronto. If you are changing address of PR card delivery, better to do when they land there.

Last edited:

ha21

Sep 11, 2016
They can land in Toronto. If you are changing address of PR card delivery, better to do when they land there.
Thank you. They just wana stay 1 week. If I keep the address for PR card delivery as before, it still would be ok, right?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but you received your refund AFTER your application finalize, is that right?

I am quite worried, as my application is un-moved, not having any medical request yet but they are processing the refund. It confuses me. is that the clue that they will reject my application as its on hold ridiculous long without any reasons.

ps: in the letter, they said "we’ll automatically refund it ONCE we finalize your application"
if Bio has been done prior then they can refund at any time either during or after the process. Has your application been approved first round or there is nothing yet?

aumraiya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Hi everyone, my mother will be landing in Billy Bishop Airport as a PR. I was wondering if anyone can share their experience of their parents landing here ? I am a little worried since she is travelling alone. Thanks in advance

inaratay

May 9, 2019
Ontario
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
27-05-2019
@serious_cheese @laxsun please update the tracker sheet
Further updates for my Parents application:
Furtherance Letter Requested for Dependent on 4 Feb 2022
Furtherance Information Submitted on 10 Feb 2022
Received confirmation from IRCC about Medical Reports on 16 Feb 2022
Permanent Residence Status Decision Made on 17 Feb 2022

What does decision made mean? Does it mean PR is approved? what would be the next status?
Any information will be helpful.

Reactions: serious_cheese

mamiganda

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Senior Members Please help..

my parents received their passport back with visa and copr, the problem is they misspelled my mother’s middle name on copr and visa that was stamped on her passport. I already sent an email and webform on what to do to fix this error but i dont know when i am going to receive a reply.
does anybody here experience the same thing? What did you do? Can i just send the passport and copr back to canadian embassy and attach a letter explaining the error? I’ve tried calling also the embassy on our home country but i could not get in. This is so stressful for me and my parents back home :(

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Senior Members Please help..

my parents received their passport back with visa and copr, the problem is they misspelled my mother’s middle name on copr and visa that was stamped on her passport. I already sent an email and webform on what to do to fix this error but i dont know when i am going to receive a reply.
does anybody here experience the same thing? What did you do? Can i just send the passport and copr back to canadian embassy and attach a letter explaining the error? I’ve tried calling also the embassy on our home country but i could not get in. This is so stressful for me and my parents back home :(
If your mother’s complete name is long..the middle name (maiden name) will be shortened. Thats what happened to me, my daughter and son. My husbands name on COPR and Visa was ok.

Sample:

Surname: Santiago
Given Name: Chloe Marie
Middle Name: Reyes (mother's maiden). It shows Re. My kids middle name was Rey and Reye instead of Reyes.. it depends how long the complete name is.

all our ID in Canada even citizenship cert ended like that.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I am hoping some one can guide me. I submitted my parents application on June 18, 2019 under PGP 2019. Application was transferred to London office in late 2019 after sponsorship approval. Biometrics was done on March 7th 2020. Medical request, PCC, and family form requested in May 2021. I sent all including medical that was done few months earlier part of visitors visa application. I inquired many times via web form and email if medical is acceptable as it was still valid, despite several tried no answer. So We did another medical in August 2021 and it was updated on Sep 29, 2021. Online says you passed medical exam and since then no updates. My parents are in Canada since Oct 2021. I sent web from and email to London office and to IRCC same day they arrived however address did not change. I changed address myself online last week. I have no updates for many months now and am very worried. I contacted my MPP and sent few inquiries but no result. MPP office said all is ok with file just wait. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Appears too many files and few persons handling it. In my case they have not touched file from last 22 MONTHS. I came across similar cases on Facebook groups too. It appears they only touch file when mp ask for update.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I don't think she will be get PPR again as medical valid for one year only. If she is interested don't leave canada.Send again webform & update GCKey account of mother with canada address.
I think there is no address option in GcKey account but there is option in Ecas. Principal applicant also alloted Ecas