+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Why would you suggest that they don't need a bank account statement? (Except I am missing something)
- Assuming that you state in your invitation letter that HE would take care of his own expense then he needs a bank statement to proof that he can indeed afford it. HE also would need to show tides to his home country to demonstrate he'd return back after his visit.
- Assuming that you state YOU would be taking care of his expenses then you'd need to attach your bank statement as proof that you can afford it. Again HE would need to show tides to his home country to demonstrate he'd return back after his visit.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Anything posted in this thread are only personal opinions. Please cross-check and consult professionals like immigration consultants if you have to be quite sure. There are no experts here in this forum at least participants posting in this thread.

Reactions: RAY2112

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi,

I applied for my parents sponsorship in June 2019.

In June 2021 they received the medical request and Nov 2021 Pre-Arrival Letter.

In Feb 2022 (a week ago) they received PPR.

I have the following questions:

1. Is there a way to delay their arrival? Their medical will expire in June 2021 and so they must enter Canada before then. My eldest brother is having a baby in 2 months and my mother, who is also dependent on this application (father being principal applicant) has to provide daycare for the child.

2. My parents are also very nervous to travel to Canada and leave their other sons behind, considering COVID. Is there a possibility that my second to eldest brother applies for TRV and gets approved? He is 30 years old, does a 9-5 job, doesn't have a lot of money in the bank. My parents won't feel as much as stressed if one of their sons accompanies them in their travel and helps them settle. Has anyone had a similar experience?
The standard requirements are that your brother must have travel history in recent years outside his home country, strong connections to home country (established by job, financial strength etc.) and a good reason to come to Canada. This means, if you lack any of these, you risk being denied the visa. Country of origin might be a factor as well. This is what I feel. Other members may share their thoughts.

Pancham S

Jan 19, 2015
Quick question guys, I finally got pr portal for my parents but I end up putting the wrong postal code, just wondering how can I update the right postal code in the portal. Bcz the portal doesn't let me edit it once submitted.
Thx

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Does anyone get bio refund before the application is finalized?

my application's process is un-moved, but they sent me a letter for refund my bio fee (my mom's bio already submitted before), should I worry?

thank you

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

my application's process is un-moved, but they sent me a letter for refund my bio fee (my mom's bio already submitted before), should I worry?

thank you
Refunding an extra paid amount to IRCC does not meant that you have to worry, it means they still looking into your file. Good Luck!

Reactions: mintmint

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I applied for my parents sponsorship in June 2019.

In June 2021 they received the medical request and Nov 2021 Pre-Arrival Letter.

In Feb 2022 (a week ago) they received PPR.

I have the following questions:

1. Is there a way to delay their arrival? Their medical will expire in June 2021 and so they must enter Canada before then. My eldest brother is having a baby in 2 months and my mother, who is also dependent on this application (father being principal applicant) has to provide daycare for the child.

2. My parents are also very nervous to travel to Canada and leave their other sons behind, considering COVID. Is there a possibility that my second to eldest brother applies for TRV and gets approved? He is 30 years old, does a 9-5 job, doesn't have a lot of money in the bank. My parents won't feel as much as stressed if one of their sons accompanies them in their travel and helps them settle. Has anyone had a similar experience?
This is a personal reason, the best thing is to send an email through WebForm to your LVO and explain the situation so they might consider your reasons and delay the landing. Dnt wait for the last minute!

ivehope

Apr 17, 2017
Thanks, i have added your info to the tracker. A few questions to complete the tracker:
1) are you sponsoring parents or grandparents?
2) country of citizenship?
3) which province do you live in?
4) Invitation receive date?
5) Biometric request date?
1) Parents
2) India
3) Ontario
4) April 24 2019
5) Aug 26 2019

Today, background check updated to in-progress in gckey and received a medical surveillance letter.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

thank you
yes, I have received the refund last month.

Reactions: mintmint

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Any one still waiting for PR PORTAL LINK???

I got DM2 Jan 31st and sent webforms multiple times.. still waiting for PR Portal Link... Parents in Canada...

ECAS shows CAD address for both my parents..

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Any one still waiting for PR PORTAL LINK???

I got DM2 Jan 31st and sent webforms multiple times.. still waiting for PR Portal Link... Parents in Canada...

ECAS shows CAD address for both my parents..
It is better to wait for few weeks after sending a webform. A case officer has to send email after attending the webform.
@Pancham S today posted that he has received email to create portal link.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
It is better to wait for few weeks after sending a webform. A case officer has to send email after attending the webform.
@Pancham S today posted that he has received email to create portal link.

Thanks... its one thing after other with IRCC ... it has been such a frustrating journey... still not over yet!!!

vatish

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Hi, I have received an email for submitting police reports, biometrics, medical reports etc and in this mail they said they have sent instructions for medical and biometrics separately. I have received instructions for biometrics but not for medical. Can I get medical done for my parents without this email or do I need to wait for it? Thanks for your help!

vatish

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Hi, I have a question about linking sponsorship application to my account. I applied for PR for my parents in 2019 and have received biometric request last week but I did not link this application to my account until few minutes ago. My question is will I get old messages related to this application or only the new ones will show up in online account? Thanks!