+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
rax7187#1 -
my parents came to India in October 2021.
We informed CIC that they are in Canada.
Got Re Medical Request on 21st November 2021.
Did Medical in few days.
Got PPR on 3rd December 2021.
We informed on same day that they are in Canada and no response from CIC New Delhi
My father decided to leave Canada and my mother is still in Canada. Now she is also leaving.
So once she will be in India, we will send passport for stamping and hopefully they will do landing again before November 2022.
Financially stressful to do multiple flights in same year with Canadian winter.

I know ArriveCAN procedure.
Good to hear that PR card would be applied at the Airport and for SIN I will take appointment at Service Canada.
If someone has applied OHIP recently for their parents any insight would be helpful.
Very tough to say whether 3 month wait period will have returned by November 2022. I would look at the website closer to their arrival. If the 3 month wait period has returned I would make sure to purchase private insurance for the 3 months until they qualify for OHIP.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Today i receievd DM2 in ecas and received a letter asking to submit passports photos etc. my parents are physically in CANADA now .. can anyone confirm of i DO NOT need to submit passports?
Congratulations on receiving PPR of your parents.
If your parents are in Canada, they will be doing virtual landing without sending passports. For this you have to send a webform to IRCC informing your parents are in Canada.

But many like @OlyaMK @Pancham S and @lenalucky are facing hurdle to receive an email to create a PR portal.
I suggest you to create a thread and discuss how to approach overcoming this hurdle.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Very tough to say whether 3 month wait period will have returned by November 2022. I would look at the website closer to their arrival. If the 3 month wait period has returned I would make sure to purchase private insurance for the 3 months until they qualify for OHIP.
@rax7187 is looking for information to enroll to OHIP for his PIL who are landing very soon.
His parents will be planning to land before Nov 2022.

@rax7187 Covid19 caused such a problem in bringing our parents. We had to buy air-tickets three times in May 2021 to bring my MIL here.
Thankfully she was able to enter Canada one day before her PR visa expired.

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese

NewVitality

Dec 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Please give time line ، Application submitted date to Sponsor ship decision
Jun 24, 2019 - App. received in Ottawa
Dec 3, 2019 - AOR
Nov 18, 2020 - BioMetrics
Nov 19, 2020 - DM1
Jan 25, 2021 - CSQ (Quebec certificate)
Aug ?, 2021 - Our file assigned to London LVA,
Nov 26, 2021 - Police certificate
Feb 1, 2022 - Medical request
Feb 2, 2022 - Pre-arrival letter

Reactions: Budi07

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
June 2019 applicant
Sponsorship approved in Nov 2019
Biometric in March 2020
COVID 19
Medical May 2021, PCC, Family information form all May 2021 Sent all within 2 weeks
Nothing since then
London office
Parents in Canada on visitor's visa since Oct 2021, informed IRCC and London office, they are not changing address as they are visitor
Connected with my MP twice, same answer in process
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: prishah and Budi07

Devang T

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS-- 18-06-2014; DECISION MADE-- 10 JULY, 2014
Passport Req..
July 24, 2014; SPOUSE PPR - 18 AUG
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 08, 2014;
I hear you completely.

When you did the change of address, did you get any confirmation for change?

Yes or No? ( I am not talking about the web forms inquiry).
I said I changed the address as soon as they were here so in Nov 2020. Yes the confirmation is basically you see the address in ECAS and it was changed within a month. I am just saying that it did not worked for me so it is not always the case that process will be faster if parents are here in Canada.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Congratulations on receiving PPR of your parents.
If your parents are in Canada, they will be doing virtual landing without sending passports. For this you have to send a webform to IRCC informing your parents are in Canada.

But many like @OlyaMK @Pancham S and @lenalucky are facing hurdle to receive an email to create a PR portal.
I suggest you to create a thread and discuss how to approach overcoming this hurdle.
Does creating a PR portal is pre requisite for virtual landing??

i already have My CIC login… also i informed IRCC the moment my parents landed in Canada… i did not even had PRE ARRIVAL services letter that time…

i informed IRCC again Today that we received the information letter… and since my parents are in CANADA i DO NOT need to submit passports.

i did not expect a DM2 so quickly as i saw that it takes about 2 months after the pre arrival services letter ..

hopefully they action within 5 days as they mentioned in letter for us to contact via web form.

Devang T

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS-- 18-06-2014; DECISION MADE-- 10 JULY, 2014
Passport Req..
July 24, 2014; SPOUSE PPR - 18 AUG
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 08, 2014;
June 2019 applicant
Sponsorship approved in Nov 2019
Biometric in March 2020
COVID 19
Medical May 2021, PCC, Family information form all May 2021 Sent all within 2 weeks
Nothing since then
London office
Parents in Canada on visitor's visa since Oct 2021, informed IRCC and London office, they are not changing address as they are visitor
Connected with my MP twice, same answer in process
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Hey, have you tried giving this information or address change status via Webform? They will have to change the address as they ask multiple times to me if my parents are living in Canada and they wanted their present address. Once address is changed, you can see it under ECAS status.

Reactions: Determined1