+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have been waiting 2.5 years for the sponsor application for my mom.
I need to move to the US for work. However my sister will remain in Canada, but she is not the sponsor.

Can I be in the US and can she land as a resident?
Can I just come to visit Canada when she lands?
You must remain in Canada until at least she lands. No you can’t just visit. You are the one sponsoring her so you need to be living in Canada to still qualify for the sponsorship. Once she lands you can technically move although not the point of the program although you will remain financially responsible for her.

Avii297

Jul 26, 2019
It is not the case. Even if address is changed to Canada, it doesnt mean they will process it faster. My parents are here since Nov 2020 and I changed the address right then and still they have not got PR. Send multiple webforms and contacted MP but all in vain.
I hear you completely.

When you did the change of address, did you get any confirmation for change?

Yes or No? ( I am not talking about the web forms inquiry).

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Did they update their address to indicate that they are currently visiting Canada?
Once they landed. I updated the contact & physical address via webform. It showed in my dad’s ecas as address updated… but now that section is blank… ecas status does say “decision made” now.

hniazi86

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Interview........
waived Ecas Decision Made 01-19-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
Realistically won’t have any impact and I’m not sure what immigration minister will do. Resources won’t be reallocated to process PGP applications faster versus other immigration programs. Sponsoring parents is not possible in most countries with access to public healthcare because it creates drains on the healthcare and most never pay taxes. General view will be that you are lucky that your parents have been selected even if you have to wait a bit longer. I realize I am being blunt but many don’t realize how the program is viewed by immigration department although nobody will publicly be this blunt.
Realistically, You are wrong. Have you heard what the Minister just announced? Why do you think they have decided to do what the minister announced? It is because of all the feedbacks and Complaints they received from the Public. Also, as long as Canada is accepting large number of Refugees ( Don't get me wrong, I think it is fantastic that Canada does such a thing), Bringing 30,000 through PGP program a year won't affect our economy or health care system in a negative way at all. You really need to stop commenting here in this Forum and give people wrong information and always be negative and be BLUNT as you claim. Stop this BS and keep your opinion to yourself.

rax7187

Aug 21, 2014
Glad to know your PIL are landing soon. Did your parents (rax7187 #1) get PPR already? When?

For landing, the additional item is ArriveCan conformation email with barcode is needed for them.
They will be applying for PR card in the airport but for SIN you have to take appointment with the Service Canada.
For OHIP, someone from Ontario may help about their experience.
rax7187#1 -
my parents came to India in October 2021.
We informed CIC that they are in Canada.
Got Re Medical Request on 21st November 2021.
Did Medical in few days.
Got PPR on 3rd December 2021.
We informed on same day that they are in Canada and no response from CIC New Delhi
My father decided to leave Canada and my mother is still in Canada. Now she is also leaving.
So once she will be in India, we will send passport for stamping and hopefully they will do landing again before November 2022.
Financially stressful to do multiple flights in same year with Canadian winter.

I know ArriveCAN procedure.
Good to hear that PR card would be applied at the Airport and for SIN I will take appointment at Service Canada.
If someone has applied OHIP recently for their parents any insight would be helpful.

Reactions: laxsun

hniazi86

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Interview........
waived Ecas Decision Made 01-19-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
You must remain in Canada until at least she lands. No you can’t just visit. You are the one sponsoring her so you need to be living in Canada to still qualify for the sponsorship. Once she lands you can technically move although not the point of the program although you will remain financially responsible for her.
@dapin84 This is Wrong information. Please consult CIC directly or ask an immigration Lawyer. You can get 30 minutes free consultation from a lawyer @ https://www.probonoontario.org/hotline/.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Realistically, You are wrong. Have you heard what the Minister just announced? Why do you think they have decided to do what the minister announced? It is because of all the feedbacks and Complaints they received from the Public. Also, as long as Canada is accepting large number of Refugees ( Don't get me wrong, I think it is fantastic that Canada does such a thing), Bringing 30,000 through PGP program a year won't affect our economy or health care system in a negative way at all. You really need to stop commenting here in this Forum and give people wrong information and always be negative and be BLUNT as you claim. Stop this BS and keep your opinion to yourself.
@hniazi86 @canuck78 Please please let us not debate on this topics further in this thread.
This thread has been very useful to most of us in sharing useful information of our parents' and grandparents' cases.

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Today i receievd DM2 in ecas and received a letter asking to submit passports photos etc. my parents are physically in CANADA now .. can anyone confirm of i DO NOT need to submit passports?
[/
If parents ie Principal Applicant and dependent are already in canada then no need to submit passport etc ۔It is happened as you didn't show theirs arrival in canada۔ Inform immediately to ircc through web form

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Refugee on average are young with children. The large majority end up being taxpayer and many have minimal longterm health issues. You can’t compare the refugee population with the PGP population. 30k applications is 40-45k seniors which actually is large number of seniors to an overwhelmed healthcare system and an ageing population. There are also millions in Canada without GPs. Almost all other countries don’t allow parent sponsorship with access to healthcare because if the burden it places in the healthcare system and minimal economic benefit. If that wasn’t the case there would be unlimited PGP applications and all the other countries would allow parent sponsorship. Canada is currently focused on filling specific labour shortages with immigration and in general wanting to attract young people and young families to balance out Canada’s ageing population. No amount of protests are going to result in faster processing of PGP applicants or more resources being transferred to deal with PGP applications. The PGP program is purely political. If you asked the provinces,hospitals, physicians, LTC, etc. off the record whether they can accommodate any more seniors they would say no but many are afraid to speak openly about the program because of the political implications. The PGP applications were opened right before the federal election. That wasn’t a coincidence.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@dapin84 This is Wrong information. Please consult CIC directly or ask an immigration Lawyer. You can get 30 minutes free consultation from a lawyer @ https://www.probonoontario.org/hotline/.
This isn’t wrong. To sponsor a parent you must be living in Canada. Why would we allow people to sponsor a parent when they don’t live in Canada? You must be able to show that Canada is your permanent home and that you are still meeting LICO based on your NOA until a parent has landed. If IRCC discovers the child no longer lives in Canada the COPR can be cancelled or PGP application refused. You can check with a lawyer familiar with the PGP program. Would pay for an immigration lawyer.

@dapin84