Med's Done....
June-01-2012
Passport Req..
Oct-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process Apr-03-2013, DM Apr-12-2013
LANDED..........
May-18-2013
Hi guys, My dad is in India and my mom is here in Canada.

We got PPR on Dec 23rd and we submitted the web form right away telling IRCC that my mom is here. For my dad, we sent the PP and it came back stamped around Jan 20th.

I haven't yet heard from them for my mom and have a couple of questions:

1. How much time does it usually take to get a reply from IRCC in such cases?
2. Once they provide credentials for PR Portal, how long is the process to get a COPR from there?
3. We are in Ontario, I see Ontario has waived off the waiting period for applying for OHIP card, so that means we can apply right away when we have COPR?
Anyone?

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
I tried to link my application numerous times but always get 'Based on the information you entered, we found no applications '
I chose only the unmistakable identifiers such as passport no., file no., UCI, never using anything that may be ambiguous or anything that is case-sensitive. And since I requested GCMS notes, I know the family size recorded in IRCC's system as well so it can't be wrong either.
Any insights why my application just can't be linked?
Anyone here also has this issue?
I am in the same boat. I tried linking my moms file since the beginning but no luck. I have given up hope on linking my application.

hashjax31

Jun 23, 2021
Hi, I am here for the first time, so this might have been discussed already.
I applied for the parents sponsorship in 2019, and got confirmation around Dec 2019. There was no update in 2020 and finally in mid 2021, got invite for Medical and biometrics. It has been 6 months, and again no update. I recent an email stating that I am eligible to be a sponsor, but any more information. I am kinda lost about the process, and have tried contracting though the web forms but that has not been very help. Anyone in the same situation, and also any suggestion?
thank you so much!!

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
Congratulations!
Did IRCC ask for second medical in your parents' case? If yes, when?
No they did not ask for second medical. PA medical expires in March, they only gave us until March to land. Very tight timeline.

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Good Morning People:

I have received a letter today asking for "Details of Govt Service". It is also mentioned in the letter that the form is enclosed. However, I cant find any link for the form or an attachment. If anyone knows where I can find the form and guide me through, will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jkalan

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hello,

Has anyone received PR card for their parents recently and how long did it take ? My parents landed on Dec 3 and still no update about PR card .......

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
No they did not ask for second medical. PA medical expires in March, they only gave us until March to land. Very tight timeline.
That is good as many were asked for second medical.
Every step is a challenge.
As you and your parents have waited do long for this to happen, you have to celebrate the reunion in Canada.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi, I am here for the first time, so this might have been discussed already.
I applied for the parents sponsorship in 2019, and got confirmation around Dec 2019. There was no update in 2020 and finally in mid 2021, got invite for Medical and biometrics. It has been 6 months, and again no update. I recent an email stating that I am eligible to be a sponsor, but any more information. I am kinda lost about the process, and have tried contracting though the web forms but that has not been very help. Anyone in the same situation, and also any suggestion?
thank you so much!!
Go to 2019 tracker and look for the information who has sent application in the same time with you:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqTuXZrYG6sg4UHpHBEaMbWTgbHtvxzWYedaojGh0bg/edit#gid=945174368
The tracker includes only 864 cases out of 26000+ total, who has volunteered to provide their information.

mashfaq565

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Hello All,

just a quick question I got my approval last week for visitors visa. They have sent me an email to submit the passport for visa stamping. With the link in a email to find the location of VAC centers. But I’m not able to find the right information on VAC sites to send the passport. I live in Texas.

Can you please help me advising the instructions on how to send and return the passport being in Texas. Thanks

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hello everyone, I just received an email saying my mom is now qualified for pre arrival services. This is great news but what happens from here on. We were done with all other paperwork with her second medical done in July 2021.
@YULIA-2016 please update line 516 in the tracker.
Is it passport request after this? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello everyone, I just received an email saying my mom is now qualified for pre arrival services. This is great news but what happens from here on. We were done with all other paperwork with her second medical done in July 2021.
@YULIA-2016 please update line 516 in the tracker.
Is it passport request after this? Thanks in advance!
Aren't you in line 577?
It appears that your second medical is not passed yet as per the tracker.

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Aren't you in line 577?
It appears that your second medical is not passed yet as per the tracker.
Ecas finally updated my moms address to my Canadian address. But it doesn't show anything about 2nd medical being passed. In her first medical too her medical passed was not shown. I thought I was line 516. I will recheck.

Vbp86

Aug 17, 2021
Today I got ‘information letter’ and saying you could submit in India if you are in India… which is good… my parents in India now… but on that letter their address is some typing errors… they mentioned as well that if you have any issue with addresses or any contact information then fill webform… I am just wondering… shall I fill webform or submit passport with that letter?? I am kind of scare that if I filled webform and if it’s delay again then again I have to wait a long… please give me some suggestion… thank you..

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Jun 12 2019 application. Did medical in Aug 2021, submitted police certificate, resume, etc. in Sep 2021. Notified IRCC of a new born baby in Dec 2021. No update thus far. Would IRCC re-evaluate sponsor eligibility because of the addition of a new baby? Anyone has experience with such circumstance?

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Hello all, My parents are travelling from india to canada , their flight has a layover in germany for 4 hours. do they need negative test in germany ?