+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we applied for PGP in 2019 , got a rejection letter. 2016 income was in US, so no filing was done in Canada, 2017 income was earned in US but a zero income form was filed in Canada. 2018 income and taxes were filed in Canada. The income is sufficient as required for all the years ,but not in Canada for 2016 and 2017. And i also have sufficient income in 2019 , 2020 and 2021. is it advisable to file an appeal ? today is the last day to appeal.
You have to have Notice of Assessment for three years in Canada, in another way you need to file your taxes for the previous three years. I believe the only option you have is to wait for this year draw and apply.

Reactions: RJVJGV and YVR123

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hello, My parents completed the below-given steps for my waiting on the next steps. It's been almost 3 months and we have no updates from the immigration office. Any idea what might be happening? Our file processing center is New Delhi.

1) Medical : July 16, 2021
2) Police Certficate: Oct 1, 2021
3) Biometrics: Oct 28, 2020
3) Pre-arrival service letter date: Oct 14, 2021

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
we applied for PGP in 2019 , got a rejection letter. 2016 income was in US, so no filing was done in Canada, 2017 income was earned in US but a zero income form was filed in Canada. 2018 income and taxes were filed in Canada. The income is sufficient as required for all the years ,but not in Canada for 2016 and 2017. And i also have sufficient income in 2019 , 2020 and 2021. is it advisable to file an appeal ? today is the last day to appeal.
An experienced immigration consultant or lawyer can tell you better about this. This forum is based upon the voluntary information provided by the members.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got “Decision Made” at the beginning of November, and I am still waiting for passports request. London VO
The famous LVO :), wait is the thing we have. Good luck for all of us.
When did you get the pre arrival letter?

shaks999

Jul 31, 2018
You are correct. They cannot land virtually if they are not in Canada.
You can reply back indicating that your parents are not in Canada and LVO has to issue PR visa.
Another option may be that your parents can come back in few weeks to Canada and land virtually for PR.
Hi @laxsun - so we replied to the email saying they're not in the country but their response was confusing. Maybe there was some misunderstanding. I've reached back to them for clarification but here's what they told me:

As we require clients to be present in Canada to receive confirmation of their permanent residence, and you have indicated that you are currently outside Canada, we cannot move forward with your application at this time. Please notify immigration when you enter Canada.

Any idea what this might mean?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi @laxsun - so we replied to the email saying they're not in the country but their response was confusing. Maybe there was some misunderstanding. I've reached back to them for clarification but here's what they told me:

As we require clients to be present in Canada to receive confirmation of their permanent residence, and you have indicated that you are currently outside Canada, we cannot move forward with your application at this time. Please notify immigration when you enter Canada.

Any idea what this might mean?
In my opinion, IRCC is giving a chance to give your parents to come to Canada and land virtually.
In your situation, I would make arrangement for them to come here as soon as possible so that they can become PR.
As you and your parents have waited so long for this to happen, better to act swiftly.
The other option of getting PR visa may take several months as Covid situation is worsening and IRCC may have to close some of LVOs.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello, My parents completed the below-given steps for my waiting on the next steps. It's been almost 3 months and we have no updates from the immigration office. Any idea what might be happening? Our file processing center is New Delhi.

1) Medical : July 16, 2021
2) Police Certficate: Oct 1, 2021
3) Biometrics: Oct 28, 2020
3) Pre-arrival service letter date: Oct 14, 2021
The tracker shows that your case went to DM for PA.
Did you overlook that or just left it out intentionally?

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May5, 2015 (application received)
AOR Received.
AOR1 : June3 2015
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hello I am still waiting to hear back from mississauga visa office. June 7applicant for my mom and second medical done in July 2021 nothing after that. Ecas shows medical request sent but no updation on receiving the results. My mom came on visitors visa on November 4th 2021 and here until may. I had sent a web form for address change but that's not updated either. It's very frustrating and I dnt know what else I can do at this point. Rest everything was done dec 2019. Anyone in same boat.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello I am still waiting to hear back from mississauga visa office. June 7applicant for my mom and second medical done in July 2021 nothing after that. Ecas shows medical request sent but no updation on receiving the results. My mom came on visitors visa on November 4th 2021 and here until may. I had sent a web form for address change but that's not updated either. It's very frustrating and I dnt know what else I can do at this point. Rest everything was done dec 2019. Anyone in same boat.
Yes June 04, 2019 applicant and first medical and bio done in Jan 2020. All documents submitted till March 2020, since than no activity on file. In August 21 file shifted mississauga to London. Twice requested atip notes but notes not provided.

Akc81

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi

in GCKey, my status is stuck on « your action is required » and last message on unread.
I’ve already read and uploaded the document requested.
Does it happen to anyone?